• Steam or Standalone?
    Steam
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Singleplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Windows

Is it possible to allocate more than 4gigs of ram? Someone had told me that the client is 32bit and can only be allocated with 4gigs. Is this true?

• Rising World is a 64 bit application and therefore there are basically no limits about the addressable amount of memory ;) However, as a Java application, the game has to pass the required amount of RAM to the VM before starting the game, this means the game cannot allocate more RAM if it runs out of memory.

The amount of memory the game allocates depends on the amount of system RAM (at least this applies to the Steam version of the game). If you have more than 10 GB, the game will allocate up to 7 GB. Usually this is sufficient, but if you're using lots of custom images or create buildings with a high level of detail, it might be necessary to allocate more RAM. To do that, you can add a launch option in Steam: Rightclick on RW in your Steam library -> Properties -> Set launch option -> enter +memory DIRECT HEAP (replace DIRECT with the amount of direct memory [i.e. native memory used by textures, meshes etc], and HEAP with the amount of heap memory). For instance, if you want to assign 12 GB to the game, you could write +memory 6144 6144

• Rising World is a 64 bit application and therefore there are basically no limits about the addressable amount of memory ;) However, as a Java application, the game has to pass the required amount of RAM to the VM before starting the game, this means the game cannot allocate more RAM if it runs out of memory.

The amount of memory the game allocates depends on the amount of system RAM (at least this applies to the Steam version of the game). If you have more than 10 GB, the game will allocate up to 7 GB. Usually this is sufficient, but if you're using lots of custom images or create buildings with a high level of detail, it might be necessary to allocate more RAM. To do that, you can add a launch option in Steam: Rightclick on RW in your Steam library -> Properties -> Set launch option -> enter +memory DIRECT HEAP (replace DIRECT with the amount of direct memory [i.e. native memory used by textures, meshes etc], and HEAP with the amount of heap memory). For instance, if you want to assign 12 GB to the game, you could write +memory 6144 6144

Thank you for clearing this up Red. I knew there was something to do with java machine but wasnt sure.

• Does it depend on your hard drive? Like if Rising World is installed on a 64 bit had drive, will Rising World be 64bit?

No, if you are running a 32 bit os you need 32bit java, 64 bit os 64 bit java. sorry to have confuse you ash as i for some reason thought the game client was 32 bit. odds are youre pc is 64 bit.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!