Posts by SilverSatin

Danke but after teleporting somewhere bug comes again. :S

Because that's not what the prob was lol.

Anywhoooooooooo... if it happens again please report it with (if possible) a log and what you did before the error happened.
    it shouldn't happen now anyway but just in case Red51 made an antidote command for the prob -> "resetphysics" use that in your console to reset the physics engine when it goes into a panic again lol :rolleyes:

how to open console

:thumbsup:

An extension to Lonelobos bug report :)

This error seems also related to the bug when a player log into a server and they cant move even though the world is loaded around them.
    also after teleporting it happens sometimes that a player cant move.

Error 1 happens at login
    Error 2 after being in the world after a fresh login or teleport.

It looks like the error happens when player character is spawned in an area (like login in game or teleporting) and the game cant figure out the collisions of terrain then freaks out over it.

To troubleshoot
    -i've taken off the only plugin out (guestbook example)
    just incase its a collisions bug with models or the api in general
    no changes to client problem

-Multiple server restarts
    no changes

on one rare occasion the server was able to pick up on 1 instance of client crash
    this is what it catched in console and log

Thats one of the occasions that lonelobo crashed, the few other crashes wasn't caught by the server-side log

Server running JDK and JRE java8 update 111 64bit
    loading world off of SSD sql database
    and lonelobos ping is around 75 ms so no slowdown on loading the world either

I dont know what else i could do server-side ?(
    Lonelobo is not the only one stuck after teleporting several players had that happen after teleporting or login in.
    no word from them if they crashed soon after. :/

Hallo red51

wo müssen den die plugins eigentlich entpackt werden

--- sorry i'm using google translator --

Machen Sie einen Ordner in Ihrem Spiel / Server-Verzeichnis und nennen Sie es
    "Plugins"

Entpacken Sie die ZIP-Datei in den Ordner, den Sie gerade erstellt haben.

Sollte jetzt so aussehen
    - Verschraubungen
    --- Gästebuch

Schauen Sie in den Gästebuch - Ordner und öffnen Sie die
    coordinates.txt-Datei

Bearbeiten Sie die Koordinaten zu einem Ort, den Sie in der Welt mögen.
    Speichern Sie die Datei und führen Sie das Spiel / Server

Oder wenn Sie bereits das Spiel / Server ausgeführt haben, öffnen Sie die Konsole und geben Sie ein: reloadplugins

---------------------------- english -----------------

make a folder in your game/server directory and name it
    "plugins"

unpack the zip file into the folder you just created.

should look like this now
    - plugings
    --- guestbook

look inside of the guestbook folder and open the
    coordinates.txt file

edit the coordinates to a place you like in the world.
    save the file and run the game/server

or if you already got the game/server running open the console and type: reloadplugins

@red51 Question about NPC animals.

I know theres a global limit of the number NPC's on a server but how does the game handle spawned NPC's ?
    does it delete another NPC elsewhere once its reached global limit ?
    is it advisable to spawn NPC's or does it mess up ID numbers etc etc..

Incase the feature to breed animals happen to get added into the game in the future, would you consider allowing animals to have a natural death (get sick/old age/attacked by other animals/birth defect) as a way to control and keep players from overpopulating their farms and flooding a multiplayer server. (side-note same for crops maybe having a chance for bad crops or stolen/eaten by animals.)

Naming convension: This should remains suggestive instead of making it a requirement. Its an unnecessary hurdle for new coders just starting out with the whole plug-in shabang. You'd have to explain "what is versioning" and "how to name your version" it just adds to the learning curve for something that can be avoided.
    Its not a nice pain to have something not work properly just because somebody named something wrong. Much simpler ways like how its done in lua (as optional) is much newbie friendly

Not to mention for the end user you want them to be able to copy paste when installing a plugin. different names = no overwriting so the risk of duplicate plugins is really not unthinkable. (always assume end-users arent PC savy )

Distribution: As long as content-creators arent required to distribute through a specific repo and have the absolute freedom to choose any way they personally see fit then thats a thumbs up.

