After trying to browse through the piece of pre-created world, demolishing, picking up, placing and resizing most objects i found and in the end using terraforming to fully undo the mountain i started on id like to give you a feedback on my experience.
The most important first - the wait was definitely worth it! Thank you so much for your hard labor, your dedication and this awesome game. Can´t wait to see more of it!
now my critics:
1. its a tech demo, not much to see in it so hard to give a full feedback. i would have wished some more possibilities, like some blocks to place (even if they are pre-placed and i can just pick them up and rearrange)
2. i really like the sounds of the Java-version but somehow i expected to hear more new or remodeled sounds. thats probably my own expectation that failed me but i still think this game in new clothes deserves some new sounds as well
3. It seems i can´t destroy the wooden cabin im starting in. Though one or max 2 hits with the pickaxe are enough to destroy most objects in it. From my experience its very easy to accidentally click too fast / too much and bang - your precious object is gone. There should be some kind of prevention for that. Maybe it should need more hits to destroy an object.
4. on the other side i have hit the closed on the inside several times and got a quite cool and deep sound. not very fitting to the closet but i like the sound itself. however the closet didn´t get destroyed. but when i hit the doors just once, the whole closet collapsed. i made the same obersvation with the feeding crib outside the cabin.
5. everything on max, even resolution and view distances i had some minor stutters. nothing to worry about. with massive terraforming it got a bit worse but still playable. though i can see it changing when there is more building going on. ill keep an eye on that
6. i really like the new interface. i have to get used to it but i already like it. well done!
7. the improved graphics are just great!
8. the possibility to turn lights/fires on/off is awesome
9. i enlarged a wooden bench to something a fat-butt giant could sit on. LOVE IT!!
looking so much forward to more!!