Posts by james1bow

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

it there a way to change the de-spawn time of an arrow after its been fired? making a firing range but but after firing 5 arrows there is little to no time to find them. thanks in advance

i hope someone can explain this to me, i'm new to java in general and i have always learned by doing. i was looking threw the code learning how things work. my question has to do with how the code pulls the hitdef from the pickingorder.I was trying to create a masons hammer( like the sledgehammer) but with one hit to remove and retrieve the blocks. "Definitions.HitDamageDefinition damageDef = Definitions.getHitDamageDefinition(itemDef.hitDefinition);" i've looked all over to see how that line functions but cant figure it out. does the Definitions.getHitDamageDefinition(itemDef.hitDefinition) use the entire field(item_damage,player_damage) for an item and multiply that by the multiplier for each one or am i missing how it is calling just one damage(player_damage)? i see

"getPlayerDamage()" in the api and i,m guessing that would call only player_damage. i have a few other items i would like to create (weed wacker with more range for example) but i feel i should start here. i've managed to figure out the workings of everything else just stumped on this one. hope i made sense with my question.

This wouldn't necessarily help regarding the issue raised by the OP (depending on what's considered a "false model"), but irrespective of that, I agree that it would be helpful if the game could at least detect "broken" models. However, this is only possible to a certain degree - the game (or more specifically the server, where the plugin is actually executed) could only check a few basic things. Not sure what's happening right now if a broken model is loaded, does the game actually crash? :huh: IIRC there should be just an error message in the console :thinking:

i can say that some models do crash it. i have been using this plugin to test .obj and .dds textures for the customitemloader before i worry about the itemdef and icon files. ive had some .obj files not allow the server to boot as well it will load it then crash the server and not allow it to restart. i could try to find the error logs if it would help in any way

finely got aorund to adding the plugin and im getting this error in the console

API: REGISTER LISTENER class mrprecision.Button

Plugin MedievalRealms: Missing @EventMethod annotation for method onClick

and this in the log

Rising World - 0.9.6 - Dedicated Server

Windows 10 10.0 Java 1.8.0_251 (amd64) Memory: 5592 MB

2020/09/20 07:36 PM

RW SERVER: Fatal error occurred!

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to net.risingworld.api.objects.Player

at de.pbplugins.asTel.onPlayerKeyInput(asTel.java:168)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:245)

at G.c.a(SourceFile:104)

at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:80)

at de.jiw.network.server.core.ServerTcpChannel.onMessageReceived(ServerTcpChannel.java:99)

at de.jiw.network.server.core.AbstractServerChannel.dispatchTCP(AbstractServerChannel.java:62)

at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:79)

at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:15)

at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)

at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)

at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)

at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)

at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$600(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:38)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$7.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:353)

at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultEventExecutor.run(DefaultEventExecutor.java:66)

at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)

at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i feel like im missing something simple. thanks for any help

You cannot join a server and shoot another player. If he could die or not, this is no friendly behavior and a kick follows in 98 % immediately. In your case you aren't allowed to look behind a closed door. I'm very interested in our players buildings, interior and floor plan. I use to fly to see how a building is build. But if I'm not allowed to visit a building inside I have to except server rules and I'm not going to run Amok. Why should I? Every server has it's own rules. If one admin will not allow it, come again and ask again later. You will not find a server without kicking you, if you're not willing to respect their rules. If you attack another player, nobody will accept such a behavior. Think about it, if you would like that. It's not two friends who shoot each other, it was a strange person who shoots rampages around.

:thumbup: thank you

Also ich möchte nur sagen das einer von euren Admins (Solitar) auf meinem Server kommen und Spieler wegholt das geht gar nicht .

Nicht das man mich Falsch versteht Spieler die bei mir bauen können natürlich woanders hingehen und bauen das kann PresenceRusher bestätigen, damit habe ich kein Problem.

Aber das ein Admin von euch auf meinem Server kommt dann Werbung für euren Server (zitat: Der Server ist NeverWinter ,da kannst du auch kreativ .es gibt Parzelle 70x70 oder freies bauen) macht und die Spieler zu euch holt finde ich nicht gut.:thumbdown:

[EN]

im sorry he came to advertise my server. i would not have allowed this had i know, i will not advertise on any other server. the only time i mention my server is when talking to an admin of another server and i refer to it as "my server" and not by name. this will be dealt with.

[DE]

Es tut mir leid, dass er gekommen ist, um für meinen Server zu werben. Ich hätte das nicht zugelassen, wenn ich gewusst hätte, dass ich auf keinem anderen Server werben werde. Ich erwähne meinen Server nur, wenn ich mit einem Administrator eines anderen Servers spreche, und ich bezeichne ihn als "meinen Server" und nicht namentlich. Dies wird behandelt.

[EN]

simple, you came to the serve4r shooting myself and another player not cool. the protection is there for a reason. i did not see you ask about looking as i was AFK but not my right top show you around another players things. had they wanted you to see the door would have been left open

[DE]

Ganz einfach, du bist zum Serve4r gekommen und hast mich und einen anderen Spieler erschossen, der nicht cool ist. Der Schutz ist aus einem Grund da. Ich habe nicht gesehen, dass du nach dem Aussehen gefragt hast, als ich AFK war, aber nicht mein rechtes Top zeigt dir die Dinge eines anderen Spielers. Hätten sie gewollt, dass du siehst, wäre die Tür offen gelassen worden

i looked and could not find information for it. i know editnpc is a command. i want to allow a player in a group to editnpc's. as admin i can do it just fine but when i place the editnpc command in the groups permissions it says "WARNING: Permission command.editnpc not found!" i also notice it is not listed as a permissions command. is this function only allowed by admin's?

with the ranking i have a group to pramote after 2400 seconds. the next at say 4800 seconds. now my question is, does that 4800 seconds start after the initial 2400 seconds or is that 4800 total game time?