Growing Grass

• I must have missed it then because I would have added it in the "on the list" thread. I'd love to know if it's confirmed so I can add it onto the list. It's something that I'm also going to suggest needs to be done to allow grass to grow back and to even allow it to go wild to need trimming.....It should however stay dead with blocks above it.

• I might be wrong. I just kind of remember reading that grass will grow at some point. Maybe it should just grow back where you throw the seeds down for it. This would avoid it growing up through people's floors etc...

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• As it is we spend a lot of time with a rake just getting rid of the grass to make a road , we do not need it to grow back LOL. Our fingers are to the bone as it is :)

This is a very good point. I think that if we remove grass it should only regrow if we explicitly want it to. ie, we place something like "grass seeds" in an area.

• This is a very good point. I think that if we remove grass it should only regrow if we explicitly want it to. ie, we place something like "grass seeds" in an area.

I think if I remember correctly I think someone said something about the devs adding "roads". If this is true it would fix this problem. I do think if you completely remove the grass it wont grow back unless you replant it though.

• I think if I remember correctly I think someone said something about the devs adding "roads". If this is true it would fix this problem. I do think if you completely remove the grass it wont grow back unless you replant it though.

A road construction system is planned. So we will be able to make the roads, and rails. Once there are vehicles of course. I doubt that would fix the issue though.. what about houses and all other constructions? So yeah, we need grass seed! :D

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Yup, a road system is indeed planned from what was noted. Not sure how much is implied, just that we're getting roads, traffic lights, and some sort of vehicle building bit.

I really, really am hoping for grass seeds to be added so we can green the area back up. Looking at Weem's video is making me irritated all so slightly because the dirt blocks won't go back to green, especially in a Minecraft manner with how one dirt block 'infects' the other. I'll be happy with seeds. Making gardens inside the home should also make use of the seed-growings for those indoor gardens. That was a royal pain in Minecraft until you got silk-touch heh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!