Trams & Cargo Trams

• Not sure what Red51 has planned for trains, or what he has modeled up, but I do have a suggestion about what 'could' be added as the first round of things. Basically handcarts at first, then trams on both the passenger & cargo side of things. I say trams would be a good way to introduce trains into Rising World because it gives us things to work with on both a player scale, NPC scale, and even cargo scale that we can start with small gauge rails, then eventually work our way upward. Also, trams would be a good use for inner & outter settlement use for city-to-city use.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/w…Cargo_Tram_Volkswagen.jpg

http://www.michaeltaylor.ca/tr…esden/2002-dresden-mt.jpg

Or the Zurich Cargo variation:
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/…02850258_754f6d9b7d_b.jpg

--------

I find tram use neat because they're right in the middle line of stuff that they're both basic & heavy at the same time. I've even noticed companies using trams on already existing tram lines to haul goods to and from one headquarter to the next within the same city. Would even be useful for 5,000 distance that you'd be there in 2 min, not 30 minutes by foot. Plus, you'd be able to carry so much goods. Now, the tricky question would be how difficult the recipe would be to craft these trams because they're complex machines.

I guess horses shall do until we can tech up into trams. Even being able to make wooden rails, something that was actually made. I love the vibe I would gain when having a cargo train at hand, something that would also help with the construction of railways until bigger trains are introduced.

• One thing I would love to see is customization on trains. So many ppl have built epic trains and train-tracks, I would hate to see those remain static while the stock trains cruise around. It would be awesome if we could manually build the trains. Maybe we could craft the major components and then build the rest of the body by hand. I think Wurm has something like that for the boat building... but I guess thats your (arctic) area of knowledge. :)

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Yeah, when it comes to vehicle building I really want Red51 to allow us to build every component out in the world. The moment I see him add it into a crafting bench, and keeping it there (Note: Keeping), is the moment I"ll curse at him because vehicles then lose their worth & value right there. They should be special entities. The frame, the body of it should all be built outside so you can then build a workshop around it to keep it safe from the elements. It was very fun & immersive building the boat tips on either end, as well as the frame, the seatings, and etc. You would need to build the shell first, then the components, then piece them together to then place them together. You had a successs rate which would dictate if your boat was seaworthy or not that you even had to strengthen the boat afterwords if it failed to reach a specific percentage in seaworthyness. What Rising World could do without would be the success rate. We should simply get the resources, slam it together, and be proud of how our vehicles come out.

The simple stuff at first, such as carts, wagons, rafts, boats, and etc should be built in phases and parts. We would then go up into cars where we would have to build the chasis, the engine, the seats, and then the 'extra' stuff such as the radio and all that. Somewhat detailed to 'Euro Truck Simulator 2', yet not as detailed to 'My summer Car' game, both of which you can examine on Youtube.

Red51 should see, after these big updates, about giving us the ability to move structures around in a 'Movecraft' manner. by classifying them as certain vehicles. Just give us one activation block/item type (a set of steering wheels) to then probably connect it with the API side of things so we can then smoothly glide around the world, or to even sail on the water. Even underwater, or on tracks. Just build your thing on dirt or stone, add a steering device, then off we go roaming about that we would have our own airships, our trams, boats, and etc in a more complex manner as it probably would lag the game the more complex we go with the vehicle builds.

As a sidenote to Rising World's take on Movecraft we should have some 'fantasy' items for museum purposes to attach to the API side of things with big air balloons, and such. There's so much we can do that I'll stop it there.

• Alright, let's see what sort of Cargo Tram videos are out there to see what may interest Red51 into giving us tram varieties.

The Volkswagon Cargo tram is above, yet I"ll share it again, among others....

Then this one here is far more interesting because of what you can do with it. As I've told Red51 on Steam, is that you could configure the main tram portion to be a 'crafting station', to hold your food, and etc. All the equipment. The rear portion could also do this (the trailers), or it could also be pure storage. Trams in Europe are fun because you can do a lot with them. The one in the below video is a 'garbage/recycling' tram. It's neat. Compare that with the Zurich & Volkswagon tram.

