Terrain artifacts

• Hello`s

Im cutting a pass through some mountains using creative mode F5 (terrain) and 1 (add/subtract) and Im getting ghost artifacts at any real distance. Huge stone spikes where Ive cut away.

Can anyone tell me how to nix them please.

• This feature could happen while loading the map, but I think you've removed too much terrain.

Try to place a block in the hole, sometimes the hole disappears.

The other way, fill the holes with stones or dirt and closed it manually.

Or you copy a part of the canyon with a blueprint and paste it in the gaps. This is an easy way. ^^ But be aware when serting terrain with big parts on blueprints it could slow the game for a moment, so it seems that game wob't load . But that will stop by itself or you start the game again. Depends on the size of the part you've copied.

• These tips like to come when you work on large areas.

You can only see them from afar

if you go closer they are gone

i think it is a graphics bug

Verweilt im Raum
    von Zeit und Geist
    Green Island

• Sorry for my late response! These "spikes" usually occur if there are a few terrain blocks remaining after several terrain modifications. In regular chunks, they only become visible if there are at least 2x2x2 blocks of solid terrain (due to the smoothing algorithm). LOD chunks, however, work differently: They only take the elevation of the terrain into account (like a heightmap), so it's possible that a few remaining blocks of terrain become visible in LOD chunks.

We've done some work to avoid these situations in the new version, although I'm not sure if we can get rid of this issue completely. To "fix" this issue in the current version, you can use the creative mode tools, but it's still a bit tricky: Remember the position and height of these spikes, move towards them (so they're no longer visible), then use the creative mode area tool (F5 -> 4), select the area around the spikes and hit DEL on your keyboard. As said, it's a bit tricky, unfortunately there is no other solution for this :silenced:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!