stuff from March 2014

• Was doing some searches to see if something had been asked and came across this:

...offering the ability to travel between maps. We planned something similar for the future, offering the possibility to travel between different servers (multiplayer-only feature).

Still planning this? Just trying to understand what the point would be if each server has all biomes etc..

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• I think he meant to say "That would be a very nice feature" :P
    AFAIK, it has never been part of the game. But I surely would love it!

Get your own Rising World server today!

• That's what I thought but well.. ya never know with a game in alpha hehe. It would be pretty interesting if different official servers had enough differences to get players to migrate around. But on the other hand, would people do it unless it was necessary? Just leave their builds like that? hmm There would have to be quite a bit of content to do this and reasons to keep people going back home. Maybe a mother "planet" with smaller ones you could travel too for specific stuffs or whatever.. anyways I won't get more into this haha Cooking dinner!

• I was thinking that it would be used for something like a Bungeecord server in Minecraft. Once mods/advanced scripts are introduced, I'm sure that there will be different ways to play the game (maybe minigames and such), and being able to go from a 'normal' server to a minigame server without having to disconnect would certainly be appealing. :)

Get your own Rising World server today!

• Ah yes! I should have thought of that haha. I would agree it would be nice. The Minecraft server I was on had a great lobby and teleports to their different servers with mazes you had to go through to learn the rules before playing hehe Good stuff! Hey red! So my question.. this still planned? ;)

• Well, this was part of a "bigger" planned feature, but not sure if we will implement it (that's why it never appeared in the feature list on our homepage). If we implement it, it will only happen when the game itself is "finished" ;)

• Sorry, but I hate minigames. The way I look at it, if you're so desperate that you need to play another game within the original game, then there's something lacking with the original game. To me, that's one of the main things wrong with MC- people get bored with MC, but since it's so easy even a child can do it, they're using it as a DIY game designer instead of playing a game designed for to play that (and does the game much better than MC ever could). (Hey, if designing games is your thing.... that's what Project Spark is for.)
    But that's just me.

• I agree for the most part regarding minigames. There were a few I enjoyed in MC. But I think I could come up with a couple minigames for RW which would be fun. The good thing about them is that they keep people on the server in case they get bored. Gives a little break from the main game. Some people like them, some don't.

But for RW, a guild or server admin could have a lobby connecting their creative server with the others, survival and marooned.. fantasy? Whichever... Doesn't have to be minigames.

I know for you Geneo this might not be interesting, my understanding from a few of your posts is you just want creative. :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!