World edit Script

• On the world edit script is there only a clear objects not remove? Or I could be missing something, I select the area re-size it so it goes to the depth I want tell it to /we clear all, or asb, nothing happens. I can remove the grass, I can fill in but I cannot seem to be able to remove. Any thoughts?

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• On the world edit script is there only a clear objects not remove? Or I could be missing something, I select the area re-size it so it goes to the depth I want tell it to /we clear all, or asb, nothing happens. I can remove the grass, I can fill in but I cannot seem to be able to remove. Any thoughts?

if you can remove grass then it must be working but maybe your you need a bigger selected area oO also if you are running protection script it has some world edit tools also yay so all you need to do it type /selectarea make a box around your buildings and then /createarea temp then inside temp area type /cleanuparea this is too long and why no one does it but only removes building stuff and plants witch is good if you don't want to dig a big hole

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • you should use /we clear abs. /we fill air is much buggier, when I used to use it I would always crash the server. /we clear abs doesn't cause as much trouble

• Okay so I played around with this a bit pretty cool all in all. My question is how do you do large areas? I have seen worlds cleaned up with lots of edits and thought either A "that person has a lot of time in to that"

B more likely that person knows something I don't. So which is it people?

• Okay so I played around with this a bit pretty cool all in all. My question is how do you do large areas? I have seen worlds cleaned up with lots of edits and thought either A "that person has a lot of time in to that"

B more likely that person knows something I don't. So which is it people?

yeah it takes hours the city area on my server took 3 weeks even with world edit oO

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • you should use /we clear abs. /we fill air is much buggier, when I used to use it I would always crash the server. /we clear abs doesn't cause as much trouble

I'm using fill air to remove shadow effects on placed blocks esp.

@icon58
    Dont use fill air for a very big areas, (if you're not able to restart the server :D ),better separate into smaller parts.
    And you need long time for terraforming, if you want to receive a realistic look, to adjust different heights in several steps, very long-lasting. :)
    To arrange vegetation you can use plantscipt by yagiggle.

• Just a point to note, "/we clear abs" is pretty much the same as "/we clear all" then "/we fill air". You can see it here, where "fillTerrain(e, 0);" is called if the "clearAll" argument is true (see the command implementation).

Also, for big areas, the games puts a limit of 127x127 blocks. So, regardless on the selected area, only 127x127 (I don't remember how many block high, but I think it's 64...) blocks will be cleared from the starting x,y,z coordinate of your selection. This limit is to avoid 1) accidental clear, like it happened on one server, because 2) clearing very large area could potentially crash the server and corrupt the world.

• Yes I have notice the limits. I thought they were in the LUA, but could not find it in the code. I was hoping if I did it locally it would do more,but no... Then I got thinking for my Server I probably will have to go with flat world to get what I want. I envision a Medieval world with villages ad such. Having to clear huge areas to do that will that a bit more time than what I have. I decide to wait until the next update to see where RED is going and plan accordingly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!