Status Update: Terrain generation

• @red51 thanks for the updates! But see the following:

[Change] Skeletons die automatically after ~30 hours (making room for new skeletons to spawn)

Can we change this so invincible skeletons do not die? The reason being is we had several customized/locked skeleton NPCs that disappear after the 30hr mark (grim reaper, gatekeepers etc).

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• omg omg omg lol could this be a christmas present? have an experimental version for the new game?

Hehe, well, that would be awesome, but unfortunately the playable demo isn't ready yet =/ It's still in an too early state any way too unpolished...

is it possible to get more in depth for crafting and such? more grind in the crafting tree?

We're definitely going to rewrite the crafting part from scratch. We want to introduce new workbenches and more dependencies (but we want to make sure that crafting doesn't become too grindy).
    However, if you have any specific suggestions about the crafting part, feel free to share them ^^

and more block shapes

Yes, there will be some new block shapes in the new version :) But first and foremost, all block shapes will be optionally resizeable (like current planks and beams)

you really need to set give us your paypal link...i know that more people than just me would like to buy you a coffee or pizza while you work. you rock!

Hehe, thanks a lot for your support! Unfortunately we don't have any donation links atm... :/

Would be cool if we could manipulated blocks beams etc into all different shapes i.e manipulate the shape of squared blocks etc.

This sounds interesting, unfortunately I can't say much about that yet... it's our intention to add some special tools to create curved walls, for example, but not sure about how much control we'll get when it comes to individual block shapes.

Can we change this so invincible skeletons do not die? The reason being is we had several customized/locked skeleton NPCs that disappear after the 30hr mark (grim reaper, gatekeepers etc).

Oh, I see. I will add this with the next update, however, unfortunately we have no ETA for the next update... nevertheless, in the meantime, I've created a small plugin which does exactly what you want (prevent invincible npcs from dying due to old age). It's a really lightweight plugin and has no impact on performance (it's only getting active if an npc is about to die). Just extract it into the "plugins" folder of the server and it should do the trick ;) I've also attached the source code here:

Files

• OldAge.zip

(1.55 kB, downloaded 309 times, last: )

Edited once, last by red51: Fixed typo ^^ ().

• Hehe, thanks a lot for your support! Unfortunately we don't have any dontation links atm... :/

:D:D "DONTation links" lol :P What a pity, I would definitely spend some money, too ;) Unfortunately I don't have so many friends or family members to buy the game for them ... So if you ever change the "DONTation link" to a "DO donate link", please let us know ^^:thumbsup:

• :D:D "DONTation links" lol :P What a pity, I would definitely spend some money, too ;) Unfortunately I don't have so many friends or family members to buy the game for them ... So if you ever change the "DONTation link" to a "DO donate link", please let us know ^^:thumbsup:

Oh, lol, thanks for letting me know :D Fixed that typo now^^ And, of course, thanks a lot for your support! :thumbup:

• There will be definitely a playable demo by then, but I guess it will take more than 6 months until the new version can actually replace the current Java version ;)

There will be definitely a playable demo by then, but I guess it will take more than 6 months until the new version can actually replace the current Java version ;)

Thanks for the info! Sorry for the double quote, lol I usually don’t use the quote feature!

• @red51 would you mind making a video of the games progress so far?!

We will definitely share some videos as soon as we have something suitable to be presented :D We still spent a lot of time recently for things where it's difficult to show the progress (e.g. integration of audio engine) :saint: Actually it's unfortunately still too early to have some actual gameplay, but this will definitely change in the next weeks and months :)

• From another RW fan, Awesome work on the game as it is now and looking forward to the new version. You guys really rocks :D

On a side note... I am currently a bit bored with the game as I have done everything one can expect to do in the game several times over and is looking for something new :D

Would it be fine with you if I suggest a few things for the African Biome in RW? I am from Africa so it would make sense to me LOL

• From another RW fan, Awesome work on the game as it is now and looking forward to the new version. You guys really rocks :D

Hehe, thank you very much for your kind words ^^

Would it be fine with you if I suggest a few things for the African Biome in RW? I am from Africa so it would make sense to me LOL

Sure that's totally fine :) We will probably reorganize the suggestions section soon, since we're mostly focusing on the new version now :nerd:

• bonjour

ce serais bien de le mettre en français pour ceux qui ne puissent pas avoir STEAM il y a certains pays ou l'on ne peux pas avoir de visa carte international MERCI aux développeur d'y pense

Do you refer to a french localization of the game? This is definitely planned in the long run ;) Unfortunately we can't add any other languages than english or german at the moment since we would have to rely on external translators in that case...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!