Posts by james1bow

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
    Java
    String[] entries = new String[]{"Option 1", "Option 2", "Option 3"};
    player.showContextMenu(entries, (String entry) -> {
    System.out.println("Selected entry: " + entry);
    });

Thanks for the info! I love learning new things.

Unfortunately it's not possible to set an animation (this only works in combination with custom items) :/ But this is planned for the new version!

my work around is to make a custom item for all 7 gestures. gesture 2 being the one craftable (gesture1 would be to offensive a default gesture :wat:). gestures are used with primary action and clicking the secondary action changes between the other customeitem(1 for each gesture).

will be using a context menu on right click in the future(once i know how to setup/use callbacks).

looking for a method in the API to trigger a player animation. only thing i can find that allows anything to do with animations has to do with custom items. is there a way to do this int he API that i may be overlooking?

Small plugin i use to test GUI functions for my plugin. can also be used when you have a plugins GUI open and the mouse pointer goes away

just press p to show/hide the mouse pointer

I'm learning to code. These are just a small plugin's that are part of a larger plugin i am working on. I figured someone may like to use them.

Potions: Crafted in the workbench

There are currently 4 potions:

Health Potion: adds 50 points to health thirst and hunger

Hermes Potion: add 75 percent to your sprint speed for 2 minutes

Day Potion: turns it day

Night Potion: turns it night

**Day and Night potions have a 1 hour cool down to prevent spamming

Weapons: Crafted in the anvil

There are currently 4 swords and 4 axes (Spears to come!)

Currently there are 4 variants of each.

*They are a little over powered atm but would like input for this.

**Sorry about the icons i will be fixing them.

Install: unzip the file and copy the Potions or Weapons folder to your plugins folder

**not sure if they works for linux/mac os?

will be working on cooking, decor, and economy (perhaps cross server auctions) Plugins in the near future.

Files

• potions.zip

(243.03 kB, downloaded 532 times, last: )
    • weapons.zip

(1.41 MB, downloaded 617 times, last: )

ive been tinkering with adding abilities to custom weapons for java. temp is one ive been messing with. was thinking of making a fridge for food so maybe something like an air conditioner/furnace that will cover a set amount of blocks. add snow to an ice box wood to fireplace for a primitive lvl. have a potion planned for traveling into hot areas and a hand warmer for cold areas

a friends is trying to play unity but it loads to white screen then crashes, couldnt find logs in local only local low.

Files

• Player.log

(31.75 kB, downloaded 165 times, last: )

bit of an update. the /ap command when run from player command causes the ap listener to stop responding as well as my on listeners.

this was my fix in the case that this is ever useful to anyone else.

Code
    else if (event.getKeyCode() == KeyInput.KEY_Y && player.hasAttribute("noap") == (true)){
    PlayerCommandEvent showareas = new PlayerCommandEvent(player, "/showareas");
    player.setAttribute("ap", "ap");
    player.deleteAttribute("noap");
    triggerEvent(showareas);
    }else if (event.getKeyCode() == KeyInput.KEY_Y && player.hasAttribute("ap") == (true)){
    PlayerCommandEvent hideareas = new PlayerCommandEvent(player, "/hideareas");
    player.deleteAttribute("ap");
    player.setAttribute("noap", "noap");
    triggerEvent(hideareas);

Untested code - just done this in notepad.

i can confirm this does work. thank you guys for the help. mind if i use the code?

Hehe that could be the smallest plugin ever :monocle:

Edit: Just thought I would add this. It's probably better to use keyboard shortcuts for this as opposed to a GUI. Because using a GUI by definition will create an extra step. The player will have to open the GUI to open pnb or ap. With a keyboard shortcut (I've just used F keys in my example) the player can get straight to pnb or ap - and isn't that the objective?

I agree with the hot keys instead of gui. Finaly understand what red was talking about with the command event, still learning. As for smallest plugin. I just made one just to enable the mouse pointer for stuck open gui's.

I looked at doing this before, but figured it was not possible.

Would be interested to see if there was a hack to get this to work :)

There is one other option, you could always decompile the pnb and ap jar files. Then add an event listener (maybe a keyboard key) to launch the UI and then recompile?

i beleive this can be achieved byt using the import (

import java.awt.Robot;

import java.awt.event.KeyEvent;)

edit. works on single player but not multiplayer. i must be missing something.

try {

robot = new Robot();

robot.setAutoDelay(125);

robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_T);

robot.keyRelease(KeyEvent.VK_T);

robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_SLASH);

robot.keyRelease(KeyEvent.VK_SLASH);

robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_A);

robot.keyRelease(KeyEvent.VK_A);

robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_P);

robot.keyRelease(KeyEvent.VK_P);

robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER);

robot.keyRelease(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER);

}catch (AWTException e){e.printStackTrace();

I looked at doing this before, but figured it was not possible.

Would be interested to see if there was a hack to get this to work :)

There is one other option, you could always decompile the pnb and ap jar files. Then add an event listener (maybe a keyboard key) to launch the UI and then recompile?

thought about it but didnt feel rite messing with others code.

There is unfortunately no showChat method in the Java version, but it will be part of the new plugin API ;)

If you want to send a chat message to a player, you can use the sendTextMessage() method.

The PlayerChatEvent you've linked, however, is an event, as mentioned by Minotorious : It gets triggered by the game as soon as a player sends a chat message (i.e. after he presses the Return key). At this stage, it's not visible in chat yet, so you can manipulate the chat message through the API (or cancel the event if you don't want the chat message to show up). The message from the PlayerChatEvent will be broadcasted to all players (unless you cancel the event).

thank you, was trying to make it so players didnt have type commands for /ap /pnb.

trying to build a gui for players to make plugin commands clickable. will have gui with button assigned to some plugins (/ap, /pnb).

when using the setChat() method, does it just display in chat or does it enter it into chat as if typing the command and pressing enter?