Posts by DaBoiye

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

Yes, this is very needed. I have worked around this by building "custom" cabinets, but obviously they can't store anything. If I may hijack your thread for a little... heheh... I also suggest resizable generic storage! That way, when you build custom cabinets or any other custom storage unit (fridges, etc.) you can create a storage area in the cabinet manually. I don't know if this is possible but it would rock! :thumbsup:

[Bugfix] Rotation of construction elements will be no longer overridden
    This fixed one of the problems, thanks! However, another problem has popped up. If I place a row of planks, using drag-left-click, snapping another plank on the side of the last plank doesn't work right. It places the plank in the middle of the row of planks. This is a huge blow to making shingle roofs bc after laying the row of shingles, I always need to place a narrower plank on the end to finish the row, and snapping is crucial to that. I haven't tried this since the hotfix today, so this might have been fixed. I have found a way around this problem that kinda works. I hate to ask, but when in the timeline of planned content will the reworked construction system be available? ;)

Yep, this would be really cool! This biome should be very rare and also these trees should be hard to mass-produce (rarely giving more than 1 sapling) or could take a long time to grow. I also hope that someday trees will plop down acorns around the tree, which can be picked up or left alone. If they are picked up they can be roasted above a fire or in a stove for a snack, or just eaten raw. Or you could plant them in your tree farm. If they are left alone there will be a chance that they will grow into another tree. But for the time being, I am just looking forward to the playermodels update!

One thing that could be added that would be awesome would be that when you remove your tent/shelter (temporary shelter) the compass point would once again point to your bed (permanent shelter) this is one thing that has always bugged me. I know that the compass isn't as crucial with the addition of the map, but this change would still be awesome. :D

I have found two issues with pnb snapping. The first has only been happening since the last update.(the real update, not the hotfixes) It happens when placing pnbs, on a non-pnb surface, with snapping activated. So I have a angled beam in my hand, and it passes over a placed vertical beam, and snaps beside the placed beam and I keep moving without placing. The beam is then vertical, or in whatever position the placed beam is in, not back to the angled position it was originally in. I hope ya'll get the context lol, it was more than a little difficult to explain.

The second problem I have noticed for a long time, and isn't as annoying. When placing a pnb, with snapping enabled, it doesn't work right if there is a free-standing object (window, torch, sign) directly behind the place I want to put this beam. The beam doesn't snap, it just slides around like snapping is disabled until I am not pointing at the offending object behind the intended area. Please note that the object is usually about 6 blocks away from the area I want to place the beam.

This is on the Mac version, if other players are having this problem, please comment!

Yes Especially if you attach the wagon to a horse or donkey, this makes things complicated (that's why the "horse+wagon" combination looks awkward in many games)^^ Nevertheless, boats are definitely planned, basically like the horses, they will be ready somewhere after the player models

Makes sense, even to my computer-illiterate brain... I'm very curious to see how the boats will turn out, and how they will be crafted! :)

@joni909 Maybe I should change it to represent what happened to foxbox yesterday... ---If all the beach was pine forest, and mountains sat on my house. If zfoxfire broke all the world, <insert amazing ending>.

We have to work on this feature in order to find out if this can be implemented properly without spending too much time on it (there are many other features that need to be implemented, so it wouldn't be reasonable if we spend 2-3 months solely on wagons, for example). So basically I can't say much about wagons yet.

Would boats be less difficult? Because you don't have to deal with hills and such.

I seriously can't wait for horses and wagons. Flymode is nice for traveling fast, but breaks the survival spell. Horses should be rare, and hard to catch and tame. It would be nice if we could craft wagons with interactive construction-site crafting instead of a blockbech-type gui. Maybe you start a construction site for the wagon you want, and with lumber in your hand, it snaps to the next board. Also, we should have carriages and stagecoaches to haul multiple ppl in MP games. But first, we need player model update for that mithril armor that will protect us on our undoubtedly multiple falls when trying to tame that horse!