How do I destroy water?

• Hi
    I probably missed something but could not find the answer. I built an above ground basin and filled it with water. I didn't like it and destroyed the blocks for the basin the normal way, using the pickaxe but the water is still there, like a sheet about two blocks off the ground. How do I destroy it?

Thanks for any help
    Akeel

• Dirt & sand. yeah.

It's insanely tedious though. When you're trying for a river or canal you'll have those 'empty' voids underwater which needs to be filled that I'm wishing & strongly hoping for Red51 to change the coding that when you place the water blocks that it'll reach down in a column until it hits a solid block. Not spread out, Minecraft style, but just a column thing.

Removing it is also a pain that everything always leads into creative that I'm trying to shy away from it as much as possible, yet may be forced to just use it to smooth things out :/

• Hi
    I probably missed something but could not find the answer. I built an above ground basin and filled it with water. I didn't like it and destroyed the blocks for the basin the normal way, using the pickaxe but the water is still there, like a sheet about two blocks off the ground. How do I destroy it?

Thanks for any help
    Akeel

Hello there @Akeel I may be able to help you another way which I have found to be very effective. Now when you place water you either left-click or right-click. Now for the easy part select your water size by using "G" and + or - to get the correct size. Then press "enter" this will bring up your water grid. Now use the Page Up Page Down to select the top level of your water. Now remember what button you used to place it? Which is right-click or left-click? Tap the opposite one, and it's gone. Sure dirt, sand, stone or any raw material can be used but this is the best and most effective way to get rid of water without removing source blocks from example "pool." Hope this helps you out. I'll make a tutorial on the water so others can understand what I'm saying as well. Have a nice day :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!