How to tell depth?

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I am confused in how deep I been mining. So far no natural tunnels or anything. Outside is level 418. When I am underground that number is all over the place. When I step in the tunnel I have dug, the level goes up to 527. Near the end of my tunnel is level 490, depth 191. When I climb up and go up in the tunnel. Level goes up but depth jumps to 218. Trying to find ores and any underground forts like in the java version. Plus like to see what spiders and lava wolves look like. Look like a gentle slope to going down in my tunnel in parts.

• I'm not sure where you read the values. But if you display the information with F3 you can read your height from the Y value.

And as long as this value is in the positive range you are not very low. I think hell only starts at -500!?

Dungeons are not implemented yet. If you are playing a single player game just fly into the earth, just to see it. ;)

• I am confused in how deep I been mining. So far no natural tunnels or anything. Outside is level 418. When I am underground that number is all over the place. When I step in the tunnel I have dug, the level goes up to 527. Near the end of my tunnel is level 490, depth 191. When I climb up and go up in the tunnel. Level goes up but depth jumps to 218. Trying to find ores and any underground forts like in the java version. Plus like to see what spiders and lava wolves look like. Look like a gentle slope to going down in my tunnel in parts.

Be sure you have plenty of torches on you..... I went into the caves earlier and it got dark and I got trapped in there... it was brutal lol

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• if its of interest i could make a plugin for this sometime. something like if a player has a compass in an equipment slot it will add a small ui to the screen giving longitude latitude and depth? maybe ground slope angle if i can figure it out!

• Compass does not tell you depth. F3 has location lines plus direction. My problem is trying to tell the depth. The third paragraph have states with surface level and depth but very confusing. I redid my tunnel so it is more deeper than before but I think surface items (meaning hills/mountains) is throwing the depth off. I got to a point were the surface level is 516 but my depth is 511. New cave found coal besides the other two. I know the deeper you go, better to find gold, tungsten, and sulfur. Then can get mining drill and and ammo for the gun. Flying might be easy to go to hell but does not help finding ores.

If You open the Console and type "coordinates" (without the quotes) Your current coordinates will be displayed, if i remember correctly the second number is Your depth with 0 being "Sea level".

• I think you confuse yourself a bit.

Hit F3 3 times. Now you don't have all the unnecessary Parameters and only the x, y and z coordinates.

Easy to figure out which one is the height level you are on.

Surface height plays no role here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!