New Card now game crashes

• Hello,

I brought a new video card GTX 970 STRIX one of the hottest cards going. ( for my budget) SO I installed it clean install of the latest drivers loaded up the game set everything on high... Game plays smooth...... Next day I am playing flying starts stuttering, then java exception. Ok restart game do okay. then TOTAL fatal exception.. Sigghhhh BTW I am the guy that can break anything and everything I was going to tell Red I wold be a beta tester but I am afraid I would muck up the game all thru... :/. See attachment for error log. please advise.

Files

• error log.txt

(6.49 kB, downloaded 215 times, last: )

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• You're essentially running out of memory to run the process smoothly!! anyway its overhead limit exceeded try going to steam right click on risingworld click properties then click set launch options and add this line +memory 4096 4096 then click ok and restart game

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 2 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• The GTX 970 is definitely a great choice, but as @yahgiggle said, it's a memory issue in this case. Did you eventually increase the view distance (I see it's set to maximum) due to the new graphics card? This could be the reason why it crashes now. The "+memory 4096 4096" should solve the issue, at least as long as you're having enough RAM in your machine (there should be at least 10-12 gb [system ram, not vram] to use this parameter). Otherwise try "+memory 3072 3072" if you have ~8 gb. If you have less than 8 gb, I'm afraid you have to reduce your view distance, especially the detail distance.
    But the good news, the next update will decrease memory usage, that should solve this kind of issue ^^

• i think when you have more video ram and better card you now also need more system memory for the higher settings your now using so 4gig video = need more ram for java this is where +memory 4096 4096 helps but like red says you need to have 10 -12 gig system ram but knowing you know how to build systems and you have that awesome card i would think you had 16 - 32gig anyway

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ok so I have been playing with the increased memory and it is getting worse.. I get maybe 15 mins of play before the game starts to slow down gets pixelated.. Then I have to restart the game. Any thoughts? No error log either so it is not like it is crashing. I will check FPS next time it starts doing it.

• Ok so I have been playing with the increased memory and it is getting worse.. I get maybe 15 mins of play before the game starts to slow down gets pixelated.. Then I have to restart the game. Any thoughts? No error log either so it is not like it is crashing. I will check FPS next time it starts doing it.

What do you mean exactly with "gets pixelated"? 8| Even a high memory consumption should have no influence on the visuals. Can you eventually provide a screenshot of this effect?

• 15 mins of play before the game starts to slow down gets pixelated.. Then I have to restart the game.

I think you mean you get a serious drop in frame rate.

It also seems like Yagiggle is on to something interesting

i think when you have more video ram and better card you now also need more system memory for the higher settings your now using so 4gig video = need more ram for java----- i would think you had 16 - 32gig anyway

A 1GB video card is fine with 8GB RAM
    2GB video card -> 16GB RAM
    4GB video card -> 32GB RAM

Like the system kind of needs RAM space to keep up with whats the video card is pushing out of its storage ? just a little theory i'm pulling out of this. I dont have actual educated knowledge of this yet.

---

Anyway Icon we all have to relog after a while of playing. especially when traveling long distances or teleporting multiple times. whether it's a 980 GTX or a 660 GTX perhaps the game needs to have some code to dump memory as fast as it's allocating new memory so we dont have to end the game to flush it manually.

• Hello,

I brought a new video card GTX 970 STRIX one of the hottest cards going. ( for my budget) SO I installed it clean install of the latest drivers loaded up the game set everything on high... Game plays smooth...... Next day I am playing flying starts stuttering, then java exception. Ok restart game do okay. then TOTAL fatal exception.. Sigghhhh BTW I am the guy that can break anything and everything I was going to tell Red I wold be a beta tester but I am afraid I would muck up the game all thru... :/. See attachment for error log. please advise.

Turn down the draw distance and turn off the triplaner LOD mapping in settings. You only have 1gb of video ram. I have a GTX 750 and the game runs fine if you turn down the draw distance a bit,and turn off the triplaner LOD mapping it should be ok.

• @icon58 From ->

you're now using so 4gig video = need more ram for java

Then following the logical "double up"
    1GB = 8GB

2GB x 8 = 16GB
    4GB x 8 = 32GB

Like remember back in the days when 512 MB graphics cards where top of the line ? :P that's back when we were finally getting to 64Bit passing the 4GB RAM threshold.

and POOF 512Mb (half of 1GB) x 8 = 4GB
    it comes out just perfectly. LOL J/K it's just Moore's law... Games dont actually need 32GB of RAM right now it's just an offtopic theory. :rolleyes:

• alot of this depends on what screen size your running also ive not tested but i dont think your gain anything going from 16gig to 32gig in this game infact 4gig video with 8 gig ram would be sweet i think it should be more like this

1GB video 1 x 2 = 2 GB ram
    2GB video 2 x 2 = 4 GB ram
    4GB Video 4 x 2 = 8 GB ram
    8GB Video 8 x 2 = 16 GB ram

this is what i think is more like what is needed with each upgrade

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I surrender 8o8o !!!!. I am going to buy a 128 GB SSD and make it a ramdisk and play Rising world on that. :D That should hold it for a bit...

your going to make a SSD into a RAM DISK oO lol what would be the point of that, its a disk anyway lol you crazy nut

if you want real speed get one of them m.2 samsung ssd drives they are crazy fast

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Are you talking about the internal PCI express one? That is crazy? If you are sure, I will order this one up today.
    SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V5P256BW

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!