key binding overlap

• As I started my new world. I ran into small annoying issue that was easy to change. Crafting and interaction use the both key binding which is E. This made it hard to pick items (like logs) until I map crafting to 'R'.

• Actually the default interaction key is F, so in a fresh installation it should not interfere with the crafting key ^^ But the new version is still lacking a check for collisions when rebinding keys, so that's definitely something we want to add ;)

• I have been wondering why the [I]nventory has been moved from "i" to "Tab" and [Z]oom has been been moved from "z" to "y"? Doesn't seem to make sense to me, is there a reason?

Well, the reason for moving the default inventory key to tab was that it's usually easier to reach^^ And many other games also use tab or e for their inventory, so we thought it would be better to stick to such a layout as well :D

About the zoom, this is indeed only happening in the new version. The zoom key relies on a QWERTZ keyboard layout, resulting in Z becoming Y on QWERTY keyboards :drunk: I guess it's better if we change the default binding for this and move it to Z, at least on QWERTY keyboards ;)

• I have set up my mouse to make me sprint forward while holding mouse 4- I have set up sprint and forward to overlap, its excellent. I can run forward using only my mouse. Hope this will still be possible in the future?

• For other games I play with Key mapping/bindings.....

'E' for interactions

'I' inventory

'R' reload (Borderlands series and Fallout series) Others games has as ready item/put weapon away

'F' one game has it for crafting

'M' map

'L-ctrl' crouch or sneak

'tab' skills/other in game menus (elder scrolls games like Skyrim) and Borderlands series

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!