Posters

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I have some users that have created an art gallery on my server. They can see the pictures that they have uploaded but others on the server cannot. Is there a reason for this. Would they show up for others after a server reboot?

• @red51 when you do could you make it so we can use clear png files too because that way we cam use the posters for class or even stained glass windows now that would be epic

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Oh wow.....Good thing I checked this because if I did grab this now, and if I did get people, it would have been all 'blank', or similar. Well, also relieved at Red's reply because when I do get a gallery built I would enjoy seeing other people touring it while seeing what I see. Also, I do hope the images get carried over with the building plans. That's been another one of my curious points about posters because I was planning to go all out with them. Also wondering if they're unlimited because I also assumed that they would be unlimited.

• @red51 when you do could you make it so we can use clear png files too because that way we cam use the posters for class or even stained glass windows now that would be epic

Unfortunately it's not that easy :/ Glasses are using a different system. They also need a normalmap to acquire the refraction effect. It's our intention to add stained glass soon, but if you want customized windows, you need to create or use a texturepack.

Oh wow.....Good thing I checked this because if I did grab this now, and if I did get people, it would have been all 'blank', or similar. Well, also relieved at Red's reply because when I do get a gallery built I would enjoy seeing other people touring it while seeing what I see. Also, I do hope the images get carried over with the building plans. That's been another one of my curious points about posters because I was planning to go all out with them. Also wondering if they're unlimited because I also assumed that they would be unlimited.

That's a good point. Basically images will be saved in blueprints, but there may be some limitations: On multiplayer servers, there is usually a limitation about how many images a user can upload. Now if you have saved a building containing 50 images, but the limit is set to 10, you can't transfer all images of course. In singleplayer - on the other hand - it should be no problem.

• i think the size limiting is a better way of keeping the game fast instead of say limiting it to 10 images it should be something like limiting each photo to 40k upto a total of 10meg that way images will upload fast and wont tie down the server within the game, for reflection and png right now you can upload them and they are clear when you put them where you want it only it wont save them where you place them, so in part it works now also could you make the clear glass not so clear its very hard to work with and when used you cant see its there lol

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Interesting. Glad they will be saved which could keep those small 'precious', more personal builds safe for people. I can see why you would want to limit them on servers, yet not so much for singleplayer because others not to worry about.

I'm worried about those 'memorial', 'art gallery', and 'museum' type builds people and myself would want to build. Having one theme to one build, another to another...You'll easily go over that limit when you try adding various kinds of those. I guess it's quality over quantity which I'm also happy with, in a way.

I guess I'd have to agree loosely with 'yahgiggle' limiting it to 10 mbs and below because you're not really going to upload crystal clear HD images. Seeing as how I don't have I can't really say much. I guess it's still a bit 'too soon' to worry, yet not at the same time.

---

Edit: Guess I'm reading too much into the example or misreading it.

• i think the size limiting is a better way of keeping the game fast instead of say limiting it to 10 images it should be something like limiting each photo to 40k upto a total of 10meg that way images will upload fast and wont tie down the server within the game, for reflection and png right now you can upload them and they are clear when you put them where you want it only it wont save them where you place them, so in part it works now also could you make the clear glass not so clear its very hard to work with and when used you cant see its there lol

Images are as well limited to their resolution, not only the max amount per player ;) Or in other words, they will be reduced to a specific resolution (which can be changed by an serveradmin), by default it's 512x512 px. The resolution is btw. the only thing that matters when it comes to performance.

• still i would like to use a max total mb size for users because you can get someone upload 10 1meg files and some upload 10 30k files that are all 512x512 in size, i think by limiting the total mb used and not the number of images they upload, users will be more creative in what images they can use to make the most from the hdd space allocated to them.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Currently it was only a performance wise decision. Concerning the clientside performance, it does not matter if the image is only 10 kb in size or 10 mb.
    But we will probably add a filesize limitation at a later time to give serverowners more control over the traffic ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!