Changing Block shapes in inventory

• I feel like i owe this to red51 :nerd:

I am currently playing only creative mode. I want to get back to a level where i feel secure with building. But once a new world generation and Mulitplayer are available ill go to Survival as well. However since there was such a huge discussion if changing block shapes in inventory should be in the game or not i wanted to share my opinion now that i have played with it a bit.

In creative its definitely a huge plus. I use it quite often and im happy i dont have to fly back to the work bench every few seconds just to get this texture with a different shape. So its really a well thought addition.

As for survival im still not sure. Im sure it will feel more comfortable. But probably also a bit like cheating. If you could add some tool that allows this (i.e. a saw, a hammer, a chisel...) i can imagine this function also in survival and a very helpful one.

Im not against it anymore. Its really a good addition to the game. Just maybe for survival something that keeps the immersion :nerd:;)

• Since the block bank already exists, I would assume that it can / should also be used in survival. I don't see any need for a tool to go.

But I hope that there will be at least one workbench for crafting the items and that ores have to be melted in a furnace.

I prefer to actually use special workbenches for special things than just being around them and ultimately crafting over the inventory. :)

• Since the block bank already exists, I would assume that it can / should also be used in survival. I don't see any need for a tool to go.

But I hope that there will be at least one workbench for crafting the items and that ores have to be melted in a furnace.

I prefer to actually use special workbenches for special things than just being around them and ultimately crafting over the inventory. :)

Yes yes. I agree. But there was a discussion in which red51 asked if we should be able to change a block shape in inventory.

I was very strictly against that and now that this feature is available i wanted to give my input on that.

That you can and should change shapes at a work bench is clear. I just meant away from a work bench you should need a tool

• Hehe, thanks for the feedback Avanar :) :thumbup:

In survival mode, there is indeed a requirement to have a workbench in close proximity to change the block shape, otherwise you can't change the shape, as mentioned by Yaromid :D

I prefer to actually use special workbenches for special things than just being around them and ultimately crafting over the inventory

Yes, that's definitely planned :) The crafting part is just missing, and the current block selection at the workbench is just a temporary solution^^ When it comes to furnaces etc, we want to stick to our original approach in the Java version.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!