my Feedback so far

• After trying to browse through the piece of pre-created world, demolishing, picking up, placing and resizing most objects i found and in the end using terraforming to fully undo the mountain i started on id like to give you a feedback on my experience.

The most important first - the wait was definitely worth it! Thank you so much for your hard labor, your dedication and this awesome game. Can´t wait to see more of it!

now my critics:

1. its a tech demo, not much to see in it so hard to give a full feedback. i would have wished some more possibilities, like some blocks to place (even if they are pre-placed and i can just pick them up and rearrange)

2. i really like the sounds of the Java-version but somehow i expected to hear more new or remodeled sounds. thats probably my own expectation that failed me but i still think this game in new clothes deserves some new sounds as well :)

3. It seems i can´t destroy the wooden cabin im starting in. Though one or max 2 hits with the pickaxe are enough to destroy most objects in it. From my experience its very easy to accidentally click too fast / too much and bang - your precious object is gone. There should be some kind of prevention for that. Maybe it should need more hits to destroy an object.

4. on the other side i have hit the closed on the inside several times and got a quite cool and deep sound. not very fitting to the closet but i like the sound itself. however the closet didn´t get destroyed. but when i hit the doors just once, the whole closet collapsed. i made the same obersvation with the feeding crib outside the cabin.

5. everything on max, even resolution and view distances i had some minor stutters. nothing to worry about. with massive terraforming it got a bit worse but still playable. though i can see it changing when there is more building going on. ill keep an eye on that :)

6. i really like the new interface. i have to get used to it but i already like it. well done!

7. the improved graphics are just great!

8. the possibility to turn lights/fires on/off is awesome

9. i enlarged a wooden bench to something a fat-butt giant could sit on. LOVE IT!!

looking so much forward to more!!:wow:

• Thank you so much for your feedback! :)

1. its a tech demo, not much to see in it so hard to give a full feedback. i would have wished some more possibilities, like some blocks to place (even if they are pre-placed and i can just pick them up and rearrange)

Yes, unfortunately the demo is quite limited... I guess the upcoming building update will make it much more interesting (at least for people who enjoy building) ^^

2. i really like the sounds of the Java-version but somehow i expected to hear more new or remodeled sounds. thats probably my own expectation that failed me but i still think this game in new clothes deserves some new sounds as well :)

Hmm... actually we did rework most of the sounds :D In some areas we still use sounds which are similar to the Java version, but most sounds are new or at least improved ^^ Is there a specific sound (or a specific type of sounds, like footsteps or hit sounds) you didn't like?

3. It seems i can´t destroy the wooden cabin im starting in. Though one or max 2 hits with the pickaxe are enough to destroy most objects in it. From my experience its very easy to accidentally click too fast / too much and bang - your precious object is gone. There should be some kind of prevention for that. Maybe it should need more hits to destroy an object.

Yes, construction elements aren't fully implemented yet so the cabin (and stuff like the fences) can't be removed right now :hushed:

4. on the other side i have hit the closed on the inside several times and got a quite cool and deep sound. not very fitting to the closet but i like the sound itself. however the closet didn´t get destroyed. but when i hit the doors just once, the whole closet collapsed. i made the same obersvation with the feeding crib outside the cabin.

The closet takes 8 hits until it breaks, it shouldn't really matter if you hit the doors or the body ^^

Do you really think the hit sound does not fit? :wat: I'm not sure if sounds are played a bit different on our end... do you maybe have a 5.1 or 7.1 setup? Or is your device configured as 5.1/7.1 in Windows (sometimes this seems to happen even though a stereo output device is used)? I've seen cases where sounds don't work properly in these cases :thinking:

But please keep in mind that sounds are a bit different inside buildings^^

5. everything on max, even resolution and view distances i had some minor stutters. nothing to worry about. with massive terraforming it got a bit worse but still playable. though i can see it changing when there is more building going on. ill keep an eye on that :)

Do you mind sharing some information about your hardware, especially your graphics card? :)

9. i enlarged a wooden bench to something a fat-butt giant could sit on. LOVE IT!!

Hehe, yeah, the ability to resize objects certainly introduces a whole new set of possibilities :D

• red51

1. i understood that. im not disappointed, just a remark as you wanted and also deserve feedback on your hard work. ill surely give more when there is more to test :)

2. I noticed some sounds are reworked. For example the Clang-sound of the tool hitting rock seems to me the same as before. Not a bad sound at all, just i connected it to the Java-version and imagined a new one for the new version. After all this is the sound most people will hear the most :D

3. alright

4. strange. i have destroyed everything i could so i cant try it out again or probably id have to uninstall the beta branch and reinstall again. but im pretty sure i didn´t hit the closet 7 times and the doors by coincidence an 8th time. i hit the closet maybe 4-5 times and the doors just once. but id have to try again.

i didn´t say i don´t like the sound. but a deep DUUNNNGG, like from a huge bell or a drum doesnt seem to fit to hitting a wooden closet with a pickaxe.

5. sure. i7-7700K CPU @4.20GHz // 16GB RAM // Geforce 1800ti

9. it does. my head is already spinning from all the things i want to build with it :D

• Something else:

im at the creative testing area.

1. i can open the locked door to the christmas-tree-room by simply picking up the doors. i guess thats not the purpose of "locking doors" :)

2. when i dig under the foundation of your testing area i can see that a part of it is made with wooden texture blocks. these are overlapping the concrete a bit and in this area i can see the same flickering as we currently have in the java-version. will this be fixed/solved until the building update?

• 4. strange. i have destroyed everything i could so i cant try it out again or probably id have to uninstall the beta branch and reinstall again. but im pretty sure i didn´t hit the closet 7 times and the doors by coincidence an 8th time. i hit the closet maybe 4-5 times and the doors just once. but id have to try again.

That's really strange :wat: Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this issue... :thinking:

1. i can open the locked door to the christmas-tree-room by simply picking up the doors. i guess thats not the purpose of "locking doors" :)

Oh, yes indeed, I guess it makes sense to prevent people from picking up the door as long as it is locked :saint:

2. when i dig under the foundation of your testing area i can see that a part of it is made with wooden texture blocks. these are overlapping the concrete a bit and in this area i can see the same flickering as we currently have in the java-version. will this be fixed/solved until the building update?

If two elements with different textures are placed at exactly the same location (or more precisely, two faces are overlapping), you will always encounter z-fighting (the flickering). This won't change unfortunately, however, render precision is greatly improved in the new version: While in the Java version you still got flickering even if there was a small offset between two faces, this won't happen in most situations in the new version. For example, in the Java version, there were many situations where posters or thin planks placed on top of other elements were flickering - that shouldn't be an issue in the new version anymore.

If you still want overlapping elements (with different textures), just add a slight offset (e.g. 1mm) to avoid z-fighting in the new version* :)

*in the Java version it was usually necessary to add a much greater offset to avoid flickering

Oh man... i really love these movable blocks, whatever they are :) I hope this is a pre-taste of the upcoming electrification of rising world :D

Basically they were just used for some physics tests :D Nothing too special... they're unfortuantely not related to the electrification of RW :D

I presume that at some point limitations will be placed as to how far an object can be resized ;)

Yeah, unfortunately most animated objects may look a bit odd if they're resized differently on each axis ^^ This can be fixed however, but this requires some additional work per object and we haven't done that yet :drunk:

• aww... i hoped these movable blocks would work along with electrification, pistons, etc. i hope though there will be something similar then :D

Hehe, well, we do have some plans for a few moving things, but I can probably say more about that once electricity is implemented :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!