Game Effect Suggestion

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Hi, just a little suggestion for an effect that could be applied to the client in game.

Best way to express this I think is with an image, even though it is far from perfect.

sddefault.jpg

So jep, when a player is in a certain weather (such as snow and rain) if the players camera y axis goes up over a certain threshold value then raindrops/snowdrops start to appear on their screen. I.e they're looking up.

Might make the weather have an extra degree of immersiveness.

• So jep, when a player is in a certain weather (such as snow and rain) if the players camera y axis goes up over a certain threshold value then raindrops/snowdrops start to appear on their screen.

That would be a nice effect for rain (something similar could maybe also work when after diving in the water) ;) I'll put this on our to-do list

Will you then please add an option in the settings to switch this effect off? :D

When I look up standing in the rain, my eyes twinkle to get the drops off. I have no "screen" above my head nor glasses or cameras when starting a survival career.

This drops on screen effect is more fitting when we have glass roofs or car windows.

:thinking: Makes me think ... are we so much used to have shelter parts or computer screens around us that we cannot remember how weather effects are behaving on unprotected skin? :thinking:

• Will you then please add an option in the settings to switch this effect off? :D

Yes of course :)

I understand that it's not particularly realistic to have an effect like that :D There are some effects out there in the gaming world which are quite unrealistic (e.g. lens flare, motion blur [at least for camera motion], depth of field etc)... some people like it, some don't, so it's definitely a good idea to have a way to turn these effects off ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!