Biome Suggestion

• I think that rising world should have a slight fantasy feel, and i think that it would be really interesting to have some kind of strange forest deep underground. There could even be a few types.

1- Coral-like trees which give off an eerie glow, and can be harvested for strange flowers. This could be fairly deep underground, but common enough that most miners will come across this at some point in their travels. I imagine this biome as having a really peaceful feel to it. the trees would groan lazily as they swayed, and the glow from the trees would make it feel like being underwater.

2- Giant Slimy toadstools and moss-like coverings on the stone. The slime can be used in potions and perhaps to create waterproof coverings for clothing. The moss could be an ingredient in cooking perhaps among other uses. This biome could be a lot rarer that '1'.

3- Deeper still, and to indicate that the hell biome is quite close by, this biome could have a variety of poisonous-looking plants and trees. It could even have pools of black water, which can be used as a flammable coating for torches. This biome could be a little unstable, and rock 'teeth' from the cavern ceiling could rumble and come loose to add an element of danger. Hell would be quite a lot further than this biome, but the environment could begin to change more and more like it, until you arrive and go,"holy crap!"

I think that biomes like these would break up the visuals of the underground layers, and cause players to really want to get down there. haa!

• More fantasy would be awesome, if it swayed away from the over-done fantasy bits. Red, or even modders, would need to get overly crafty and imaginative.

1) Coral-like trees: This actually sounds awesome that it reminds me of those indoor caves found in Skyrim; Shadowgreen Cavern & Eldergleam Sanctuary. I would welcome such a funky and alien-esque biome in this lovely word on the over-world side of things. Both over-and within the landscape. I also agree that they should be given the best, richest, and brightest of textures to make them appear glorious. They should be the gems of the world.

2) Giant Slimy Toadstools & Moss-like coverings on Stone: Sure, why not. This I can accept. Would be neat to see something funky and exotic. Seeing your pictures, and the ones in Skyrim, would make this feel perfect. Even that underwater aquatic game with underwater mushrooms behaving like kelp-trees and such. Giving it a nice unique spin to keep one interested would be sweet. Imagine having such to call your home, if you can fight the spores and such they let off.

3) Sub Hell Biome: Eh, not so much. I'd rather see weaker versions of hell mobs spawning just slightly above the hell because Terraria killed any fun this idea had. Granted, Red and his buddies could do better. Same with modders. Would have to make it quite touristy & rewarding in some manner. I guess seeing zombie dogs, entities that spit odd resources out, and such could work.

-----------

I do love your ideas and would love to spawn more. Lots of nice inspiration to be found in Minecraft's FTB modpacks adding in terrains that can be used as inspiration. Mystcraft being one such thing, just more crafty.

• Thanks Arctcukitsu! You're most kind. you've got some awesome ideas yourself. Haa!
    Y'know i never thought of actually living down there! haa! what a grand idea. I'd have to live in the coral/ undewatery-type/ peaceful/ glorious area though. haa!

• I've noticed that this has been touched on before. It's a nice idea if done properly imo, and i'm sure it would be. I'd want to have some really luxurious blocks to create a fortress up there though. Call it the Heavenly Sanctuary or something. hee hee!

• I like the OP. It doesn't even need to be fantasy, just Rising World original. I would love more unique biomes underground. I mean yeah it would have a fantasy feel but only because it would be something not found on earth. It could still have a realistic look so it fits with the RW world. Make sense?

Heaven biome? Well no, not something religious (I've even suggested Hell should not be called Hell..). But I like the idea of some biome being up high somehow. So I thought of a biome being high cliffs which cannot be climbed and on top is a plateau. While on the plateau, if you looked off the edge all you see is cloud. This biome would be another RW unique one with flora and animals which cannot be found on earth. To get up there you must find caves which lead up or just tunnel your way up there yourself.

Issue with this is the game's world height, not sure if it could be increased enough to support this idea.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• - "Heaven" Ponderings.....

For anything above the height cap, would it be possible to have giant flying entities, spirit-like entities (think energy, yet physical), and such to float about? Could populate it with actual physical clouds in a more semi-alien manner by also being able to enter floating entities up there. Not hard-materials structures. More like biological & semi-spiritual that you can simply 'float' with, interact and such. Basically think of clouds & auroras, just in more life-like manner while also being able to interact with such.

