Planning a very large and detailed build - Opinions please

• The anticipation of the New Release has me playing the current version again. I have been brushing up on my PnB and getting used to it again. That said, I decided to try and Design, then build a fully functional town (dependent on AI as it comes). I would like to design it in a old American west style, but with some modern parts. So I am asking if maybe you guys could tell me what I'm missing. The buildings I think I will need are:

TaylorBlacksmithMapmakerFarmOrchardSmelterBakeryQuarry
    WorkshopSawmillMineWarehouseTown CenterParkTax CollectorSheriff
    Mayors Office/HouseResidential Area (outskirts of town center)Commercial area w/shopsIndustrial Area Mines/Warehouses????

I'm Old, Tired and I think I may have lost my mind :!: somewhere around 1983 :?: , so if anyone wants to help me think of more buildings, please feel free and thank:saint:you in advance.

• Nice idea and a ambitious project. I also have some things like that in mind but will postpone it to the new version. Until then im just playing along.

I think they also used to have a Post office, a Jail (maybe within the Sheriff building?), a Law court/house, Horse stables and also one for wagons. these come to my mind right now

• Nice idea and a ambitious project. I also have some things like that in mind but will postpone it to the new version. Until then im just playing along.

I think they also used to have a Post office, a Jail (maybe within the Sheriff building?), a Law court/house, Horse stables and also one for wagons. these come to my mind right now

I'm saving mine for the new build as well, but I do want to get a general idea of how many buildings and where I will put them. Sort of like a rough draft, then once I have it all laid out on paper (yes, I still use paper and pen -- I know, I'm old :) ) I can begin the process of planning what each building should look like. The theme will be a mix of modern and western, but I would like to display RW in it's full glory with this town. I don't want to use any known cities or towns, completely make it up, lay it out, then build it. (I'm guessing I'll be running a server and asking for help as soon as the new version is ready)

• I can't seem to find the post for SEEDS, so here is the one I will be using to create the "TEST" build for the new Town. I will use this seed in the current version to begin planning and get a general idea of what is to go where and how. My hope is the new version will accept the same seed and though it may be different, leaves the purpose in tact. I thought it would be nice to share as it is a promising seed: Red51@Rising@World and also, alternatively this is the exact same seed: Red51_Rising_World (I don't think the symbols @ and _ really matter and only serve as place holders or spaces). The seed has a beach area, mountains and some flat area perfect for planning a town. I chose this seed because of the idea I want this new town/city to be unique and something only meant for RW and it's community. I have logged over 1,000 hours in the game and have created everything I could think of, I like being creative and RW has given me that freedom. PHASE 1 - So it begins...

• I can't seem to find the post for SEEDS, so here is the one I will be using to create the "TEST" build for the new Town. I will use this seed in the current version to begin planning and get a general idea of what is to go where and how. My hope is the new version will accept the same seed and though it may be different, leaves the purpose in tact. I thought it would be nice to share as it is a promising seed: Red51@Rising@World and also, alternatively this is the exact same seed: Red51_Rising_World (I don't think the symbols @ and _ really matter and only serve as place holders or spaces). The seed has a beach area, mountains and some flat area perfect for planning a town. I chose this seed because of the idea I want this new town/city to be unique and something only meant for RW and it's community. I have logged over 1,000 hours in the game and have created everything I could think of, I like being creative and RW has given me that freedom. PHASE 1 - So it begins...

As the world generation will get a complete overhaul (or built up new) you shouldn´t assume the seeds remain the same. Also the worlds in the new seeds will be worlds of oceans with islands (from tiny to gigantic).

But i guess you can still build your stuff and then find a seed you enjoy in the new version and just blueprint your buildings from one version to the other.

Me personally though i am looking forward to start completely fresh, without blueprints. I see the things im creating now as mostly a training and when the new version fully arrives ill use the experience to create something new and better.

After all we get new textures, more connection points on building structures, the block-system will be like planks and beams but with resizable blocks of different shapes, objects will be resizable, etc.

In my opinion it will get even better so its worth to start anew and not be bound on what i create now.

However i am glad we can transfer blueprints as some users literally spent years to create something that is unique.

• Don't know if anyone mentioned a livery stable, and wagon repair shop. Stagecoach station and or old train station. Definitely a church and school and a saloon, no old west town is complete without those. A Doctor's office, a general store, maybe a newspaper office/telegraph/post office. Perhaps a bath house? (Old time miners often didn't have a bathtub of their own, and sometimes a Chinese Laundry offered both laundry services and bathtubs for rent!

This seems like a super fun project, hopefully you'll put it on YouTube or share lots of pictures here. Good luck!

• I decided on a spot near the ocean, I have mountains, sand, and water nearby, cleared a spot for the first building and have built the stairs leading from the valley up to the beach area. Just so everyone knows, this is not a "survival" build, This will be a daunting task in creative mode, It wood take me years in survival to do this alone.

Another note is my system of build will be clearing the area and creating spots for buildings and landscaping, minor buildings (like the shown walkway stairs) will be done in the seed chosen for this build.

The buildings themselves will be built and blueprinted from a flat world, then imported through blueprint and placed.

I figured this would make things easier for me and I can avoid unwanted mistakes or situations where buildings don't look "quite right" in spots.

For your enjoyment and laughs (I know you want too, nobody is crazy enough to take on a build like this alone..............or am I?.......) Starting point uploaded and you can see the beginning of Rising Town as it will soon flourish the Rising World with it's perfect grace.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!