object sounds.

• I think it would be really nice to have firewood crackling sounds for the 'fireplace' and grills. It seems a little bit odd to have a silent fire in my fireplace. haaa!
    I also think that dirt should have more of a 'thud' sound, instead of sounding like stone. It could also have more of a rumbling sound when it 'breaks'. It would add variation to the experience i think. I love mining in this game, and with this small change, i would love it all the more.
    When the character custom stuff arrives, i think it would be really interesting to have the ability to record sounds to replace the original swinging and 'hurt' sounds. it could be from a headset or something.
    I was thinking that if you wanted to create some kind of gruff viking or something, then you could record some really deep growls for swinging and grunts for 'hurt' sounds.

• Those things are planned :) There is still a lot of work to do when it comes to sounds, we will also move to another soundengine which will provide a basis for all extended sound stuff.
    Replacing sounds clientside (for example by using a system similar to texturepacks) won't be a problem btw ;)

• Thanks for the suggestions! :)

A lot of the sounds in the game right now are placeholders. As red said we'll move over to a new sound engine which will enable us to do much more with the atmosphere and we'll also implement new sounds, as well as replace some.

I'm sure you'll like it!

• I am hoping different woods will have different burning sounds. Pitchy woods cause more sparks etc... along with wet woods. Different amounts of smoke based on what you are burning would also be awesome!! :D

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• That sounds really immersive ZaCormyr! You've definately got my vote for that. haa! you could even use the smokey wood types to send signals to fellow team members in multiplayer. haa!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!