Rising World's Asset packs

• It's interesting to note what asset packs Rising World uses, even loosely. No harm, no foul. It's all fine, and the game has to be made somehow so it's all fine. I can see some overly familiar assets seen in these packs used for Rising World.

https://assetstore.unity.com/p…urce=partnerize-linkmaker

I saw Rising World's blueprint in that video, hence why I'm noting this. It surprises me we don't have the motorboat being functional. It would be an interesting asset to use in the game. Maybe if Mod.io is integrated into the game (API also improved) we can tap into more Unity assets in the store. If we refuse to tie into 'Booth' (Pixiv), then might as well loosely tie into what's on Unity Store. Inject the item, have it load up Rising World's game standards, and load them up into the game like that, as VRChat & Tower Unite does; As Vroid does with characters. :nerd:

Maybe I'm wrong, but that blueprint is why I shared the link, and because of how creative Japanese indie devs are. I love noting whatever they have to share, even stumbling across potential Rising World assets. It's not a bad thing, though an asset flip game is. Rising World is thankfully unique enough.

------

As for textures:

https://www.textures.com/download/floorstreets0083/53187

https://www.textures.com/browse/streets/97701

If there are missed ones maybe we can sneak them in.

:thumbup:

• Actually we're not using any assets from that pack :D The game indeed uses some stock models, although we created most models ourselves (or hired a freelancer artist back then). When it comes to coding or any game behaviour, we don't use any assets at all - everything is created from scratch. In fact assets which have any behaviour (like the motor boat you've mentioned) wouldn't work in RW anyway, because RW is built in a server-authoritative way (i.e. a multiplayer game where the server makes all decisions). Basically the typical simplistic "scripting" way in Unity (using so called MonoBehaviours) is bad anyway (that's why Unity decided to move away from it and created DOTS back then, although progress is extremely slow there and it's barely production ready), so RW is created differently (RW doesn't use DOTS, but it's built in a similar way).

About the textures, the Java version indeed used many textures from textures.com ^^ The new version has more complex PBR materials so we mostly used different sources for that^^

• red51 Texturepacks are an interesting theme. Is there a way to use own textures (singleplayer), with pbr, to add or change personal favorites?

In the unity-version there are many textures which I will never use and I would like to replace them.

• Actually we're not using any assets from that pack :D The game indeed uses some stock models, although we created most models ourselves (or hired a freelancer artist back then). When it comes to coding or any game behaviour, we don't use any assets at all - everything is created from scratch. In fact assets which have any behaviour (like the motor boat you've mentioned) wouldn't work in RW anyway, because RW is built in a server-authoritative way (i.e. a multiplayer game where the server makes all decisions). Basically the typical simplistic "scripting" way in Unity (using so called MonoBehaviours) is bad anyway (that's why Unity decided to move away from it and created DOTS back then, although progress is extremely slow there and it's barely production ready), so RW is created differently (RW doesn't use DOTS, but it's built in a similar way).

About the textures, the Java version indeed used many textures from textures.com ^^ The new version has more complex PBR materials so we mostly used different sources for that^^

Not even the blueprint one eh? Surprised. That's the only one I pointed out, and not even that was used? Interesting. Java one does make sense, but the Unity comparison has me slightly stumped, but I'll take the correction.

I'm glad everything you created is from scratch, more pride that way. Motor boat wouldn't work? That's fine. No problem.

I'm glad Rising World is moving forward with fresher assets. For the record, I'm not jabbing at you (as others may imply, or have implied), I just simply saw familiar assets while finding how neat Rising World and Japanese modding/dev community both are. You live and learn. :monocle:

I have one asset I'm curious would work in Rising World, would it be fine if I link it to get your feedback on it, or should I DM you it instead? I would love to see a boat imported (somehow), yet need your feedback on it. :?: I'll share the link once I get your approval (public or DM wise).

• Not even the blueprint one eh? Surprised. That's the only one I pointed out, and not even that was used?

No, actually we don't even have this asset pack (if you take a close look at the blueprint [hard to tell from the images], it looks a bit different) ^^

I have one asset I'm curious would work in Rising World, would it be fine if I link it to get your feedback on it, or should I DM you it instead? I would love to see a boat imported (somehow), yet need your feedback on it. :?: I'll share the link once I get your approval (public or DM wise).

If you want to load it through the Plugin API, feel free to create a new post in the API section, or if it's not related to the API, you may just create a post in the general section (or create a post here or send me a DM) ;)

• No, actually we don't even have this asset pack (if you take a close look at the blueprint [hard to tell from the images], it looks a bit different) ^^

Alright, cool. It's genuinely a non-issue so I'll let it go now.

If you want to load it through the Plugin API, feel free to create a new post in the API section, or if it's not related to the API, you may just create a post in the general section (or create a post here or send me a DM) ;)

Actually I really do want to load the new model (vehicle) into Rising World via Plugin API but it requires everything I'm not currently familiar with. Having it (and the HMCS Haida vessel I shared earlier) is noted as being incompatible for Rising World use (nobody wants to help either; Stupid grudges) so I'll wait for when the next update drops to make threads. I'll do as you suggested (when time allows).

I'll send you a DM then and see what you say there. I'll then make one or two appropriate threads dedicated to them hoping "something" is done, especially for the health and benefit of Rising World.

Thanks. :monocle::thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!