NEW VERSION DRM FREE?

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hi good morning!

Loving the game so far and really excited for the new one, but just had a thought, I chose this game specifically because the standalone version allows offline play and can be transferred to my fully offline PC but I am concerned that the new version will be steam only i.e - require DRM?

Is it possible to get an update on this? Will you still be providing a DRM FREE Standalone version that I can transfer to my other PC?

Kind Regards,

Nytician.

• First of all the Steam version allows for offline play as well (so long as the pc had internet at the time of download, so your file copying can't work with steam unfortunately) but ofc both versions (steam and standalone) will get the new update

• I have found that as long as steam has been installed on both computers, you can install the steam engine and all your games on an external hard drive and switch the drive between the different computers. just make a shortcut to the steam.exe and you should be able to start in offline mode unless you hit try again. if you hit try again it will go to the sign in page and not stop till it gets internet access. As long as you sign in in offline mode you should have no ploblems. Some games can be copied into the steamapps/common/game file without internet access and others will require internet till the game has been updated and installed properly. you have to just try or you can do a game backup from a comp withh access then restore it to your offline build. I can not guarantee this will work but most of the time it does for me. Hope this helps. This is on windows of course. I haven't tried it with linux yet. If you do like me and install on an external HDD, to add games or update the system and games, just plug the drive into a comp with net access that steam has been installed on and update, then swicth the drive back to the other comp. Important, the reason for installing steam on both comps is to get the registry entries for steam so it will run properly. Once you have that, you can run any other build of steam on that comp from any drive hooked to that comp. You can delete the original steam file system created when you install steam and just run off the build on the external drive. You may run into needing the net for installing registry entries that the games are reliant on but I have found most will work.

• As Minotorious mentioned, both the Standalone and Steam version and will get the new update ;) And the standalone will still be kinda DRM free (well, actually it's not exactly DRM free, as you have to enter your serial to launch the game - although it can be installed on any number of computers, and you can also play it without an active internet connection [which is only required for the first time installation]).

• As Minotorious mentioned, both the Standalone and Steam version and will get the new update ;) And the standalone will still be kinda DRM free (well, actually it's not exactly DRM free, as you have to enter your serial to launch the game - although it can be installed on any number of computers, and you can also play it without an active internet connection [which is only required for the first time installation]).

Little question mark floating above my head: If there are bugfixes etc, will the standalone version require an internet connection, too, to update?

• Ok great thanks for your responses everyone. I think It will be a bit of a wait and see game seemingly, at the moment I can download the current version, login and then copy that across to my other PC and run it on offline mode, basically I'm hoping the new one does the same kind of activation check really. Steam is pretty forgiving overall but the one time install thing still assumes I plug this PC into the net one time to set it up and ties everything down to the motherboard/CPU config of that PC whereas I'm trying to create a somewhat full DRM FREE experience on this other one if that makes sense lol. I guess time will tell as to whether thats what RED51 was meaning in his post.

Thanks all.

Nyt.

• Little question mark floating above my head: If there are bugfixes etc, will the standalone version require an internet connection, too, to update?

Yes, updates are only available through the auto-updater, so an internet connection is also required if you want to get a download update ;) But there is no internet connection required to play the game (unless you want to play multiplayer of course)^^

Ok great thanks for your responses everyone. I think It will be a bit of a wait and see game seemingly, at the moment I can download the current version, login and then copy that across to my other PC and run it on offline mode, basically I'm hoping the new one does the same kind of activation check really

Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear enough, but yes, the new standalone will still work the same way. You can download it, login, then move the folder to an offline PC and you will still be able to play :)

• Oh wow! Yay awesome thanks, really love that! Thank you in a world where so many games rely on DRM (understandably) its great to have one where you have a few options. And I suppose most people will use the steam version anyhow :).

Really appreciate the quick response, can't wait to try the DEMO when its ready haha!

Regards,

Nytician.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!