[SCRIPT] World Edit

• If this applies ton only blocks, yes, it would be possible... but it would destroy ALL blocks in the specified area. It would not be possible to preserve any other previous blocks. It would be interesting to implement this once it is possible to copy / paste entire regions at some point.

• The /we Clear veg etc doesnt work, and /we clear abs, removes everything as intended....
    a bit anoying when you ONLY want to remove grass etc

• You seriously made my day! Thank you so much for the quick update!

• Another update was made on the script. All terrain textures are now available via the /we fill command. Also, long help lines are now wrapped!

The README was updated! Those who do not install using Git (aka manual install) should not forget to add the string-ext sub-module also!

Some tools are coming to make everyone's life easier installing and updating scripts :) I don't know when, but the idea is brewing....

• New update on World Edit!! For the geeks, you may peek into the changes here.

The most notable changes for version 0.5.71 are :

• It is now possible to use /we fill with all ores... and grass. "What, grass? But we already can do /we fill grass, right?", you might say. Indeed. But you can now put "real" grass now, at the length you want, too! All names are listed with /we help fill

• New ores : iron, copper, aluminium, silver, gold, tungsten, cobalt, mithril
      • New grass : grass1, grass2, grass3, grass4, grass5, grass6, grass7, grass8, grass9, grass10 (i.e. 1 to 10, the higher, the higher the grass)
    • New /we about so you know what version of World-Edit is installed.

Some minor refactor have been made internally, but nothing noticeable, if not perhaps some milliseconds speed improvement globally when executing commands.

You may use the forum, or Github directly for issues, and suggestions. Please, use the forums for general comments and questions.

Cheers!

NOTE: some might have expected copy/paste already, but there are some issues that need to be addressed, first. Know that the feature is being worked on and will be released as soon as it is deemed stable enough.

• Is this normal?

That happens when something is built directly below the ground, so it's not related to this script ;) This can be disabled in the settings when your turn "Grass Masking" off (but then grass is also visible through objects etc, so that's not really a solution). We will fix this issue in the next time^^

• That happens when something is built directly below the ground, so it's not related to this script ;) This can be disabled in the settings when your turn "Grass Masking" off (but then grass is also visible through objects etc, so that's not really a solution). We will fix this issue in the next time^^

Yes, exactly. You can fix this by selecting the area where you have blocks underground (your selection should be 3 blocks high--on the y axis--minimum), then perform /we fill dirt (or stone, etc. You should apply any other terrain id than grass. I usually prepare the terrain with dirt, or stone, then place blocks, and I never have this problem.

• Good morning. When I try to clone world edit I get this:
    fatal: reference is not a tree: e86f2b2fbb4cf69f666e6670a0d2ea653bd3b480
    Unable to checkout 'e86f2b2fbb4cf69f666e6670a0d2ea653bd3b480' in submodule path 'table-ext'

and the server fails to start. Did I miss something?

• Good morning. When I try to clone world edit I get this:
    fatal: reference is not a tree: e86f2b2fbb4cf69f666e6670a0d2ea653bd3b480
    Unable to checkout 'e86f2b2fbb4cf69f666e6670a0d2ea653bd3b480' in submodule path 'table-ext'

and the server fails to start. Did I miss something?

Well.. no, you did not. And you are correct; I too get this error when cloning from a clean path. I'll investigate. Meanwhile, you can manually extract table-ext (there's really only one file...) inside the folder and you'll be good to go. I'll create the issue on github. Thanks for reporting this.

**UPDATE**

All is good, I just updated the submodule reference and it all checks out fine now. Sorry for that!

• Thank you very much LordFoobar. This is just one of the many reasons this wonderful game and fine community will excel.

• I have another idea for an extension of the script maybe someone has the time to implement these:

So you can take the marking event to get all blocks of an area, maybe you can take the data and in addition to copy the blocks ingame, you can create s called "Blueprint"/"Schematic" for the selection and save it as file. So you can give it a name and load it into another world and place it. This would be awesome! At multiplayer worlds this has to be limited to area size and count of blueprints a player is allowed to upload.

I think that would be a great addition.

• I have another idea for an extension of the script maybe someone has the time to implement these:

So you can take the marking event to get all blocks of an area, maybe you can take the data and in addition to copy the blocks ingame, you can create s called "Blueprint"/"Schematic" for the selection and save it as file. So you can give it a name and load it into another world and place it. This would be awesome! At multiplayer worlds this has to be limited to area size and count of blueprints a player is allowed to upload.

I think that would be a great addition.

This is a great idea! The Lua API already has methods to serialize data to file. I've never played with it, but this is surely something to investigate! And, actually, would be a useful way to implement copy/paste as well :) For example, Bob select an area, copy it given a name (data saved to file given the name); Jack select an area, then paste the copied data given a name (the file is read, then written at the selected location).

Thanks for the idea!

• Good that others like the idea, another advantage would be that we could save building before a new update is released, so we may prevent losing our creations and share them with others. (Or Steamworkshop implementation?) I think i can remember Red already planned something like this blueprint thing but why not doing a basic functional implementation in this lua script.

• Good that others like the idea, another advantage would be that we could save building before a new update is released, so we may prevent losing our creations and share them with others. (Or Steamworkshop implementation?) I think i can remember Red already planned something like this blueprint thing but why not doing a basic functional implementation in this lua script.

A good server admin does create backups before upgrading. A better server admin set up frequent backups, too. However, with the new HTTP method, I surely could see a central repository of serialized data... however such feature is really not ready to get implemented, yet.

Edit: a crazy idea would be to add an undo feature...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!