Shape of the RW

• Just wondering... is RW world flat like in MC, or round? Like, if you would have a plane to fly in one direction, you would come to a starting point in some time?...

• Ya, flat like Minecraft. You would keep going 'forever', just as long as your harddrive space would allow you to keep exploring.

Been thoughts of rounding the world for those that wanted a more 'wordly' experience by merging it in the ocean. Even having poles on either end to gradually become warmer, and similar. Just a thought.

• I'm not sure how the 'infinite world' idea will work. won't the cpu just run out of memory eventually if you keep exploring? or is it a single memory drain when the world is generated? i just don't...get it. haaa!

• From what I'm seeing in Rising World it works exactly like Minecraft by loading & unloading chunks in the area. In the settings you can tell it how many you want it to load so it'll load that much around you while unloading the chunks the further away you go. Each entity you give player priority to (to load chunks) shall stay loaded until you start gaining lag issues with the more people that connect. Whoever is hosting damn well better have the best computer around to make sure it all runs smoothly.

• So in single player? Your house gets unloaded if you lose sight of it? That's just weird. I probably sound like a right numpty, but it's just a little much to get my head around. So the chunks which go out of sight are unloaded, and as chunks come into sight they're loaded. right?

• So in single player? Your house gets unloaded if you lose sight of it? That's just weird. I probably sound like a right numpty, but it's just a little much to get my head around. So the chunks which go out of sight are unloaded, and as chunks come into sight they're loaded. right?

The entire world is saved on the fly, you wont lose anything you build.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!