The above video shows the main tram body to have a work station, a cooking area, as well as a resting area. It's a hybrid workplace tram. The rear trailer than has cargo storage bins for recycling, something we could tune for wood storage, stone, and etc. Even transporting food around heh.

I'm however curious to see how Red51 shall deal with this with 'minecart' trains, or the smaller trains he mentioned.

• Might as well add this to an already made thread instead of further spamming the place.

(The same disclaimer added to sailing boats also applies here. Everything goes by Red51's schedule, I'm only providing inspiration.)

Train Gates (with cars allows to pass over them (car crossings elements):

Fujisawa Station (Japan) - [I'll build this one myself, don't worry about this.]

Or some Canadian ones from British Columbia, Canada.

I've more images, it's however up to Red51 whatever he has in his collection, whatever he can implement, etc. Everything is on Red51, I'm only providing more "inspiration". I need to purge the dead Youtube links also for new ones.

• Alright, I finally found what I was seeking, and it was all hiding away from my view (downloads folder & 'plan' thread.)

Java Boat Teaser by Red51:

Steam Train Java Teaser by Red51 (or maybe even Unity):

I can't wait to play around with trains. I'm starting to build my builds, I however need to start laying the foundations around the planned railroad routes (both gauges). Hopefully I'm not kept waiting too long. I need to get my other buildings built up before it all starts becoming a confused mess.

My two Misskey Shares:

KanColle themed Train Museum:

https://misskey.io/notes/9m5u2j1ull

Vathunver Red Brick Museum:

https://misskey.io/notes/9m5tv9x1is

--------------

While posting my Rising World experiences on 'Misskey' I came across some other neat images, all boat related. The person themselves isn't necessarily on Misskey, their stuff is able to be viewed from it.

His name is Beko Pharm:

https://misskey.io/notes/98yz06vc8t

Misskey's Rising World tag:

https://misskey.io/tags/RisingWorld

I still wish Red51 the best on his Biomes & mounts update. I also wish Red51 the best for wherever fishing shall be placed, and the same with bigger boats and trains themselves. Even NPCs.

I'll even try to playtest Rising World on my Steam Deck (docked & undocked) while planning to make a video for Youtube. We need more effort on the community half to keep Rising World afloat so I'll keep doing what I can from the side. I'm trying to poke where I can, people are needlessly stubborn. :sleeping:

• dont get your hopes up to soon but ive been messing around with some ships! ive also been thinking or trying to use this to add some trains.

I love how I both know how to and unable to make games at the very same time. I love how that link shows off HOW to implement trains into your Unity project. That's very handy! You say not to get my hopes up? You at the very least had me all hyped up about more future potentials for Rising World. Need to keep this up. Need to keep making Rising World all that much more awesome. Also because I need to keep dangling "bait" for people to be interested in this game. :nerd: Whatever people get working is whatever I can attract people to this game, especially if it's via my ignored requests finally being completed, or by other Anime and non-Anime avenues. :thumbup:

--------

While checking out what you shared, I also came across more train-related goodies to use, if Rising World's API allows it.

Japanese Train Station PBR Pack:

https://assetstore.unity.com/p…n-station-pbr-pack-214359

(I'm amused by the trailer music, it's typical Japanese music. Always so cheerful.)

Japanese Railway Station Interior Platforms Environment:

https://assetstore.unity.com/p…tforms-environment-225418

Then, if I can import one of these at a later period (to use, and to function) then I'll be even happier.

Japanese Local Train:

https://booth.pm/en/items/4686821

Tatra Tram (Low Poly; Modern version):
    https://assetstore.unity.com/p…d/low-poly-tram-20-230487

(If we can somehow make this useable in Rising World, or have something more oriented to Rising World that be great.)

Vehicle Pack - (Contains a Retro Tatra Tram) [Free model pack!]:

https://assetstore.unity.com/p…-pack-autobus-tram-213421

(This would be perfect for Rising World having a retro Tatra tram roaming around the world in either vanilla or modded form. If I had to pick ANY tram, it be the tested-and-true Tatra Tram of the 1990's-2008-ish. Hey! Look at that! It's even free! )

The Tatra T3 trams would be PERFECT for Rising World.

