Steam storefront hardware specs

• Red51,

Considering the latest negative review ( the guy getting pissy because Rising World crashes on his stoneage computer ) and other issues reported by other players with Radeon 4000 series cards, I'd recommend changing the minimum hardware requirements on the Steam store page to specifically not include the 4000HD.

Fortunately still at this point every negative review has been found 0% helpful but it wouldnt hurt to avoid any future issues.

• That's indeed a wise decision. I have a feeling that this isn't a perfect solution though, but since there are so many issues with outdated AMD/ATI drivers, as well as trouble with the Radeon HD 4000 series, we have updated the storepage now ;) But since many people don't check the minimum requirements I'm afraid it won't help very much^^

• LOL! Oh, this should help weed out more of the idiots insta-buying the game without research. They're too blame 100% for not re-searching what the game is about & for not knowing their own computer. If any of you silly simple-minded fools are reading this then......RESEARCH WHAT YOU'RE BUYING ON BOTH A COMPUTER & GAMING LEVEL! DO NOT RELY ON STEAM REFUNDS! That'll fall on deaf ears, as seen on 'American Truck SImulator' steam forums.

"My computer is brand new! I just bought it recently yet I can't play Rising World on it!" - Some silly person on steam forums.
    (This person bought a budget laptop meant for simple things, not gaming :D )

• Yeah, You can't stop stupid. It's genetics with some people. But yeah put higher specs up there would help some old pc users. Lowering chunks sometimes helps on servers.
    Some people do two specs. One min. One recommended for online or running well.
    Most games shoot for highest specs on PCs by time it gets released it's usually obsolete PCs far as games goes.
    Sometimes recommending windows version may help too. One more likely to meet specs required.
    *Graphic Card XX gigs latest drivers

Also by time game ships might need higher specs. Since your going to have a lot more entities and players. Of course I seen a lot of CPU reduction happen once developers push some of the
    graphics to GPU rather than CPU but I don't ever pay attention to what game is doing since it's always ran fine even in alpha.

Servers little slower but don't know about other person's hardware.
    This game seems pretty smooth already at least single player.

Yeah a true gamer doesn't let your Graphic cards or mother boards/cpu get to old.
    You can't help some people are like bubbling lava you just get burned people acting like kids and raging.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!