• Ore seems to only be found in the pre-made caves not randomly popping up while digging. I dug in an area without hitting any pre-made caverns and found nothing but stone. Not just a small hole, I dug a huge crater and nothing. So like everyone else, I sought out caves. They were all picked over. I had to go out extremely far (15-20 min. run) to find a fresh cave, loaded up headed back and fell thru world and died, lost it all. But if ore patches would just randomly pop up in the ground while digging, wouldn't that be more realistic? Aluminum is still too rare, imo.

• I agree with you that it would become boring quickly. The ore generation right now is a test that Red is playing around with to gauge ore popularity & etc. I also want to be able to dig around in pure stone to occasionally find the various sorts of ores with it also becoming boring when nothing there. The spawning rate should normalize with each coming update, or so I'd assume.

• I've noticed something strange, I dug a 5km tunnel and about 2 weeks later I went down to put up lights and I noticed that some small ore deposits had spawned, I don't know if that's a fluke or something that was planed. Also down around hell I've seen many types of ore, Some caverns down there are also spawning ores that weren't there before. I found a massive iron deposit that filled 2 chests.

• Wow! That sound really lucky Friend! Nice one! Use it well! I'm not sure if they are meant to spawn like this myself. I don't believe so, but Red will know of course. haa!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!