Electricity Suggestions

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • Suggestion 1: A cool idea would be to have a way to connect to your world(server or Singlplayer) via smartphone and be able to operate lights and even future machinery. This will require a mobile app of course!

Suggestion 2: There is this Minecraft mod called Buildcraft that adds quarrys that will mine for you. Item transport pipes would be really useful with this feature as well!

Of course with electricity comes power generators. Red51 could make a challenge by adding machines that require a higher power consumption than what a typical generator can output, and would require a higher-tier power source, which leads to my next suggestion:

Suggestion 3: Besides typical generators, adding engines that run off coal power and with the requirement of water cooling! Which would certainly give future water pumps a good use! (Perhaps start off with no water cooling for engines, then add pumps in a later update?)

Electric engines will be more efficient than a typical generator, by using less fuel and outputting greater power! Stirling Engines will run of coal and will output twice as much power as an electric engine.

The third type will be solar panels which would put out as much power as a electric engine(perhaps)!

The power source tiers would be as such:

T1 Generator

T2 Electric Engine

T3 Stirling Engine

T4 Solar Panel

Combustion engines would be much later cause oil refining will have to be a thing to make gasoline!

Suggestion 4: Adding features such as wire-management! In the build menu, there would be insulated wires that you can color that can be connected with a new tool, called the power tool(or power connector) These wires will have dynamic connection points(with reach limit) that can be placed by the player. The player will physically place and shape wires down, then use the point connector to shape the energy flow with the shape of the wires!

• Suggestion 1: A cool idea would be to have a way to connect to your world(server or Singlplayer) via smartphone and be able to operate lights and even future machinery. This will require a mobile app of course!

This idea could be done right now with the API but its kind of a one way communication, like the RW server/game could read a command from a website and do something, such as turn on lights if lights = true, but the app would not know if it really was successful at turning the lights on or not, even if the app/website said the lights are on, the problem is ATM there is no way to send data from the game server back to a webserver

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ah. Well, then perhaps if Red51 decides to add it in, I am sure he could 🙂 Also, I am sure he may consider making a mobile app for admins to manage a server(like edit commands, permissions, talk to players, etc.) while a way from the computer.

• Having to do physical wiring for electrical would be a huge hit to performance, especially on servers. Being able to set up signals to control lights , machinery, etc. and then having the typical area of effect for power generation machinery is still the best option.

That said and something I haven't seen other games do is allow you to select with power generator within an area is used for each machinery, etc. For example, say you have solar, hydro, and fuel burning power generators all within the same radius. Being able to select using the solar for just the lights of a building, hydro / windmill / watermill for smaller machinery, and fuel burning for high output machinery is something you can't really do in games and would be a great way to add more complexity to power without causing a huge hit to game performance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!