Game crashes after 10% of save loading screen

• When I try to load my save it crashes after 10% on loading screen its not first time I have the same problem with my other save which is on demo world

[C++] Initialize Main.cpp

Windows 10 (10.0.19045) 64bit (Desktop) Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 8 Cores, 2808 MHz

OMEN by HP Laptop (HP) 32725 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6044 MB VRAM, 2023-12-06, 31.0.15.463

Commit: 931dc7d1acad52e734bcd4801cb708c3d34bb990

Branch: master JobID: 15025

Initialize Game...

Getting current power scheme...

HP Recommended

Loaded 262 block infos from db!

Initialized default settings (334 ms)

UPDATE DISABLED DEVICES: []

Initialized input (7 ms)

Initialized assets (232 ms)

Updating material settings...

Load terrain texture arrays (quality: 1 - 1024, 512)...

Load construction texture arrays (1024, 512)...

Material settings updated in 1 ms

Initialized materials (184 ms)

Initialize FMOD...

VehicleAssembly rib: Could not find path for bone 'root'

Vehicle rib bones: [root/engine, root/engine/propeller, root/engine/propeller/propeller_end, root/engine/IK]

Vehicle rowboat bones: [root/base, root/base/pivot, root/base/row_l_knob, root/base/row_l_knob/row_l, root/base/row_l_knob/row_l/IK_l, root/base/row_r_knob, root/base/row_r_knob/row_r, root/base/row_r_knob/row_r/IK_r, root/base/storage_lid]

Warning: Missing localization for object "primitivedoor1c" (en)

Warning: Missing localization for item "saplingbiznaga" (en)

Warning: Missing localization for item "jackolantern1" (en)

Warning: Missing localization for item "jackolantern2" (en)

Warning: Missing localization for item "objectkitsmall" (en)

Warning: Missing localization for item "clothingitem" (en)

Initialized assembly definitions (363 ms)

Removed uninitialized item definitions (0 ms)

Initialized construction definitions (232 ms)

Initialized object definitions (1 ms)

Initialized plant definitions (0 ms)

Initialized vehicle definitions (0 ms)

Warning: Missing localization for clothing "cappy" (en)

Warning: Missing localization for clothing "cappycamo" (en)

Initialized clothing definitions (1 ms)

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: cork

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: cork

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: particleboard

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: burntwood

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: rust

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: stripes

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: stripes

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: wool

[21:43:32] Crafting: Could not find blockID name for: camouflage

Initialized recipe definitions (4 ms)

Initialized music definitions (0 ms)

Initialized font definitions (38 ms)

Initialized definitions (727 ms)

BlockTextureSelector: Found 262 textures

Invalid value for font MissingAssetReference

Invalid value for font MissingAssetReference

Initialized UI layers (783 ms)

Initialized local player (24 ms)

Reset Sky...

Init hm manager... 1889447656 b

Hm header: 19, total: 1889447656, num: 150

Init biome data manager... 41943470 b

Bd header: 14, total: 41943470, num: 4

Initialized managers (84 ms)

Initialized network (0 ms)

Initialized integrated server (5 ms)

Load menu background: 3

VegetationSelector: Loaded 232 plants

Initialized states (43 ms)

[FINALIZE-INITIALIZATION [5.7]]

Game initialized! Total load time: 5.918 seconds

[21:43:33] Enable main menu state

STEAM SET RICH PRESENCE: Status -> Rising World - New Version

STEAM SET RICH PRESENCE: Type -> rw

STEAM SET RICH PRESENCE: TypeInfo ->

STEAM SET RICH PRESENCE: Connect ->

Checked log file (11 ms)

Refresh friend list: 11 ms

Lost focus...

[21:43:36] DEVICE HARDRESET: Keyboard:/Keyboard

[21:43:36] DEVICE HARDRESET: Mouse:/Mouse

• That's happen on Medieval realms some weeks ago. Yahwho have completely solved the problem, maybe he can share the solution. Until then, the only solution is a server reboot, at least it was on MR last time.

• The log unfortunately contains no information about a crash... at the end of the log it seems the game just lost focus (alt-tab?). Apparently this log file isn't from a session which crashed?

Please try loading a world until the game crashes (this is important), then restart the game to the main menu, open the console (with key ~ or `) and type report. Add some additional information like "game crashed when loading a world", and send the report. This automatically attaches the previous log file (which should contain more information about the crash) :)

• The log unfortunately contains no information about a crash... at the end of the log it seems the game just lost focus (alt-tab?). Apparently this log file isn't from a session which crashed?

Please try loading a world until the game crashes (this is important), then restart the game to the main menu, open the console (with key ~ or `) and type report. Add some additional information like "game crashed when loading a world", and send the report. This automatically attaches the previous log file (which should contain more information about the crash) :)

Just did that I hope there is a solution to fix this

• Thanks for the report! :) It's a native crash (that's why it doesn't bring up an error dialog, for example)... native crashes are often (but not always) caused by something outside the game (usually the graphics driver, or another program which interfers with the game [like an anti virus program]).

But of course it could also be caused by a bug in the game (there are some situations where the game works with native memory and pointers directly - this is prone to crash if something goes wrong).

Native crashes could also be caused by the Plugin API, but that's only relevant if you actually use any plugins (in this case, the crash doesn't seem to be related to this).

Does the crash also occur for all other worlds? What if you create a new world, does it load fine, or does it also crash?

• New world loads and works the only other world that crashes is a Demo world

Hmm... since when do you run into this crash? Is this the first time you try to load the world after the biomes update (from Februray), or did you already manage to load it successfully after the update?

If it only happens with this particular world, it's most likely either a bug in the game (probably related to the Demo world), or an issue with the world files... is there maybe a chance you could send me your world? Then I could try to reproduce the issue on my end ;)

If you could send me the world, make sure to include all files from the "New World" world folder.

• I created that world just about 2 weeks ago because demo world stopped working and it was working fine until yesterday

I can send it to you maybe you can figure it out

Where can send it to ?

It's possible your laptop gpu is struggling to load it because of the build size. A dedicated 1060 can still run the game fine (I had that gpu until I built my new pc in January), but the 1060 m might be struggling with it and causing the crash.

If you have access to another pc (preferably a desktop) try copying the world over to that pc and seeing if it loads fine. If you don't have access to another pc then you can always pack the world file and I'm sure someone would be willing to try to load it for you to see if they have the same issue or not.

• It's possible your laptop gpu is struggling to load it because of the build size. A dedicated 1060 can still run the game fine (I had that gpu until I built my new pc in January), but the 1060 m might be struggling with it and causing the crash.

If you have access to another pc (preferably a desktop) try copying the world over to that pc and seeing if it loads fine. If you don't have access to another pc then you can always pack the world file and I'm sure someone would be willing to try to load it for you to see if they have the same issue or not.

I did that but it still crashes have no idea what could cause that

• Where can send it to ?

If you could upload it somewhere (dropbox, google drive etc, usually these services always have a free version), you could send me the link either via PM, or alternatively send it via mail to support@jiw-games.net

If the world isn't too large (you could zip it to reduce the size), i.e. not bigger than maybe 20 or 30 MB, you could also try to send the file via mail to us ;)

• If you could upload it somewhere (dropbox, google drive etc, usually these services always have a free version), you could send me the link either via PM, or alternatively send it via mail to support@jiw-games.net

If the world isn't too large (you could zip it to reduce the size), i.e. not bigger than maybe 20 or 30 MB, you could also try to send the file via mail to us ;)

I have send the world file to your PM and just in case also to mail

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!