rock suggestion

• I know your busy fixing things and you have other stuff, but maybe down the road . I came across this picture and was looking at and it just popped out at me. In this picture I was like i want to be able to build this. But we dont have rocks that can be used this way. You can see the stacking and staggering of them. I would love to be able to walk around and when we pick up those smaller rocks they go into your bag as a rock and not stone. We get stone when we use the drill. I think this would open up a lot more to being able to build things. Then we could also resize the rocks to our liking.

• I know your busy fixing things and you have other stuff, but maybe down the road . I came across this picture and was looking at and it just popped out at me. In this picture I was like i want to be able to build this. But we dont have rocks that can be used this way. You can see the stacking and staggering of them. I would love to be able to walk around and when we pick up those smaller rocks they go into your bag as a rock and not stone. We get stone when we use the drill. I think this would open up a lot more to being able to build things. Then we could also resize the rocks to our liking.

. I think you want to be able to pick up stones to collect and process them and not use the stones on F6.

Terrain blocks should be added at some point. maybe that would be an option for you.

• Both ways are optional which i have used but maybe at some point in the future we could have this as an option shape to have, a bit like how you can build a stone wall/house in Sons of the forest?

yes as long as each rock in that picture was individually placed so you could stagger.

• kind of , that still as the the square block feel to it, But you did do a very nice job job.

the only square blocks are those for the floor. which i used really only to have a "grid" to work on. you could build this on any ground, even natural. or blueprint it without the blocks. or put more effort in the blocks so they are not square.

but that hut is only a demonstration. any change with anything else than a "plant" (rocks count as plants) will cause the hut to collabse.

honestly, i think if you want such a hut you could build your own rocks with the blocks. use several shapes, slide them into each other, tinkle a bit with the surface mode to give it an odd shape and at some point you end up with a nice, uneven, natural looking rock. that you can blueprint and use to build a stable version of that hut. takes a lot more effort of course but if its that what you want, it can be done.

• really? how do do change the shape of a block to one that is not in the list?

easy. take a block in an active hot bar slot.

shift + arrow keys / pgup/dn will change the block dimensions

if you activate ALT GR (the key right of the space bar) the top side of the block will turn red. Then you use the same keys to change the dimensions of the surface, giving the block a very unique shape. leave that mode by pressing again ALT GR.

And last but not least... use the ctrl key to hold the block in place and ctrl + arrow keys / pgup/dn to move around the block and maneuver it into the place you want. it can also be used to slide blocks into each other.

And the general shape of the block you can change by right clicking it in your inventory, change shape and you get a whole variety of given shapes.

have fun!

• the only square blocks are those for the floor. which i used really only to have a "grid" to work on. you could build this on any ground, even natural. or blueprint it without the blocks. or put more effort in the blocks so they are not square.

but that hut is only a demonstration. any change with anything else than a "plant" (rocks count as plants) will cause the hut to collabse.

honestly, i think if you want such a hut you could build your own rocks with the blocks. use several shapes, slide them into each other, tinkle a bit with the surface mode to give it an odd shape and at some point you end up with a nice, uneven, natural looking rock. that you can blueprint and use to build a stable version of that hut. takes a lot more effort of course but if its that what you want, it can be done.

Thanks I'll try playing around with that

• Thanks I'll try playing around with that

you can also add some variety by using different texture-resolutions. I.e. if you use 0 you get a blurry colour, which looks great on a stone-like element if you combine it with others. just play around a bit. it is quite some effort, no doubt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!