If we're ever given airships then we should be able to meet these entities & their world halfway, same with them. We should be able to gradually 'contract' with them by flying freely into their world by earning a mount from them, gradually merging in with their reality that barely lives above this version of "Earth" and the lowest levels of "space" touching this planet. If it helps, imagine how the fog in Minecraft's perspective changes your view of the underground; gradually fading from the object physical into the aurora energy physical world. Something similar to that. We should gradually merge in with their reality by semi-popping into their world. Imagine flying around on their form of energetic birds to then tour their world. Food & survival? Anything illness & heat wise, they have you covered. They should try their best to keep you unaffected by their world while leaving hunger untouched. Make sure to bring your own food & snacks.

As for entering these semi-solid energy entities? Living Auroras? Just as it sounds. Everything would be shiny, yet still physical to the player's perspective. The 'structure entities' (that move) should be half-tinted by still allowing you to see outside, just not so much due to behaving somewhat like coral by banding together. Should still see auroras through them, somewhat like slime in Minecraft, or even ice blocks from the same game. I'm going to assume this should be more of an add-on, or a Mod....it however is unique enough to work on its own for vanilla that would be fun to see how Red, Ozzy, & ZaCorm view this from their perspective. I'm even hoping it makes sense.

(These ideas coming in from a mixture of Minecraft's Eather mod (spelling) and Dog Days S2 anime with the giant whale. The idea above also aiming for non-hallucinations. Should have a world up in the sky to encourage building towards the clouds.)

• Hi there Arcticukitsu. I love your ideas (or ponderings. love that too). I understand what you are saying, and i think it sounds like something which should definately be added into the game. It would be nice if there were no hostiles up there, just floating auras who, like you suggested Friend, allow you to interact with them at certain times. I think that it would be interesting if heaven, the surface world and hell were affected by each other's materials. For example if you took a chunk of heavenly ore down to hell, then the enemies could behave 25% more aggressively because they don't want it there.
    The same could apply in the opposite way. Taking hellstone up to heaven could corrupt the Peaceful auras, and they could change colour or something, and begin attacking you. That way players can choose to keep things as they are, or disrupt things for a challenge. I don't know if this would be immersive....or just plain annoying. Haaa!
    Love your ideas though Arcticukitsu. Keep 'em comin' haa!

• Now that be excellent! And I guess just for reference my idea would be something below 'heaven' with it being more of a hidden realm type thing. A hidden realm that you can picture as being a bubble that you fade into and out of, like fog with everything being exaggerated brightness and colourul in that aurora style.

Am pleased you find it awesome. The feeling is mutual to the idea of bringing ores & items from 'Nether', 'Overworld', 'Aurora world', and 'Heaven' could provoke the other world's entities.

I'd say that Red should do this because it would also 1-up Minecraft in more ways than one. It sounds awesome, in theory, or Singleplayers and those that behave well on survival mutliplayer. It would also be a fun feature that would make you think twice of hoarding the goodies out in the open. In chests should be fine. Should be a bonus, or a boost in the effect when the entities actually spot you placing it with the max range being the render distance, and if they have a clear sight on you. If Red wants to add AI patterns then you can have sneaky AI setting up traps in more hostile manners. I guess people could also use this for trolling purposes so server admins should beware, even disabling this.

• I've been thinking about how Red is considering adding a 'Realistic Fantasy' Biome with me coming up with some nice thoughts for it. Been trying to consider what 'fantasy' stuff could be added that doesn't go back to the rehashed dragons & dwarves stuff.....That needs to be ignored. I highly recommend that the 'fantasy biome(s)' should

----------

[- Fantasy Biome Brainstorming -]

- Size & Rarity: Biome should be quite large to make it more worthwhile for its rarity level in the world. Its rarity should be compared to the Mesa biome in Minecraft (fairly rare) with its size also being something making it fairly grand. It should be one major biome while having a few sub-biomes surrounding it. This should help make them rare, even making those other people happy. Large in scale, yet moderately rare.

---

- Scenery: It should contain plant life that assists and harms players at the same time in the same area. Things like flying/floating plants, harmful reacting plants that spit sap at you, or even ones that move (both physically or just a branch) depending on the weather. Some being forested, some being sky-oriented, among other things in the type of the biome within a biome. Take advantage of the sky, land, and the underground by making each and everything unique. Having liquids being solids, gas being liquids, and such should prove to be fairly interesting.

