Been attacked by North Korea!

• Been attacked by North Korea as i lost connection this after noon, Glad no one was injured or killed but they bombed & Nuked me Casa badly!
    This is what i seen after i logged back in:

Before:

After:

All my furniture in me casa gone, all my workbenches & big chest gone, crap load of fences gone too, not to mention all the little blocks
    i will need to re-do 1 by 1 as the are all spread out....
    :-(

And i was so happy me Casa was all finished...
    Failed! lol

• I'm sorry for you! =O Darn north korea!

PLEASE tell me that this is multiplayer, please! Then this is just griefing. If it is singleplayer, and no other player was with you, this is a bug, and I will fall off my chair :S

• Indeed Red51, i was multi-playing on "Deadlands" server and we were about 4 players at that time online!
    For a second i taught an other player was trashing me Casa as i lost connection but he could not have
    done so much damage
    in a second or 2...

• I logged into that server as it is one of the originals to see what had been built, and saw this.

I think it is griefing as the missing blocks are get less the further from spawn you get.
    If griefer can setgametype 1 and can use F2 fly mode, then the destruction can be quick.

Sometimes your client doesn't know you have been disconnected for up to 30 seconds.
    I found if you get any error, even if it looks like you are still connected, you should reconnect immediately.

Has anyone told @Absalom about it?
    He has a protection script running, that he has been developing, was your building protected by it?

• I only saw it on Deadlands, so unless it is a bug/feature of the protection script. I suspect a person.
    Unfortunately, with the good comes the bad.

You should check the Deadland Server thread, as if I remember correctly the commands for the protection script are in there and he may have been able to allow them without requiring admin access.

• I haven't allowed the area protection without admin access yet because without area limits and the ability to overlap areas, I was afraid players would abuse it. I still have to modify it to limit area selection, and not allow overlaps. I might put a deadzone in there too where you can't define areas within 1 block of other areas.

• this is why i flew as far as i could away from spawn....also we have a "report players" thread for the deadlands server at:
    DEADLANDS

This will make it somewhat easier for Absalon to nab these d*ckheads :)

***TIP: When someone asks "hey,where are you?"..........don't tell them...
    i'll bet @red51 is happy he didn't need to fall off his chair lmao

• We don't have a forums rating system, so +1 @Turbo614

• We can find anyone on the map turbo, with 1 eye close cause the other one need
    to be open as you press and hold the "Tab" key...
    Voilà, in your back for suprise:
    "Chop.chop ya dead!"

• Geez people, not bad enough that i been attacked by North korea now i log on as i could not yesterday & somebody decided to build is own private
    paradise on my land??? Normally when someone go out of his way to build a fence around his house its to keep unwanted out!
    Free land all over the map why build ya own stuff inside private property?
    Tks for the company but pls stay out of my yards!

• The area protection is a bit screwed up. For whatever reason, players have to be re-added to their area upon server reboot. Not sure why that happens unless SQLite doesn't perform a commit by default and changes are rolled back when an unexpected reboot happens. Not sure. I don't think SQLite is that sophisticated, but I could be wrong.

• If we take flaws from other similar games and make it work on this game it would be great indeed
    but possibly not as simple as it seems cause other Devs would be laughing all the way to the bank!

Some games there no land for people to build on, some game after you close your doors or chest
    you are not able to open them after! Witch fustrates you as you can't get in or out of
    your own house! lol

• DAmn North Korea attacked once again, on Christmas Eve on top on everything....
    Me Casa was smashed again yesterday as my back wall was was destroyed going into the basement of me Casa!
    Will not repair right away, but if ya want or need to go check it out i would be situated West side of Jail
    just behind Spawn point on Deadlands server!

• DAmn North Korea attacked once again, on Christmas Eve on top on everything....
    Me Casa was smashed again yesterday as my back wall was was destroyed going into the basement of me Casa!
    Will not repair right away, but if ya want or need to go check it out i would be situated West side of Jail
    just behind Spawn point on Deadlands server!

move over by me man,I'm already reconstructing my lame crib into a castle....you know where I'm at ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!