player model

• im looking to add the player model to a load out screen so players can change their looks. is there a way to use the player preview model (the one on the inventory GUI) via API?

Also, i cant seem to get any of the stuff for skin's to work.

public void setSkinTest(Player player){

Skin skin = this.player.getSkin();

skin.setSkinColor(0xff0000);

}

Edit: they work but the player has to re connect to the server. only way o could get them to work was to add it to the onplayerconnect method. am i correct in thinking the player model cannot be changed once its loaded into the server?

• Unfortunately there is no way to access the player preview UI element from the API :/ They require some special handling to render the object dynamically, unfortunately such an element was never exposed to the API...

Also, i cant seem to get any of the stuff for skin's to work.

Hmm... it looks like syncing the skin retroactively was never fully implemented... that's why the skin actually gets changed, but it doesn't get synced with connected players :silenced: Changing the skin in the OnPlayerConnect event works though, because the player hasn't been loaded for other players yet at this stage...

I can't think of a proper workaround for this unfortunately... but we will make sure that this gets properly implemented in the new version (once the API is ready) ;)

• Unfortunately there is no way to access the player preview UI element from the API :/ They require some special handling to render the object dynamically, unfortunately such an element was never exposed to the API...

Hmm... it looks like syncing the skin retroactively was never fully implemented... that's why the skin actually gets changed, but it doesn't get synced with connected players :silenced: Changing the skin in the OnPlayerConnect event works though, because the player hasn't been loaded for other players yet at this stage...

I can't think of a proper workaround for this unfortunately... but we will make sure that this gets properly implemented in the new version (once the API is ready) ;)

simple work around. created a gui that allows the player to set the skin color and features. save them to a db and they just have to reconnect. this also allows for player to use multiple loadouts. #000000 doesnt work for skin color but i defaults to the players profile skin so if you mess up you set it as #000000 to reset. the beard's are not player model specific(can put beard on female player model now) but hair styles are. i would ask that in the unity api hairstyles not be male/female specific.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!