However a content creator would obviously be required to do something to get on "the list" if JIW games managed a plugin collection.
    I love the RW managed built-in plugin install/update/uninstall feature idea but it has to come with a comprehensive filter to thin down the list.
    Most games with a built in feature like that tend to overwhelm the users with so much to scroll through mixing all kinds of categories and content-quality and even a whole bunch of test content that shouldnt even belong there.

Directory structure: I agree with @Miwarre

"one plug-in, one sub-directory", regardless it consist of just one single .jar or has several files, assets of whatever kinds and so on.

Example scenario:
    if a made a plugin to have my own brand of cars in RW, i'd want to make my own plugin have a folder containing that "eco system" of different makes and models of that one car brand.

This is a perfect scenario where i'd want my plugin to rest in a folder structure like

Same way Kerbal Space Program does it, each plugin have its own little "eco system" since each plugin represents its own brand of stuff in the game. It helps to categorise which is what folders are for, It is so much cleaner than a one plugin folder with a bunch of jars which would look like

That would be 1 folder containing a whole list of plugins and long names trying to keep them from colliding with occasional folders associated with certain files.
    again from an end-users perspective they might update a jar file but forget a possible folder thats associated with it containing outdated external dependencies

the result is a whole lot of "tech-support" that could of been avoided if you just tell them to update 1 folder in the plugin folder instead of updating the several jars that are all in the same folder with other plugins and then a possible folder it might be associated with.cutting down on steps to do something is an incredible difference in the amount of people getting something wrong. :)

Changing assets: Changing assets doesnt always mean changing version.
    Plugins can have add-ons that just add on to current version to extend its content the example i gave with cars plugin is because that is a good way to show that cars can be customised with additions to the main plugin.

I added a computer plugin example because these have changing assets too like programs for example and maybe even pheripherals that can be added to it.

That one big plugin folder with a bunch of jars + their variation jars + here and there folders to some jars that need it is one messy structure.

Imagine somebody creating a clothing design line, would anyone really want to see all those variations in pants, shirts, shoes, colors in between all those other plugins in 1 single folder all together ? 8| to think about the naming alone is an eyesore :S put them in folders for the love of order & structure =O

Cant compare it to Rising world it is not sold as a finished space exploration game at $60 where you land on full planets each having their own set of diverse fauna and flora.

on RW i expect to see the same kind of trees the same kind of animals the same kind of flowers and objects because i am after all traveling on the same kind of planet so diversity is to be taken with a grain of salt.
    also in terms of graphics and audio, (especially audio) i would expect the animals in RW to sound the same. VS animals from different planets.

I know looking at file size to "sort of" figure out the amount of content is just as bad as judging a persons health by looking at BMI. There's too many factors. But still a lot of folks do it because it is a very quick way to have a slight clue of what to expect. like licking your finger to 'sort of' figure out where the wind is coming from and worry about accuracy later. haha :D

--

theres a storm on Reddit about promises that never got delivered. But all in all if you dont go in with the same expectations that got hyped about its a fun game to get at a steam sale. :thumbup:

Uh oh no, leave out the compression techniques. since there are so many factors that affect installer size all the way down to the final installation size (quality, compression ratio, fileformats, encryption format, data types etc etc etc etc etc etc)
    --

leave out those factors and look at it from an asset collection perspective.

If the game looked like a 2D Super Mario then a flat installed base at a little over 10GB would be freaken amazing.
    expect a lot of content. :D
    if the game looked like GTA V then a flat installed base at a little over 10GB would be worrysome. expect a techdemo :(

Its just a very quick indicator. Not accurate but nobody is saying it is a way to accurately judge.

Content junkies like myself do it all the time. when we think about content we think about mass.
    For us, bigger is better. again leave out the compression factors (quality, formats etc etc) thats already calculated into those expectations.

And procedurally generation on assets isnt exactly "fresh content" when all thats being done is rescaling and flipping through textures.

