A challenge for the community with pay!

• Greetings,

For my server I am looking to pay someone to create an economy/trade plugin. What I am looking for:

1)Item based coin preferably that can be crafted.

2)Trade that can be done through small chest or maybe all chests. The little shop cart may be cool as well.

3)player based created shop preferred.

A bonus would be if each server could have an option to modify the coin. So each server could be just a bit different.

If you can do it. Show it by responding here with pictures with what amount you would like to be paid for it. Before plugin and cash are exchanged I would like to see a video of it in operation or visit a test server with it. I do intend for it to be posted in the forum here for all with full credit going to the author.

Now lets get add it and show that this community is still alive with the java version. :)

• Just to make sure that I understand this correctly :) Is this plugin meant for the Java version only or do you want to work it also in the Unity version?

No, I do not craft plugins at all :D It is curiosity only :D

I am looking for a plugin for the java version. If it helps the community and does both that would be awesome. Our server will remain the java version until I am the last person on it, Then just take my boots of and bury me on it.

I wish I would have seen rising world long ago when it started. This should have been top game from the beginning. I would have invested huge in it.

• I am looking for a plugin for the java version. If it helps the community and does both that would be awesome. Our server will remain the java version until I am the last person on it, Then just take my boots of and bury me on it.

I wish I would have seen rising world long ago when it started. This should have been top game from the beginning. I would have invested huge in it.

Then why not do it now with Unity?

• Then why not do it now with Unity?

Not sure how you meant that question.

If you meant host the unity. = Unity based games I feel are over bloated resource hogs. Java has a longer history.

If you meant develop the plugin = That is up to whomever takes the challenge.

If you meant investment = Basically I have as a whole. Rising world makes a great Christmas present. I purchased a few copies. To invest funds in the Unity version directly I would not do. I would invest to see more done with the java version.

• It could be difficult to find active plugin developer at the moment. Most people wait that the Unity version become finished. I think yahwho has a very feature rich plugin for java on his server similar to what you are looking for, maybe he knows more?

I would love if there is more activity in the java version, but I must admit that it is a little bit difficult to go back to the java version after playing the new version :saint:

• I purchased a few copies. To invest funds in the Unity version directly I would not do. I would invest to see more done with the java version.

You know that you included the Unity version without paying? ;) Steam library > right click Rising World > properties > betas > unity - New version preview

After that you can select one of the two versions via the steam library, but only there. The selection does not work in the taskbar.

There are some Java-plugins that come close to what you want. Afaik the Plugins from PatrickOtt, Sandboxgamer (same person)

have some of your desired requirements.

He is still active in the forum, maybe you ask him, or you just test plugins on a test server.

I also understand that people would rather stay in the java version. With friends the Java version is just more fun so far.

• Not sure how you meant that question.

If you meant host the unity. = Unity based games I feel are over bloated resource hogs. Java has a longer history.

If you meant develop the plugin = That is up to whomever takes the challenge.

If you meant investment = Basically I have as a whole. Rising world makes a great Christmas present. I purchased a few copies. To invest funds in the Unity version directly I would not do. I would invest to see more done with the java version.

Red did a very careful choice with Unity and i trust him that he balances things right. Just try it. If you own the java version already, the unity is included. It won't cost you a cent

• If you own the java version already, the unity is included. It won't cost you a cent

That's what I mentioned above. ;)

rodneymillerpca But, with people who want to play together the Unity-Version is not really funny. For builders yes, but for farms, trading systems and so on, the Java-Version is pretty much better, till now. ^^

There are still some servers using Java-Scripts. You can see that in the server overview, but as far as I know, only scripts are displayed, no plugins, that means plugins can be used but are not listened.

• Greetings, rodneymillerpca!

I can do this for you. I won't require payment. However, it may take a little while (few weeks to a month), because I have IRL stuff, & lots of other projects going on as well.

As well, I would post the plugin once it is finished, and from there you can download it and add it to your server. Of course, I can open a test server so you can come view it. (It won't be published until it is ready for use by the general public, however.)

Let me know what you think of this, and maybe we can work something out.

• Greetings, rodneymillerpca!

I can do this for you. I won't require payment. However, it may take a little while (few weeks to a month), because I have IRL stuff, & lots of other projects going on as well.

As well, I would post the plugin once it is finished, and from there you can download it and add it to your server. Of course, I can open a test server so you can come view it. (It won't be published until it is ready for use by the general public, however.)

