[Plugin]AutoLevels (server only plugin)

• Getting a little worried ... :/ I installed this after making four classes and set it up on my server. When I restarted my server and tried to log in I got 3 times the inability to authenticate error when I was trying to log in. Then finally I was able to log in. I was hoping that it was just the service taking time to restart since I have since been able to get on. It seems to be working normally.

However, I have a new server. I have not set it up with allot of special places to see yet and i dont get allot of visitors but a couple that do visit and are building significant structures to match my Large Ancient Structures. Anyway can anyone test and see if they cant get on. If not I will have to uninstall and hope I have not installed this and chased my few visitors away with unable to authenticate Steam log on errors.

Angriff's Lair 107.181.173.66

Thanks for the help.. Teleport is installed so you can type /tp list and click on the place you will zoom there. If it gives you an error just type /tp0 and it will work after you move there. [this is not advert real help is needed]

• test passed. connected fine.

Thanks Juggernaut. I dont know what you PM'd me about exploits.maybe you can point me to the thread that explains .

Anyway it is working thanks for the help :thumbup:

PS if you want to know the future you can go to the Oracle on my server... LOL stand behind it and look into the fire!!

• Ok since this is a routine that is sort of a character builder. It would be nice to have different classes so you could create a class that goes up one tree for military reason and one that provides a better world by building and since this game is so obsessive with digging to the center of the earth in the dark then maybe a mining class. Privileges and rights and equipment go up with effort. Just a suggestion. :|

• Here is a question does the program store groups in anyplace? I started up the Autolevel early without any permissions change just so guys that log on could book time. I set up the levels and then restarted my server. The next time one of the guys that has days on my server was the lowest level ...hmmm? ?( Can I bump him manally? The routine does not have this in the help.

• Sounds like you don't have your AutoLevel groups setup properly (you have to run the /addgroup command, which stores them in the DB) .
    You 1st need to make sure you have permission groups setup (RW permission groups located in dedicated server folder/permissoins/groups). You then need to configure AutoLevel to use these groups one at a time, making sure you spell them EXACT (upper and lower case characters included). You also need to make sure you properly configure your start and end time in SECONDS. Pasting the help text below:

This plugin is a server admin only tool

Commands
    /listgroups <------- to list all added groups
    /closegroups <------- close's the group list panel
    /delgroup [id] <-------- to delete a group example /delgroup 7 <----- will delete the group with id 7
    /addgroup [groupname] [TimeStart] [TimeEnd] <-------- to add your group
    /grouphelp <-------- for in game help

So to add levels you type in chat /addgroup [Groupname] [TimeStart] [TimeEnd]

Note: your Group name must be 100% the same as your permissions group name, this plugin wont work if the group Admin name is admin on this and Admin on your permissions file name, both will need caps oO

Some Example's

Example: /addgroup Surveyor 0 3600 < this group would be set when the player first logs in upto 1 hour, note all times are done in seconds
    Example: /addgroup Settler 3601 7200
    Example: /addgroup Builder 7201 14400
    Example: /addgroup Plumber 14401 28800 Note how i always start with the last end number + 1
    Example: /addgroup Moderator 28801 57600
    Example: /addgroup Admin 57601 8888888 ok i added a big number here as this is the last group oO

Example: /addgroup SuperAdmin 0 0 <------ by adding 0 0 the player can be locked to this group

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• I had a typo.. so Operator Error <XX/ I did find the database and my server operator renames all the databases .. but they are in the right directories

Also I edit the database to correct the Groups for the players.. my server still works... knock on wood!

• Is there a way to edit a group? If I add a group, I might want to shift the times of other groups to get an alignment. Now all I think I can do is delete the group and any above and relist each one again. Any chance there is an edit group time thingie? :huh:

• Ok so I create this special group and put a player into it using the console. I see he changes he gets new permissions then Autolevel returns him to the previous group. It is a 00 group and it returns him to my highest 8888 group :S?(

I had to hard code the database and reset all the groups to see if it would work..

• There is an issue with AutoLevels (yahgiggle) plugin. I have the same problem, among other things in regard to this plugin (like flooding my server and eventually crashing it with repeated DB hits if I have many players on and I do not reboot the server (players will also get spammed with 'permission have changed' message until they relog). See here WARNING: [UdpSessionHandler] Unable to find ClientConnection for null
    To make the group stick, you have to 'reloadplugins' via console .. then it will stick after you move them into group again .. but it's only temporary, as next time they relog, the same p[roblem will come back even when the group is configured as 0 0 as stated in the docs.

I am going to switch to the AutoLevel included with MIno's ServerTools plugin with the hopes that one works better.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• I am going to switch to the AutoLevel included with MIno's ServerTools plugin with the hopes that one works better.

We don't have problems on our server with it so far :P

• There is an issue with AutoLevels (yahgiggle) plugin. I have the same problem, among other things in regard to this plugin (like flooding my server and eventually crashing it with repeated DB hits if I have many players on and I do not reboot the server (players will also get spammed with 'permission have changed' message until they relog). See here WARNING: [UdpSessionHandler] Unable to find ClientConnection for null
    To make the group stick, you have to 'reloadplugins' via console .. then it will stick after you move them into group again .. but it's only temporary, as next time they relog, the same p[roblem will come back even when the group is configured as 0 0 as stated in the docs.

I am going to switch to the AutoLevel included with MIno's ServerTools plugin with the hopes that one works better.

Link Please?

• Hello Yahgiggle,

maybe it is possible to programme the autolevel so, that if the player craft something or mine something he will get 1 point per hit? If he get enough points next item will be availible?

That would be very great!

Ninjamansan

• Currently there is no EXP based plugin for leveling, only playtime based plugins have been written.

This is a good idea and should be possible with the current version of the java API, maybe I or someone else will take a swing at such a plugin once I am done with my current list of plugins to develop :)

• i did code a plugin like that under lua it also paid players for work they did, but i dropped it after the Java support came, ATM im too busy at work to do coding, ive not even had time to play games lately oO

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • i did code a plugin like that under lua it also paid players for work they did, but i dropped it after the Java support came, ATM im too busy at work to do coding, ive not even had time to play games lately oO

:O I have never seen this script, will look for it now, since the code is already written I might be able to quickly convert it to java but have to see it first to know :D

• :O I have never seen this script, will look for it now, since the code is already written I might be able to quickly convert it to java but have to see it first to know :D

i never uploaded this script to the forum, i only had it running on my own server oO i may still have the files somewhere if i find them ill upload them for you.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • i never uploaded this script to the forum, i only had it running on my own server oO i may still have the files somewhere if i find them ill upload them for you.

aaaah that is why I have never seen it before, it makes sense now :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!