Client Error, Java

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • This happens in Multiplayer mode:
    Steamloader: Fatal exception occurred

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.loadGame(SteamLoader.java:130)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.<init>(SteamLoader.java:38)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.main(SteamLoader.java:27)
    Caused by: com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamException: Cannot initialize Steam API
    at content.i.a(SourceFile:70)
    at content.Launcher.<init>(SourceFile:43)
    ... 7 more

It stops me from being able to play the game and I need to go to the main menu to log in again. Repeated occurrences about every 10 minutes or so.
    Any solution to this problem?

Thanks for any help

Akeel

• Ok red thanks for your quick reply, I'll make sure Steam is running, plan to play some more in a few hours.
    Keeps amazing me how you find the time be so helpful to all of us with your seemingly unlimited knowledge
    as a developer which made this great game, not to mention your outstanding client/player support!

Thank You
    Akeel

• Yes, that's what it was, I made the mistake of creating a shortcut to the game from my local Steam Library File "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RisingWorld" That apparently bypasses the Steam activation and causes the above error. If anyone is experiencing the same error and you want to create a shortcut which turns steam on, go to the Steam website and do the following:
    1. LC Click on your LIBRARY
    2. From the list of games, RC on the one you want to create a shortcut for.
    3. That brings up a dropdown menu.
    4. LC on Properties and from the Properties window that pops up, chose 'Create Desktop Shortcut".
    Now when you use that shortcut it will turn steam on to run in the background, avoiding the Java error.

Akeel

• I am having the same problem, only this is happening on startup. heres the text in the fatal error report box
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.loadGame(SteamLoader.java:135)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.<init>(SteamLoader.java:38)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.main(SteamLoader.java:27)
    Caused by: com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamException: Error initializing Steam API
    at content.j.a(SourceFile:71)
    at content.Launcher.<init>(SourceFile:42)
    ... 7 more

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• DaBoiye,

This is typically caused by your Steam client losing its connection with the Steam API. Restarting Steam almost always fixes the problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!