Let me know what you think of this, and maybe we can work something out.

That would be awesome, However you should have some compensation for your time.

• It could be difficult to find active plugin developer at the moment. Most people wait that the Unity version become finished. I think yahwho has a very feature rich plugin for java on his server similar to what you are looking for, maybe he knows more?

I would love if there is more activity in the java version, but I must admit that it is a little bit difficult to go back to the java version after playing the new version :saint:

Yes this is correct MR has these features, but the plugin is not compartmentalised. I.e. MR is just one big interlinked plugin.

Probably best to wait a few weeks as Only1Gopher is going to write one for you.

• We've been active player of this game for the last 7 years Java version will be best for decentralized long lasting world. I have been working on getting this developed but have run into you a lot of snags finding the right type of people to see the true potential of this project. I'm believe anybody that makes plugins for this project should receive compensations and royalties. This will definitely encourage a growth in the amount of developers you have around to help out on plugins. Let me know if you're interested in maybe talking about both of our projects and see if maybe we can work together.

• We've been active player of this game for the last 7 years Java version will be best for decentralized long lasting world. I have been working on getting this developed but have run into you a lot of snags finding the right type of people to see the true potential of this project. I'm believe anybody that makes plugins for this project should receive compensations and royalties. This will definitely encourage a growth in the amount of developers you have around to help out on plugins. Let me know if you're interested in maybe talking about both of our projects and see if maybe we can work together.

Greetings,

I agree that developers whom work on plugins, mods, and so forth should be compensated. Some prefer nonmonetary compensation like a simple thank you or credit.

For the year rising world was developed it should have been top game. The in world fine details the developer has put into it are awesome even by todays standards.

This community is not dead yet, Just hibernating way to long. Ourserver has about 50 log in's a day and the community is very family like. The creativity of this community is outstanding. The details that go into some of these builds really compete with real life.

To update on my request for an economy plugin. To date we have one that says it can be done easily, and another showing me some really good effort. From what I see creating the actual coin and/or paper currency that can be minted by players is not to hard. Creating a chest like object to act as a shop seems harder, However manageable. Getting the transactions to work between them and save the data seems to be the issue. I know it can be done. I just do not have the talent and way to busy in life to learn how to do this.

• Getting the transactions to work between them, and saving data shouldn't be too much of an issue. One way this can be done, is use Databases to Save Transactions, as well as use Databases to also handle transactions. However, using a Database to handle transactions might not be so performance friendly in the long run, unless you have it programmed so once the transaction has been handled, that entry gets cleared out of the database.

• Getting the transactions to work between them, and saving data shouldn't be too much of an issue. One way this can be done, is use Databases to Save Transactions, as well as use Databases to also handle transactions. However, using a Database to handle transactions might not be so performance friendly in the long run, unless you have it programmed so once the transaction has been handled, that entry gets cleared out of the database.

i think a cross server auction house would be cool as well. at a standstill on my plugin for java atm as im unsure of its future. plan on starting work on one for the unity version once there is an api

• Getting the transactions to work between them, and saving data shouldn't be too much of an issue. One way this can be done, is use Databases to Save Transactions, as well as use Databases to also handle transactions. However, using a Database to handle transactions might not be so performance friendly in the long run, unless you have it programmed so once the transaction has been handled, that entry gets cleared out of the database

now that i think about it, to be more performance friendly...if the coin is spawned(forged) its an item that can be swapped for another item(1 coin trade 1 apple). database would only be needed to know whats in the chest and at what prices.

• i think a cross server auction house would be cool as well

This would take a lot of work, as you'd have to add in something to the code where it can communicate between servers. Though, I believe the code for communication between servers is already in some other plugin? Maybe they can shed more light on this. :thinking:

to be more performance friendly...if the coin is spawned(forged) its an item that can be swapped for another item(1 coin trade 1 apple). database would only be needed to know whats in the chest and at what prices.

This could work. Really, you'd have to play around with it and see what works best for your use-case, etc. Maybe even make it configurable, if you intend to publish the Plugin. :thumbup:

• This would take a lot of work, as you'd have to add in something to the code where it can communicate between servers. Though, I believe the code for communication between servers is already in some other plugin? Maybe they can shed more light on this. :thinking:

or a central location to store a database for all servers running the plugin? as you know im just starting to learn the whole java thing. that being said, i do have some more hardware should anyone be interested in the idea enough.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!