I miss seeing these beautiful trams in Slovakia's Bratislava area. Oh, the overly fond memories I have with these beauties! The bells. The Tatra T3 bells. I can still hear those gorgeous bells. <3

----

I may look into the final 'Vehicle Pack' for science, but at a later date once I'm not overwhelmed with everything. I would LOVE to have the older Tatra tram placed in my world, more so in a functional state. Maybe even being able to haul cargo (Chests on the seats, etc) while using the lower-gauged rails.

I'd be so happy having trains, and even trams. I'd be spamming their use and function everywhere. I know I also go on about Japanese trains, let's just say Ottawa is moronic when it comes to transportation. Everything is better in Slovakia and Japan than it is in Ottawa, hence why I boast so much about foreign stuff. :monocle:

(That bell sound at the beginning. Hard to hear, but it's there. The 50- 1 minute mark also.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_T3

I'm just heavily in love with the Tatra T3. So damn gorgeous! <3

This may have been long winded, but thanks for allowing me to poke around the Unity store some more. I'll continue to do so after some projects.

• Rail Crossing | Level Crossing | Grade Crossing:

https://assetstore.unity.com/p…nd-signal-crossing-114783

My final suggestion for trains (unless something other catches my attention) would be for rails to gain those inner 'level crossing' (grade crossing) portions, as noted in the below image. Basically the part that is on either side of the rails.

It would allow trains to pass by while also allowing both pedestrians and vehicles to cross. Note sure how Red51 shall handle trains, and if we'll manage to have trains, though hoping for these safer crossing areas. Gates are not in my suggestion, though they can also be loosely apart of it. My main focus here is the grade/level crossing allowing proper crossing from one side of the rail to the other.

Also been trying to recall the proper name for it - level & grade crossing. Maybe there is another term for it, Google however notes it to be both "level" & "grade" crossings.

(That should be my final suggestion for Rising World, for the time being. I'll bookmark everything until Rising World is decided to be updated.)

• Let's just say that what I heard of trains for Rising World makes me want to hype it more than any other train game I was made aware. Even so, I still have to make note of the failings of Mojang and MIcrosoft for being idiotic, political, and tardy. Everybody hates Mojang more and more for simply teasing and adding only ONE feature at a time for Minecraft. They fail to improve other elements of the game. Imagine if Red51 added one single feature to the game every 3-6 months. You'd be livid. I would be livid.

They still have yet to add Pumpkin pie (placable like cake), were purposely tardy on storage boats (boats with storage chests), and refuse to improve their minecarts in the game. The minecart post/tweet is why I'm posting this post on this forum right now. So tardy, yet we'll know Red51 shall implement his trains properly. :nerd:

The best implementation of trains had to be through the modding community. The mod is called 'TrainCraft', and has to be one of the best train experiences I've had.

The way I view Traincraft is what I'm expecting out of Rising World's implementation of trains. Of course, everything is "subject to change", though the general idea is there of being able to use any train (steam, diesel, electric) while being able to go to-and-from various areas on a whim. Trains actually improve the quality of life on everything, and I can't wait to have them. I'm sorry I keep repeating myself, but it's no joke when I say Rising World's trains shall be one of the best things to happen to Red51. It'll be something you could seriously dangle in front of someone to have fun with, as long as it's taken and treated as seriously as described by Red51.

When Red51 implements trains it'll definitely be one of the best selling points of Rising World for people to have fun with. No joke! I'm 100% serious. Once Red51 implements trains, and proper boats/ships Rising World shall even make a fun dent on train sims, as TrainCraft has done for Minecraft. Imagine playing Rising World just for trains! I'd be fine with that. As noted by Red51 you could potentially auto-pilot your train at lower speeds, among other fun stuff. Rising World to have basic, yet detailed trains is indeed a respectable soft-power for this game. Take good care of it! :party:

(Sidenote: There are people who desire me not to point out Mojang's and Microsoft's flaws because they desire fake politics to ruin everything. People believe their corporate corruption, I don't. I simply desire a proper game that is also fun as it is detailed and a nice side of quality. I don't want fake crap. I simply say it how it is, and I want things in its perfect quality, as a stereotypical German themselves desires. Quality over quantity. We Canadians tried to make proper vehicles in a quality state (Avro Arrow, Scot Truck, Knight XV, and a few others) , we sadly were sabotaged by our southern neighbors. Point is, more true Red51 is the better this game shall sell.)

