Permissions not working

• I am having the same issue Dedofull is having. I tried the in game console commands, setplayergroup PLAYERNAME GROUP, I get Player PLAYERNAME not found. Of course then I can not add myself. Please advise.
    Below are the permissions settings.

Default settings
    chatcolor: 0xFFFFFF
    chatnamecolor: 0xFFFFFF

commands:
    deny:
    general:
    fly: true
    pvp: false
    customimages:
    enabled: true
    maxupload: 10
    dimension: 512
    blueprints:
    use: true
    create: true
    creative:true

Admin settings
    group: Admin
    chatnamecolor: 0xFF0000
    chatprefix: (Admin)
    chatprefixcolor: 0xFF0000
    shownametag: true
    showadmintag: true
    nametagcolor: 0xFF0000
    nametagprefix: (Admin)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xFF0000

commands:
    allow:
    deny:
    - makeadmin
    - revokeadmin
    - shutdown
    customimages:
    enabled: true
    maxupload: 100
    dimension: 512
    creative:
    allow:true
    deny:
    blueprints:
    use: true
    create: true

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• I am having the same issue Dedofull is having. I tried the in game console commands, setplayergroup PLAYERNAME GROUP, I get Player PLAYERNAME not found.

Instead of "PLAYERNAME", you have to put an actual playername there. So if you want to add yourself to the group, you have to put your name there.
    Btw, I've moved your post into a separate topic. It's also better to upload permission files instead of posting the content, since when posting the content, the indenting (which is important) gets lost. To upload a file, press the "More Options" button at the bottom (when writing a reply), then you can go to "Attachments" at the bottom and upload the particular permission files.
    It appears that your permission file is erroneous. The part about creative does not work this way ("creative:true", followed by a "-*"). Here are more information about permission files ;) Permission system

• I am pretty sure this game hates me but tough I am going to play it it it will obey. 8o8o Please see attach permission file I got blueprints to work but I am pretty sure that was an accident. Creative refuses to be well creative.... For good measure I attached the server properties. I also added the admin setting which according to Red (if I am reading it right) should work for the admins.... But it does not.

Files

Edited once, last by icon58 ().

• I actually was reading up on YAML and I think part of my problem is I automatically use tab (which YAML does not like) instead of white spaces. I removed the file hoping the game would rebuild a new one (it did not) so now I guess I just need to find a different text editor than notepad++, or retrain my muscle memory.

• Admin permissions are the main permissions mostly.

I'm wondering about the admin permissions.

Your admin permission file:
    creative:
    allow:true
    deny:

Remove deny, because you don't have specificated what you want to deny.

If your permission files work properly don't change anything.

• I am pretty sure this game hates me

No, definitely not. Asked the game, it told me it loves every player, no exceptions

try setplayergroup Group playername and Group with capital

That would not work unfortunately: To use the command correctly, you have to type setplayergroup playername group, but of course you have to replace "playername" with the actual name of the player, and "group" with the actual name of the particular group (for example "admin").

@ Red Does Admins start with creative powers?

Admins (according to the server.properties) are only allowed to use all commands. Everything else is handled by the permissions.

Creative refuses to be well creative....

Thanks for uploading the permission files, there are indeed some errors: As @Deirdre said, the part about creative is wrong, in the "admin" file as well as in the default.permissions. It should look like this:

default.permissions

admin.permissions

Code
    creative:
    allow:
    - freecrafting
    Code
    creative:
    allow:

There is also something else you need to take into account: The admin group permissions need to be named "admin.permissions", instead of just "admin.txt". Basically it should always be groupname.permissions, so for example "moderator.permissions", or "guest.permissions" etc. It's also important that all group permissions are in the "groups" subfolder.

Another hint to find out if permissions are syntactically correct: When starting the server, there will be some information about the permission files in the server log. If something went wrong, you will see an exception (or several exceptions) in the server console/log, otherwise it should output something like "INFO: Default server permissions loaded successfully!" and "INFO: Group "admin" permissions loaded successfully!"

I've attached the fixed permission files for you btw ;) Put them into your "permissions" folder, start the server and type "setplayergroup icon58 admin" to become a member of the admin group.

• I actually was reading up on YAML and I think part of my problem is I automatically use tab (which YAML does not like) instead of white spaces. I removed the file hoping the game would rebuild a new one (it did not) so now I guess I just need to find a different text editor than notepad++, or retrain my muscle memory.

I was trained in more traditional programming languages where spaces dont matter and now spaces are crucial so this was the biggest challenge in learning YAML, Ruby, and Python. There is an option to convert Tab character to spaces:

Go to Settings --> Preferences --> Tab settings. Checkmark "Replace by space" and set the number of spaces. Since you are editing YAML files, its probably best to set 2

Unless you have something truly better in mind, Notepad++ is really one of the best editors I've seen for Windows.

• Thank you for all your replies the errors were mine and I accidentally uploaded the text file instead of the permissions file. But what fixed it all (even after downloading the permission's file from the server pack and replacing back to default) was to wipe and reload the servers... From the git go there was issues with the install I could not save the config files. Admins from the start could not use creative. After the reload everything works as it should. Thanks again and now the fun begins when I start to break up groups etc.

• Sokath! His eyes uncovered!!!! The problem I was having was when was an admin not an admin?? When he was alone.... I was thinking because I was an admin already, admin group exist already. I would be a member of this exclusive club, but no I had to invite myself... ?(?( Now that I cleared that up I hope that help others who where afraid to ask (come on you know your out there...) I can proceed on really mucking things up. 8o8o:D

• Sooo how do you know which commands go where? I am trying to make it so admins can fly but not others. I am also trying to make another group, add people in them to give them more control than others.

Also when you say " It's also important that all group permissions are in the "groups" subfolder." My server always start with the folder permissions; the default permissions is hang out in there. The admin permissions is hanging out in the groups folder. Could that be causing some of my issues? Because when I try make admin fly I cannot. I attached the admin permissions, I put in their for admins to fly under commands because I do not know where else to put it... I also attached the default all it says is no flying and so does the server...
    Thanks in advance Icon

Files

• I am trying to make it so admins can fly but not others. I am also trying to make another group, add people in them to give them more control than others.

Flymode is not considered as a command. A command is only something you can type into console, so flymode is handled in the "general" permissions, as you can see in the default.permissions file (just replace the "fly: false" with a "fly: true").
    There are also some other problems with your permission files: The indenting in the admin.permissions is wrong, the "fly: true" does not belong into the commands section, but you also have to use correct intending for the "general" part.
    In the default.permissions file, the indenting of the "deny" part of creative permissions is also wrong (it's also recommendable to use lower case letters only).

It's also important that all group permissions are in the "groups" subfolder

This only applies to groups you create. The default.permissions belongs into the main "permissions" folder (since it's not exactly a group), but all group permissions (like the admin.permissions, or all other groups you create) belong into the "groups" subfolder.

• AARRRGGGG !!!! :D:D I swear I did not touch the indents.... Sigh... Going to have to make template and check it when making changes.
    As always thank you for your time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!