• I was reading another post and read you wanted to add zombie dogs , well I would like to see wild dogs that could be tamed and then the dog can be your lookout while foraging warning you if something is approaching or hiding in some dark area at night or even alert you of noise out side your house while resting or crafting.

• It would be cool if you could push animals into a pen, and breed them and make more animals for meat and cooking later on.

• The animal system does definitely need some work.

I've not looked into it much, but I see that you can 'take' things out of dead pigs? But can't out of other animals?

Maybe A) make it easier to take things from dead animals, by just hovering over them and pressing F, and B) allow things to be found in all animals.

• Dogs are also planned in the future, but we want to implement them together with the ability to tame them, so it will take some time.

@Jackah: No, animals don't drop any loot yet. Neither the pig nor any other animal. But we're working on it ;)

• Mobs do provide some of the best fun in game, some of the best fun I ever had was chickens+mods in MC, although the minute 'zombie dogs' was mentioned for Rising World I thought of penumbra.

*shudder* You are going to want a seriously sharp pickaxe.

• Just me, ok, but I'm not wild about "zombie" anything. (The whole zombie-thing has been done to death).

I know you're looking for a hostile mob- how about a rabid dog instead?
    You could still have 'normal' dogs that you could tame and turn them into "pets"- for some reason people love the idea of having a 'pet' that follows them around. Don't know what would happen if a rabid dog and your pet dog meet up, nor do I know how this 'following' thing would work when you go off flying.... but that's something to figure out.

The whole farming thing is interesting though.

• I guess what people like about zombies is that they are a 'inherently evil' antagonist, explicable in any place within the game. So random spawning and mindless killing never feels off.

IMO, something that isn't used too often, and would look absolutely great as hostile mobs is ancient rusted automatons from a past civilization similar to the dwemer automatons of Bethesda Elder Scrolls series but less magical, more technological. Plus in a construction game, fighting hostile constructs just feels right really :U

• We need something unique, that sets us apart. For example Minecraft has the creeper, and is practically famous for it.

Red, make a coding mistake and create a fascinating mob! :P

• zombie this,zombie that..........it's getting kinda old.not that we have a say.but a rabid dog sounds like the right way to go..........rabies infested animals instead of mythical creatures will certainly play well into the devs ideas of incorporating diseases into the game......i mean think about it.......actual diseases are way more scary than any made up "mob"

• Hostile mobs will certainly add entertainment value to the game and I look forward to their implementation. It would be nice if these mobs would not be able to blow up and destroy structures. Of course they should be dangerous to the players, but not to our buildings. If some players want them to have this kind of behavior then there should be an option to turn mob building destruction on or off.

Since Rising World looks much more real than other games of this genre it would be better if mobs have a realistic attack. In other words dogs should looks as if they are biting a player, bears should look as if they slashing a player with their claws, elk should look as though they are goring players with their antlers, etc. Much of the fun is lost when the mob merely stands next to the player and damage is dealt in what appears to be a physically passive mind attack. Good luck developers - your hard work is paying off! :)

• zombie this,zombie that..........it's getting kinda old.not that we have a say.but a rabid dog sounds like the right way to go..........rabies infested animals instead of mythical creatures will certainly play well into the devs ideas of incorporating diseases into the game......i mean think about it.......actual diseases are way more scary than any made up "mob"

Nice idea!
    However, why not made something actually scary like a witch living in an era with lots of trees? And I am not speaking of a witch you could actually see. There could be just some scary noises and "wierd" things going on in that area. I think that would be more simple, but also be more effective.
    I mean, omg there is a zombie? Just get a good weapon and kill it. But when you can't really see your enemy, it is more terrefying in my opinion. I mean, there is a reason, why The Blair Witch Project was scarier than some random horror movie where there was tons of blood.
    Those creatures you don't see could be attached to specific areas that will be automatically generated, like this witch in a moor, or a ghost in an old castle where the doors and chains rattle, the torches go off randomly and wind howls through doors and closes them randomly as well.

• Witches? Ghosts? Herobrine?
    I'd rather have a physical mob (animal) that I can see and kill if it attacks me. (Course, just me, but I'd love to have the option to turn off all hostile mobs. I got enough problems without something trying to kill me too.) Maybe something afraid of fire, so you could chase it away with a torch- but you get some cool, rare, and handy 'drop' if you do kill it. Maybe something (scary sounding) that only comes out at night (gotta love "settime").
    I'm sure the developers will come up with something. We'll all be surprised, and love it.

• 'tod' is for time of day and does the exact same thing as 'settime'
    Also the devs have stated that they will give the option to disable hostile mobs when they are added, and think there will be a switch for the fantasy mobs also.

I am with Geneo, I would prefer Physical mobs, Let modders add the ouija boards, exorcise, and magic stuff.

One suggestion that was made awhile ago and was added was the racoon. If your stuff is not locked up or behind locked doors it breaks in steals a single shiny or food and disarranged your chests. We were talking about the multiplayer feature of locks and this was an idea on how to make that feature valuable in single player.

• Quezax - you bring us so much useful information from the developers, especially regarding the hostile mobs options. I'm glad to hear that players will have those kinds of options, just what we need in a sandbox game like this. Everyone should be able to create the game they want to.

Yes, lets make the mobs physical and not just illusory sounds or lights in the distance.

What a great idea to include a raccoon thief in single player games. I suppose that they could be included in multiplayer games as well, but they will really enhance the need for locks and keys in single player environments. This might also make the domesticated dogs more meaningful as they could be used to defend the players stuff from the mischievous raccoons.

• One suggestion that was made awhile ago and was added was the racoon. If your stuff is not locked up or behind locked doors it breaks in steals a single shiny or food and disarranged your chests. We were talking about the multiplayer feature of locks and this was an idea on how to make that feature valuable in single player.

I think that would be quiet hard to implement, because you should see the racoon then, since otherwise players would be confused when they comeback to their chests and wonder why their stuff is gone. But when you see the animal stealing your stuff, you should easely be able to prevent it from stealing it. If you really want this, you should maybe see it in the distance when it steals your items.

• The idea is it may steal a very small amount, but raccoons would make a big mess when doing so. So you chest contents would be scrambled. So if you one stack of bread and one stack of stone in a chest, 1 bread would be missing and the other 63 pieces and all the stone would be scattered over all 96slots of the chest.

Remember the chunk limitation means you have to be nearby for your storage to be loaded for the creature to strike. Giving you a decent chance of seeing and possibly catching the culprit. By simply putting a lock on a door to your storage or on the chest itself would prevent the animal from getting to attack your storage. I like the idea of having a guard dog, too.

• The idea is it may steal a very small amount, but raccoons would make a big mess when doing so. So you chest contents would be scrambled. So if you one stack of bread and one stack of stone in a chest, 1 bread would be missing and the other 63 pieces and all the stone would be scattered over all 96slots of the chest.

Remember the chunk limitation means you have to be nearby for your storage to be loaded for the creature to strike. Giving you a decent chance of seeing and possibly catching the culprit. By simply putting a lock on a door to your storage or on the chest itself would prevent the animal from getting to attack your storage. I like the idea of having a guard dog, too.

Ok, now I get it. Sound pretty good.
    However, in general, I think that it would be better, if 'advanced' stuff and animals would come into the game within time. Because I think if the player has to face this kind of stuff from the very beginning, he/ she would be pretty obssesed, because they wouldn't have the items to protect their chest, for example.
    Like, in Minecraft, I found it pretty hard, that you had to get food at the very beginning of the game, but later it as just pointless, when you had like infinitive ressources.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!