Just know that once we're officially given properly working trains I will hype the heck out of it. I'll make a proper train yard, a proper train network, and even FINALLY share videos of it, other than taking pictures constantly. I genuinely desired to make videos in Rising World, I however have to build things up before that. Rising World's trains shall be a soft-power we genuinely need to take advantage of, seeing as how people are wary and shy on API and modding scene. Rising World's trains shall be nothing to sneeze at. :love::party:

• This is all for scientific purposes. TrainCraft being one, Minecraft's Transit Railway mod is another.

Getting Started - Minecraft Transit Railway Tutorials Episode 1

https://minecraftmtr.blogspot.com/p/home.html

Whenever I have time I'll fiddle with this, but I love seeing the Japanese train I've been on personally, among others. Seeing this though, I would still prefer the Rising World take on trains. Imagining this for Rising World has be highly hyped. Makes me wonder how Red51 shall have us create railways, trains, etc; How realistic it shall be. What materials to use to create everything. How trains shall run, how capable they shall be. The mod notes automated trains on schedules, how will Rising World compare to that?

Fun stuff. I need to look into this more. (Maybe on, or after Christmas) :nerd:

------------

Bonus:

Trains add a nice atmospheric touch to real life and games. Can't wait to see them in Rising World as well (as noted at the end in the below video passing a mountain).

• I genuinely desired to be silent ever since Red51 noted he's still alive and kicking (had a good Merry Christmas), and that we're soon to obtain an update in January 2024. Whenever that shall be. Hopefully he actually manages to release it this time, and 3x the content.

That's not why I'm here though.

While building away at my Rising World build I had a strong desire for a certain type of train, and I'm unsure if Red51 is able to allow us to have it.

------------

- Hanging Monorail:

Japan has this hanging Monorail system, something which would be good in Rising World, especially for what I desire to build. Sure, cable cars would work as well, though mainly leaning on Monorail system here. Maybe you want it to go above your road-way, or water without issue, something which would be handy in Rising World terms. Cable cars would also be neat, it's however up to Red51. Having more control over your trains would be wise here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shonan_Monorail

I could have easily visited this hanging monorail in Kamakura, Japan, and I have the chance to do so properly this time around.

---------

The focus for a potential Hanging Monorail.

- The main trains can be on the "ground floor" while the hanging mono-rail could be attached to a higher location. The arrow dips down a bit to make note of a boat that is down below to shuttle myself across to a farm on the other side.

- Closer to the edge noting how (once a building is constructed) the potential proposed monorail would depart the station to cross to the other side of the cove, or whatever you call this inlet area. Just something to be able to cross over the water to reach the other side.

(The area you see below (under the drill) is where I intend trains to go around while attaching an "level crossing" in that area to reach boats, ferries, etc.)

If not, I'll have to make due with horses, trains, and vehicles to go around. Or even a fast ferry boat, or whatever we're provided.

I'll eventually build a proper bridge once we gain actual trains and bigger boats. Whatever Red51 allows us to have (and is able to implement), I'll make use of it. Same goes with modding and plugins. If people falsely hate me then I won't use anything, but if they're kind then I'll use whatever they provide me. If people desire to treat me as a terrorist then I won't be able to advertise the game in the manner that it is needed to be...

Either way, I'm hyping up trains heavily. I hope Red51 is able to sanely (without issue) manage to complete stuff on his own roadmap to allow us to do what we can in this game. :monocle:

Also, I'm not joking. I'm:nerd:serious when I say once Red51 implements trains (on the level of TrainCraft, and maybe Minecraft Create) you'll see Rising World being highly popular. Yes, even making a noticable dent in sales while attracting various and numerous train enthusiasts, such as myself. I can't wait for the teased train. Again, no rush, I however am itching while noting it'll be one of Rising World's "soft-power", similar to how Anime is for Japan. Treat it well and respectfully! :monocle:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!