Hellow everyone, I know that Unity version plugins are not in the main priority at this moment and new API will probably appear only in one of latest beta releases, but I have some questions about them. Some of them were probably answered earlier, but some info may changed during time.
So, my questions are:
1. Will plugins have a system for custom objects?
2. If yes how it will work? Will objects be loaded from some sort of unity assets or it will be possible to load models from formats like OBJ?
3. Will it be possible to construct things in code procedurally or it will require manual model loading?
4. Will models have support for different shaders or they will use single shader with different texture maps?
5. Will game automatically store objects data in worlds database or each plugin should implement its own system to store objects?
Answers on these questions are important for large plugins that can add custom stuff. For example if someone (me) want to add something like new biomes or resources into the game how much work it will require to store things in world and load them for each player? In Java version this can be done in a bit weird way (at least in example plugins), and plugins that will add massive amount of objects (like custom plants or world objects) require a lot of work and custom chunk management. If in Unity version this will be done on engine side (with some sort of object data serialisation method determined in plugin objects) it will make possible really huge things to be done (like custom biomes, flora, resources and so on). So, the most important question is actually the last one