New Version Raytracing

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Raytracing is definitely planned, and it would help us to implement things like proper global illumination (RW would really benefit from that), but as mentioned by paulevs , it has a low priority at the moment (considering the majority of players still don't have capable hardware, and there are still other more pressing features) :saint:

• red51 I recommend a dynamic lighting variant for the luminous blocks. That’s really what I was expecting when I first used them. I guess I expected too much? Lol I really would love to see dynamic lighting with ‘LEDS’ for the glass houses that I love to make 😃

• red51 I recommend a dynamic lighting variant for the luminous blocks. That’s really what I was expecting when I first used them. I guess I expected too much? Lol I really would love to see dynamic lighting with ‘LEDS’ for the glass houses that I love to make 😃

Well, probably we can only implement that with raytracing ;) A non-raytraced solution would introduce a lot of issues (in terms of performance) unfortunately... players can basically place an unlimited amount of luminous blocks, resulting in too many lights the game would have to handle... :|

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!