- Sub-Biome - Sky Biome: Being fantasy you can add fantasy scenic stuff in the sky. Sky is something rarely touch so having energy treated as solid would be a way to go about it. By being 'realistic' you can have plants offering 'vehicles' (Seeds & leafs) to float up into the sky by riding the energy within the biome. These seeds & leafs having evolved to react to these energy to populate the environment by. The lower land biome also evolved to loosely linking to the sky biome & back by producing energy to sparkle in every odd direction at random (in coding). To go up you'll have to path-find your way up by 'riding with the wind', even treating 'gas' as a solid, or even a liquid. Wrapping plants and scenery around yourself you should be able to wander around the biome in fancy manners, such as once again treating energy as a tram-line in the sky, or similar.

I highly recommend no real-world solids, only energy going opaque and bright; unique plant-life to take advantage, similar to that mushroom biome in Skyrim in vibe. There should be no ancient or real-world human structures, only overly alien-easque types as that ruins the immersion. Think Subnautica, if it helps, or how unique the fantasy biome needs to be in this point & time.

- Sub-biome - Gassy Ocean: An ocean that feels like steam and appears like liquid running fog (imagine how you can feel the hot air from a tea kettle & oven) allowing you to both fly & swim at will without drowning. You'll be able to see what should be swimming as flying, or hovering, while being overly peaceful, helpful, curious, and even overly hostile. Colours tend to change per day, season, and even the moon's position in the sky.

---

- Biome - Animals & plants:
    (This being suggestions of creature types.)

• 1) Helper Creatures: Floating entities that reads the player's aura to see if they're hungry or thirsty to aid them on a whim. They'll scan the player (sensing it's aura in lore) by grabbing nearby food & liquids in it's own environment. You can't tame it, nor should you nudge it out of the biome for it'll die from what keeps it alive [Recommend the coding to kill it when out of biome; Fish out of water.]
    • 2) Sap Spitting Trees: Trees and plant life should spit at you to deal damage. Certain armour should become ineffective, even useless when spat on by these plants. You should find yourself armor from this biome to deal with the hostile plant-life. The stuff spat at you should be considered to the sap you find on Oak, or similar trees. Just as stinky, irritating, and lethal. [Small plants, weeds, and giant plant-life should spit. Should be fairly common, just not as common as normal trees.]
    • 3) Energy 'Birds': Think of birds & flying entities in our world flying around in a physical energy. Not shocking at touch, just something that exists as physical energy similar to how you can form familiars form magic spells, just naturally thanks to its charged environment. You know how see-through controllers exist? Anybody remember the N64 see-through controllers? Now imagine those, just gassy & liquidy at the same time, yet physical. A living gas. A spirit...yet not. If it helps with your imagination then think of a light-blue, yet still white flying glass bird that behave more of a liquid or solid.
    • 4) 'Rotator Seed': A certain tree would spawn human-sized dandelion seeds with visible growth. During the 'right time' they would eventually let loose and ride the sparkly current aiming upwards towards the sky biome and back down. If the player is aware, they could trap a seed and command it like a sail heading upward and downward nearly at will. They're still however at the mercy of the energy particles radiating from the grown & sky plant-life. [Strong thoughts on dandelion seeds here while having that alien appearance.]
    • 5) Hybrid Tree: Purple giant fuzzy tree with branches arching over like an arch. The leaves having odd shapes with fuzzy edges with them glowing light blue at night while being light purple during the day. The fuzzy leaves, if touched at night, would cause the trees to rattle, even stirring up a eerie humming noise to attract glowing hovering gassy entities to sing along with the hum. When provoked, it's best to allow nature to take its course by waiting till day. If forced, one must place a light source at the base of the tree. If highly educated of the environment, one could even place special biome-specific flowers to calm the tree down from the plant's scent. (This tree based on a tree with branches like whips and can be found in Europe; One in my area. Can't figure out their name. They have fuzzy round stuff on them.)
    • & etc, etc. These types of fantasy would be more appealing than having skeletons, elves, and such........

-----

(Side-note: The fantasy I seek, and am sure others would approve is, seeming to be more mod-oriented because I'm sick of what is now considered the 'back-bone' and 'copyright safe' in the gaming industry. If we're going to have fantasy then I want to nudge it more into a more 'realistic', more 'unique', and more worthy environment to immerse ourselves in. I hope Red makes his fantasy world something that we haven't seen more, and something that may be more on a 'serious anime/NA fantasy' line and less your typical 'copy-paste' North American & European side of things. The above just being stuff I would expect when a 'fantasy biome' would be created.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!