You are basing the size of the game on the compressed data

Of course, it goes without saying. I probably should of added that i was talking about download size haha. :P OMG imagine the actual gane only being 2.5GB whuuuuuut ?????? 8o

But no, just the download size was a great indication of how small this "diverse near limitless universe" can be compacted into.
    Looking at the game graphics wise and looking at the most prevailant thing a player would be doing in game (exploring). coming in at 2.5GB
    you'd start to wish they are using some damn good compression techniques or find out you're going to meet a whole lot of recolors and resizes over and over again.
    it sucks to find out that right after steam refund time limit the repeditiveness starts to show.

After watching my friend grind his way to believing theres more, yep there was more... more of the same...

Or i have a bias for RW hahaha dang it :rolleyes:@yahgiggle I'm with you on that !!!

Oh my Captain =O Thats like comparing between assembling a car VS writing an instruction manual cause thats how it looks like when comparing hardware asembly with programming :whistling:
    hardware asembly you can learn with a video since its puzzle work.
    programming you have to learn documentation since its logic work.

Every single command is explained in the Java documentation ( the one that Red provide is for this API specific) that is the reason you have to read, to know what commands you need to use.
    if you want the javadoc of all java itself then this is your source http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/

If you ever did the honor in actually doing some light reading of the included javadoc you would see the same + more as for Commodore documentation since java is way waaay more complex than BASIC.

Example of just 1 api command

insertNewItem

Thats the structure of documentation of all java.
    in this case this is only for this API specific

All that explanation is just for 1 command complete info about what it does how it should be used what it returns what data type goes in what comes out. and even an example of how it could be used.
    all written down.

@joni909
    Its a good thing what you said cause its true.

Especially with thise little plugins its a good way to start with a little java in this way.
    just by playing around with the examples tweak them a little and keep trying out new stuff thats a fun way of learning.

---

Awesome new version of the API already :p this just keeps getting better! more to come too until its completed 8o

Java is not something you simply watch a few videos on youtube and start pumping out complex mods that appeal to end users

:rolleyes: FACT.

and very upset too *giggles* :P

--

Relax @Captian_Cornball reeeeelax. Red already said theres most likely going to be an areaprotection plugin. from that you can be creative and tweak it to your liking.

Patience is a huuuuge part of learning something.
    if you dont like books then you can alternativly stick to reading online documentations (lol online books)
    videos dont cut it beyond the basics of java itself but even then it doesnt explain much about this specific API. which is why we get JavaDocs included to yes... *more reading yaaaay* its just the java way... :rolleyes:

If you like example, i really recommend looking into the javadocs, YES its reading again but there are examples in them.
    you cant test anything out yet tho but its coning.

Have a sense of humor 8o c'mon this is all about having fun !!!!!!! 8o i'm freaken excited

Jeesh @Captian_Cornball that was absolutely offensive for no reason. I was trying to start from step 1 of offering help going by the details you have posted in your OP

^ that is all you have provided.

Maybe my English isnt understandable but I see absolutely no reason to be this disrespectful.
    you did not mention the things you've already done so how would i be able to know what you've already done or not ? (understand my point of view?)

I understand you might be frustrated but that kind of insulting negativity we dont need within the community @Captian_Cornball :thumbdown: especially not if you'd like to be helped.
    I afterall volunteer to help out of goodwill asking nothing in return but some gratitude. But hey maybe you had a bad day so i'll brush it off.

New day, new chance for peace :thumbsup:

--
    From your screenshot I am able to see what was wrong.
    You did a copy paste of the code adding 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. in your source
    remove all those line numbers from your code and you should be fine :)

package net.jiwgames.rwplugin;
    import net.risingworld.api.Plugin; -- package not found

import net.risingworld.api.Plugin -- package not found

indicates that you havent imported your library file into your IDE.

If you get Netbeans (i use this all the time)
    follow the steps as described here (look at the spoiler for images)

If you want to look how to code in java be sure you look at java not javascript :thumbsup: