Netflix - Recommended Programme

• Hi,

Very unusual for me to post here in off topic. . .

But, as we're all gamers here I thought I would make a recommendation of a Netflix series I've just watched - and it was really interesting (and nostalgic :D).

If you have Netflix, and you haven't seen it already - I highly recommend watching High Score. It's a 6 part docuseries about the birth of computer games.

• High Score? I'll make note of it.

Past few months I picked up a few movies because I was curious.

- Dredd

- Fury

- Interstellar

- Ghost in the Shell

- Battleship

Dredd was a neat watch. It seems mostly faithful to the original, just don't know how much.

Fury has an awesome story, soundtrack and etc. Love the planes flying overhead.

That air scene still haunts me. So beautiful.

Interstellar is an awesome space movie, glad I was finally able to watch it. Great music, great acting, though with some stiff comedy lines by the future people. It felt like I was watching my typical serious anime with the robots, the plot-twists, and etc.

Ghost in the Shell movie was neat, though doesn't beat the anime. Its awesome in its own manner.

Battleship was a decent movie. Too many corny jokes, it was however enjoyable one it got to ship battles and alien POVs. It tried to make the aliens relatable, something I liked. Iowa was nice.

Once I get more proper time I can't wait to get back to watching original Trek, or other movies. Curious what to watch other than 'High Score'.

• Alright, sorry for hijacking this thread. Just wanted to correct my above posting quickly......

- Inception: Finally watched it after so many memes, years, and etc. Love how it plays into dreams realistically while having fun with it. I actually enjoyed this movie. (This movie is supposed to be in the above list)

------

- Escape Plan: Watched this on TV yet was fun to watch the two big boys escape prisons. It was low key entertainment seeing how they would plot their way into escaping prison.

- Oblivion: Better late than ever, watching a recolonization of earth in a very blank manner. Felt empty in places yet was a fun decent watch. Good drone designs, interesting story, yet could have used a lot more.

Wondering if I should move my posting to a new thread or if its fine in this thread. I still have yet to see 'High Score'.

• I watched that, my favorite was the episodes about Aladdin's Castle. My go-to game there was Tron. And I learned two things; 1) There's one Aladdin's Castle left, in Illinois, and 2) Those tokens still sell on E-bay. I had a bunch of Aladdin's Castle and 4th Street Book Exchange coins; I sold enough to get a new e-cig and a nice piece of malachite I've had my eye on at V-Rock.

• Interesting, I don't remember Desert Tank; that seems like it would have been up my alley. According to the internet, Desert Tank was released by Sega in 1994, which makes sense being that there's the Sega logo right there by the seat of the cab. That would explain it, isn't it wild how memories come flooding back?! In the late '80s, my parents got my brother and I an Amiga, which kind of ended trips to the arcade. We had two games; Blood Money and The Faery Tale Adventure. My brother and I developed an interest in RoboCop right around '90, so she picked up an Amiga game called Roadwars, since the cover art had a guy whom she thought looked RoboCop-ish. The game was nothing like RoboCop, but it was still fun. However, what my mom didn't know was that you could bump your partner off the road, and were sometimes even encouraged to do so. Sibling fights kind of ended gaming in our household for a huge chunk of time after that.

• got my brother and I an Amiga

What Amiga did/do you have? I have got my Amiga 600 still, sitting not too far from me as I type, in the original box and still works :thumbup:

My No. 1 game on the Amiga was Secret of Money Island (in fact I still play it now and then :D) I even have some art prints of the game in my office :nerd:

Never played Blood Money, but I know the tune very well. "It's all about the blood, moooooney" hehe maybe I should find myself a copy "The biggest unanswered question is; where is the money:?:"

• I had to look it up, I do believe we had the 500. I loved Blood Money. If I remember right, DMA Design turned into Rockstar, which is responsible for the Grand theft Auto games. But yes, Blood Money does indeed have a catchy beat. We also had Street Sport Basketball and Footman.

• Still haven't watched the recommended, though finally watched 'Detective Pikachu' which was an alright movie. It was a few nights ago. It done many right things, though far more worse things. Three steps forward, two steps back. Loved how the Pokemon were portrayed, just hated how cringe and annoying certain scenes were. Yes, it was aimed at kids, insanely so. It had no proper elements to other more serious Pokemon show.

6/10, as a friend scored it. That's another movie off my list.

I was legit annoyed at how certain parts were cringy with horrible humour while loving the more immersive and serious battles. Actual basic comedy was awesome, the other types of (public humilation) of comedy wasn't.

• Hello, guys. Next week I finally have my vacation, so I'll have a week to dedicate to watching some really dope movies. I'd really like to watch some military ones, so I'd be grateful if you advised me about them (except Save Private Ryan).

• Also, even though this post is old, I'm sure there are still plenty of great movies out there to discover. If you're looking for something new to watch, you might want to check out 999flix.com. They've got a huge selection of movies and TV shows, and there's bound to be something that catches your eye.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!