a New color please

• I was wondering is we can get Chrome as a new color? It would be nice to be able to make thing like sinks in Chrome.

Thanks

you can choose the index colour for "chrome" which is "a8a9ad" on some materials it doesn't look very chrome ie wood but I haven't tried many of the others so give it a go and see what ones look the best for what you are after.

To do this when selecting your block in the preview window on the right-hand side there is a small circle, click on that and just input that colour code.

• you can choose the index colour for "chrome" which is "a8a9ad" on some materials it doesn't look very chrome ie wood but I haven't tried many of the others so give it a go and see what ones look the best for what you are after.

To do this when selecting your block in the preview window on the right-hand side there is a small circle, click on that and just input that colour code.

ok ty , Ill give that a try

• using chrome color helps (a8a9ad) but also texture resizing down to 0.001 will really make it pop and more reflective to look like chrome (even without the chrome color). Unfortunately players can only go as low as 0.25 via dial menu (EDIT: wrong, players can texturescale down to 0 via dial menu). (holding C), and I believe 0.1 (or 0.01) via console command (edit texturescale 0.01).

Only admins or those with creative permissions can go as low as 0.001 (texturescale)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• using chrome color helps (a8a9ad) but also texture resizing down to 0.001 will really make it pop and more reflective to look like chrome (even without the chrome color). Unfortunately players can only go as low as 0.25 via dial menu (holding C), and I believe 0.1 (or 0.01) via console command (edit texturescale 0.01).

Only admins or those with creative permissions can go as low as 0.001 (texturescale)

Is there any difference between 0 and 0.001? Never tried it, I used only 0.

• Is there any difference between 0 and 0.001? Never tried it, I used only 0.

Actually there is, but using 0 is even better! thanks (there will still be a very slight texture remaining with 0.001, but with 0 its gone).

Didn't realize 0 was an option on the dial menu (C). So players Redeye etc, just select a metal ID, hold block in hand, hold C for dial menu, and select texturescaling 0 -- this will remove all texture from metal object resulting in a chrome like finish with max reflective qualities.

EDIT: I have noticed, you can alter the reflective qualities of an object by using dif. texturescaling in low values. e.g try switching from 0 to 0.001 or o.01 . and all in between. if its low enough it retains it's chrome like quality yet alters the reflective properties. very good stuff to experiment with.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 2 times, last by Juggernaut ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!