Plagiarism playiarism with Blue Prints

• Should a player be allowed to copy others buildings? 22

1. Yes (11) 50%
    2. No (11) 50%

Hello All,

I have gotten into a pretty heated debate about copying and using other peoples buildings. While I can understand a person puts a lot of work into the buildings IF the Devs did not want us to copy other people,s bases they should put in safe guards. Let the replies fly :P:P

PS imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

Edited 2 times, last by icon58 ().

• just making a copy of something without asking the owner is against the law, in games people feel the law does not count but they are wrong if found that someone copied your work digital or not you can in fact have them for copyright infringement

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ahhhh first off to violate copy write it has have copy write protection.

The copyright holder is typically the work's creator, or a publisher or other business to whom copyright has been assigned. Copyright holders routinely invoke legal and technological measures to prevent and penalize copyright infringement.

Copyright law does not grant authors and publishers absolute control over the use of their work. Only certain types of works and certain kinds of uses are protected;[52] only unauthorized uses of protected works can be said to be infringing.

Or everyone that sends in screen shots practice copy-write infringement. Plus a copy write material only has a certain period of time to last. If a person gives credit to the person of "copied" works they are not in violation. Other wise students every where would never get any work done. It is called citation people

Last but not least lets remember people IT IS A GAME!!!!

• no you are Wrong look at it this way does a painting have this copyright protection ? in a way it does it's called the copyright law and that law protects anything anyone makes, you treat games as if they have no law but sorry they have the same laws as everything else
    with something like a book when it gets uploaded to the web because its now not a hard copy does the copyright law now exclude it no it does not does it ? you say as long as you put there name on it that's ok, but you are wrong and right but what your not getting is thats if you use a small part of the whole thing you can do this as long as you put there name on it in a book this maybe one line, but you are not aloud to copy the whole thing then put there name on it and say look its ok now because i put there name on it lol that's just dumb and wont hold up in court

also i must point out people may think by making copy's of other peoples buildings is fine but that's not respecting the people that don't think its fine its like saying stuff you i think its ok because its a game so i will copy what ever i like, This attitude is of pore taste and has no respect for other players

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 3 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• So when people quotes things in forums? Btw tbe blue print is a picture not the works,you can take a picture of a picture. Also in USA it has to be copy writen protection, meaning filed in court,most time for a period of seven years . Then a person can entend it. Be a pretty silly world if no one could say anything because someone else has already said it..

• PS yahgiggle you seem to be against this the most, my question to you is did you ask cryrus permission before you hunged her off a wrecking ball. Also i do not think you are following Reds vision for the BP...

• PS yahgiggle you seem to be against this the most, my question to you is did you ask cryrus permission before you hunged her off a wrecking ball. Also i do not think you are following Reds vision for the BP...

your mistaken something rydog did for something i did, witch i did not do oO and no im not more against it than some of the other players also to me this is more about respecting the others in the game, but with that comment you just made it seems you have no respect for other players??

Work before before March 1, 1989 needed writen protection after that the law changed to now make all work protected this type of work would full under pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works and thats protected
    you need to do some research as soon as you make something you own the right to it and it is copyright protected under the new copyright laws goto this site and read up http://www.copyrightkids.org/copyrightbasics.html

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 3 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• @ Yahgiggle funny that's the second time you made a comment about me respecting other players. Not to start a flaming war but do you want to tell the forum why I put up this poll in the first place?

• Just my two cents here. Yahgiggle is one of the most kind, generous and caring people I have yet to meet on this game. I was soooooooooooooo lost when I first started. I went onto his server and he took me under his wings and taught me so much. No I am not building on his server as my goal was a completely different theme. Never the less he showed me and still shows me how to do things when I get super frustrated. So to slander him in my book is a gross injustice.

• Oh he still helps me with stuff when I post on the forum. It is just not using one of the tool the game DEV gives us strike me as ludicrous... Not sure where the slander remark came from, far as I can see I made no slanderous remarks just facts... As always everyone has there opinions and thought on matters that's what the forum is for exchange of ideas thought etc.

• I voted "No"
    (short)
    To clarify why is that i think it should be an option for the one who built the structure. allow/disallow.

(long)

• The problem i see with this toll is there will always be more people who want to copy other peoples work that's just part of life!! but that's not respecting the users who built the building or what ever it is been copied, and don't want it copied for the dev,s providing a copy tool then to say thats why they made it not true at all, that would be like saying they provide blank dvds and software to copy moves so that means its ok to copy movies i don't own thats just ludicrous the tool is provided to copy your own work or other work if the user who makes that other work gives you permission to do so, end of story.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 2 times, last by yahgiggle ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!