Crafting resources missing?

• I started a new map. After getting ore and place to set up my base. I melting iron so I can start building. Looking through the new items. On general area for resources says 7/12 with 5 ? shown. In the past light bulb and circuit boards. Do I need to find them or crafting items to unlock? Plates that I can make are iron, gold, aluminum. There is no tungsten plates.

• I was wondering the same but as expected it's just you have to find the appropriate ore to unlock the recipes so it's intended and not a bug! Once you find the ores you unlock the recipes that are marked as ? at first

This is not true. Testing with a player right now had all required resources and proper bench yet still see's question marks. 2 other players had same problem but now have no more question marks. they are uncertain how they unlocked them.

There is definitely a problem, very confusing for players (and admins alike :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• This is not true. Testing with a player right now had all required resources and proper bench yet still see's question marks. 2 other players had same problem but now have no more question marks. they are uncertain how they unlocked them.

There is definitely a problem, very confusing for players (and admins alike :)

Interesting...I just had my question marks cleared once I got the items alongside a NEW label for the recipe. Makes me wonder if it's not ulocking for you due to some bugs...I am also playing single player, so might be a server side issue?

• They have to actually craft a new modern workbench for some recipes to unlock. Its not enough to just have one already or pick up and place one back down if its an existing world.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• They have to actually craft a new modern workbench for some recipes to unlock. Its not enough to just have one already or pick up and place one back down if its an existing world.

My player already has a modern workbench, yet still sees question marks. has all required resources for question marked items in inventory. ore, ingot etc .. modern workbench .. still sees 5 question marks.

But perhaps he stole it vs crafting it. I will check and report back. ty Red_Baron

*Update: still had problem. Had player destroy the one he stole. And craft a new modern workbench using his resources. still saw 5 question marks. I then had him relog .. and the question mark issue resolved itself. FYI red51

He also got this:

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 2 times, last by Juggernaut ().

• Unfortunately the unlock requirements aren't updated properly in multiplayer... we'll fix that with the next hotfix! But I guess it's better if we remove the crafting requirements for now until the game provides more information (in fact we get a lot of reports about that) ^^

He also got this:

I tried everything to reproduce it, but had no success unfortunately :thinking: The error indicates that an npc died somewhere and it caused the error when trying to load the corpse...

It looks like the snake caused this issue if it dies too far away from the player (so the original model was never loaded). This will be fixed with the next hotfix :)

• Modern Work bench gave 4 new recipes but final one is still ? 11/12 resources.

That's gunpowder, it requires you to pick up sulfur powder and coal powder first (create them at the grinder) :)

However, we'll disable the crafting requirements with the upcoming hotfix temporarily since they're causing quite some confusion ^^ We'll re-add them later once the game provides more information about that.

• Suggestion....If different work benches unlock stuff or items. Maybe put for the '?' need this work bench or item to unlock. Less confusing and makes way to find items or resources in the game. Item can be list what it does. grinder, fuel, smelting, eating, and so forth.

• Suggestion....If different work benches unlock stuff or items. Maybe put for the '?' need this work bench or item to unlock. Less confusing and makes way to find items or resources in the game. Item can be list what it does. grinder, fuel, smelting, eating, and so forth.

Yeah, we'll definitely add some tooltips for that. But it won't make it into the next hotfixes unfortunately, so it's better if we disable this feature temporarily :saint:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!