Server Requirements For New Version with plugin API

• After the Plugin API version update im getting jdk dependency errors. The plugin system is DOA and also the permission system is effected, the server still runs however.

"[ERROR] DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '../Java/JDK/bin/server/jvm.dll'. Tried the load the following dynamic libraries: Unable to load dynamic library '../Java/JDK/bin/server/jvm.dll' because of 'Failed to open the requested dynamic library (0x06000000) - The specified module could not be found. (WinError:0000007e)"

What OS's are compatible with Rising World Server? - it seems to work ok with windows 10 but windows server 2012 its coming up with the above error. I can upgrade my OS if necessary.

I saw a link to download vc 2015 from a previous post but my server already has vc2017 and wont allow me to install the 2015 version because it says 2017 version super-seeds it.

Also the scheduler no longer works, the server will not restart automatically which is a pain because i have to manually remote into it to restart.

It would be handy to have a comprehensive detailed manual available about Rising World Server, with all the technical information in one place rather than having to trawl through the forum and missing something vital, which I probably have :lol:

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• For anyone curios to know........ I have finally solved the problem.

Rising world server is compatible with Windows Server 2012 as long as you install the dependency. To get it working use the below link and dl and install the 64bit version ... you can also install the 32 bit version for good luck :-D

'Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022'

https://learn.microsoft.com/en…d-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

The link in a previous post about this problem, the dev gave a link to the old vs2015 dependency that didn't work as the jdm was looking for files that were not there.

As for the scheduler for the server........ god knows why its non functional.. I will get to the bottom of it eventually

Hope this helps others that come accross this problem.

• Just a heads up, Server 2012, and 2012 R2 are EOL in less than two months.

You certainly wouldn't want these servers connected to the Internet after 10th Oct.

Also, as far as using Windows as a server, pretty much every BC company runs Windows servers. I think that says it all.

Yes Linux is great too. Even Microsoft acknowledge this, I believe Windows Azure actually runs as a VM from RedHat servers.

At the end of the day, servers are tools, you just need to pick a tool and use it. So long as it works for you, that's the main thing 😀

• Sorry for my late response, unfortunately I missed your initial post :/ But I'm glad to hear you managed to solve the problem :)

As for the scheduler for the server........ god knows why its non functional.. I will get to the bottom of it eventually

Hmm... if the scheduler contains any errors, the log usually provides more information about that :thinking: Do you mind sending me the scheduler file, so I can take a closer look at it? You can either upload it here or send it via PM to me :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!