Posts by james1bow

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Nice work. I would love to see player-owned vendors that they can stock with items for sale/to buy. Would be awesome if it was an NPC that players could place in their shop or wherever with a craftable vendor deed, similar to the way it was in Ultima Online back in the day. Or like the shops in Eco with a buy/sell menu.

I've actualy got something like this on my todo list. Once economy and auction house plugins are done.

a basic economy system that serves as a "base" plugin for another plugin I'm working(Auction House).

Introduces 3 coins: Gold, Silver, and Copper. (can be traded player to player or used with the banker).

Interactive Banker NPC (convert physical coins to digital currency and back for use with my other plugins).

Banker, Exchange can not be damaged. but, they wont just stand there and take a beating. 3 warnings until they fight back.

YouTube video

To Come: Interactive Exchange NPC (exchange copper to silver to gold and in reverse).

ability to set location and look direction of banker/ex-changer NPC's

Admins only

how to set banker NPC:

1. place a human NPC(spawnnpc dummy) command.

2. edit spawned NPC(editnpc) command.

3. name the NPC Banker.

4. press f on said NPC and select set.

to remove NPC select remove.

Once the banker is set its name can be changed to whatever you like.

all player to use:

1. craft coins(Anvil/Coins.

2. press f on banker and select deposit.

3. enter amount to deposit(coins must be in regular inventory no quick slots).

coins will need to be deposited to be used in the upcoming auction house plugin.

4. to withdraw coins press f on the banker and select withdraw.

then press f on banker and select retrieve coins. (i ran into issues inserting coins directly to inventory).

coins can be used without being deposited for player to player trades.

Files

This plugin packages all meats.

You Tube video Here

Install: download all 4 parts. extract part1 (the other 3 will self extract). move the butcher block folder to you're plugins folder.

To Use: Craft and place a butchers block(workbench/WTG/butcher's block.

Press "F" on the butchers block and select open.

Place 24 of the same meat into the butchers block(bacon type meats you need 24 stacks of 4) .

Press "F" once again and select package meat's.

To open Package: place packaged meat into the butchers block. press "F" and select open meat.

To remove: press "F" and select remove.

Tested on single player and multiplayer.

To Do: add sound effects.

Future Plan: packaged meat spoiling system. ice box powered by snow to stop it from spoiling?

For any issues comment here or contact me on discord(link in signature).

Unfortunately there is no way to access the player preview UI element from the API :/ They require some special handling to render the object dynamically, unfortunately such an element was never exposed to the API...

Hmm... it looks like syncing the skin retroactively was never fully implemented... that's why the skin actually gets changed, but it doesn't get synced with connected players :silenced: Changing the skin in the OnPlayerConnect event works though, because the player hasn't been loaded for other players yet at this stage...

I can't think of a proper workaround for this unfortunately... but we will make sure that this gets properly implemented in the new version (once the API is ready) ;)

simple work around. created a gui that allows the player to set the skin color and features. save them to a db and they just have to reconnect. this also allows for player to use multiple loadouts. #000000 doesnt work for skin color but i defaults to the players profile skin so if you mess up you set it as #000000 to reset. the beard's are not player model specific(can put beard on female player model now) but hair styles are. i would ask that in the unity api hairstyles not be male/female specific.

im looking to add the player model to a load out screen so players can change their looks. is there a way to use the player preview model (the one on the inventory GUI) via API?

Also, i cant seem to get any of the stuff for skin's to work.

public void setSkinTest(Player player){

Skin skin = this.player.getSkin();

skin.setSkinColor(0xff0000);

}

Edit: they work but the player has to re connect to the server. only way o could get them to work was to add it to the onplayerconnect method. am i correct in thinking the player model cannot be changed once its loaded into the server?

interested in this as well, havnt found anything. this would be nice! for example, create a custom item...if custom item is equipment and player item is sword1 take so much health from the defender and give a percentage of that to the attacker

for the weapons picked up with no ammo issue. not sure if it would work. use the

PlayerDropItemEvent to get the item to assign the ammo count as an attribute. when its picked up use the object definition to get the correct ammo and the attribute to add to correct amount to the players inventory.

Can in-game models for items like pickaxes be accessed in a similar way, so we can use existing item models for custom items without needing to have new model files on the client end? Something like; ModelInformation modelInfo = new ModelInformation( {some path to in-game item model} ).

I tried something analogous to your GameImageInformation example; i.e. new ModelInformation("Models/Items/Pickaxe/pickaxe_modern.j3o") but that didn't work server side.

i had tried something like this and couldnt get it to work. the only supported model information is .blend and .obj. maybe try importing the model.j3o into the jmonkey sdk and convert in to an obj? not sure if that would help as ive not looked into the jmonkey sdk. my work around was to create a gui to craft a new item and assign in an attribute, then using the playerchangeequiped item eventmethod to check for the attribute and make the changes.

red51 thank you for taking the time to give me a better explanation! And some help from yahgiggle i managed to get it working. for some reason tho, anytime i tried to code it using a lambda i would get an NPE on anything that had to do with the database(probably my lack of knowledge).

im sure there is a cleaner way to do it but....

I'm trying to create an economy/buy/sell system.

this is my GUI so far

as i am learning java the some documentation makes no sense to me. i understand i need to use callbacks for setting prices(player enters price clicks submit). i cant seem to wrap my head around how to set up call backs.

would anyone feel friendly enough to give me a basic example? ive been watching videos but none of it makes sense to me. so sorry to ask so many questions!

Yes, that's possible with the GameImageInformation object (which is derived from ImageInformation). It can be used to reference game textures or icons. Using it is a bit tricky though, because you need to provide the "path" to the game image. By default it tries to look for a "texture" in the "textures.jar" (which is located in "Rising World/data/assets/"), but if you add "Interface/" at the beginning of the path, it looks for the image in the "interface.jar".

For example, to use the pickaxe icon (which is located in the "interface.jar" under "Interface/Icons/Items/", the file name is "pickaxe_0.png"), the code could look like this:

Java
    ImageInformation icon = new GameImageInformation("Interface/Icons/Items", "pickaxe_0.png");

thanks for the info, i had noticed the gameimageinformation method, glad to know it works in the icons. one thing i noticed while peaking around the .jars is there is no icons for block's. im guessing these icons are created during runtime using model/ texture? i think i can get around this by layering 2 images. one in the foreground with a blank outline of the blocks and lay said texture underneath. thanks again for all the info the last few month's. its been a big part of this learning experience!

I'm currently working on a plugin for java that I will bring to unity at some point. there will be a cash register That you can place that sets a shop area. Any chests in this area can be filled with what they Want to sell. Owner can click the register to set prices and collect money from sales. Currency will be 3 coins (gold, silver, copper). The currency will be an item in your inventory So there can be player to player sales as well.

james1bow. Please make sure no code is overlapping between this plugin, and my plugin: [Plugin] - Gestures.

Thanks!

Shouldnt be.

A plugin that adds gestures.

To use: Craft the Gestures item (workbench/WTG/gestures).

This item only needs to be crafted once.

Right click to open menu.

left click to use the gesture.

included Gestures:

Known issue: Once a gesture is activated it stays until you change gestures or inventory item.

Possible Plans: context menu to change gestures. this would rework right click to open a menu to select the gesture with left click

this would add one more click to change a gesture. thoughts?

will also be changing the preview item to an object instead of a box.

Instructions: Extract files to your plugins folder.

Files