Upcoming Multiplayer Update

• Deutsche Version

The multiplayer update for the new version will be available on Tuesday, August 31. Here you find some basic information about the dedicated server:

• The dedicated Rising World server will be available through Steam and SteamCMD, just like the Java version. You don't have to own the game in order to access the dedicated server files
    • The dedicated server will be available for Windows and Linux (64 bit only)
    • The server for the new version will use the same App ID as the Java version. It will be available as a separate beta branch
    • If you enable the server beta branch, it will only download the new version (i.e. unlike the game, it does not install both the Java version and the new version). Please make sure to install the server for the new version into a separate folder, so it does not interfere with a previous installation of the Java version :!:
    • Java is not required to run the new version server
    • The new version server requires more free space on your harddrive - around 600 MB
    • Unlike the Java version, the new server no longer uses start scripts, instead you can run the server through an executable file ("RisingWorldServer.exe" on Windows and "RisingWorldServer.x64" on Linux)
    • The first release already contains an integrated AreaProtection as well as Permissions - both are useful to protect your server from griefers. We'll share more information about these features shortly
    • The Plugin API is unfortunately still not available in this update
    • Once the update is available, there will be a separate section in our forum for multiplayer-related discussions
  • Will there be a basic guide re: bullet point 4?

I've familiar with Steam CMD but not with enabling beta branches.

If the Unity version is installed on the same hardware as the Java version, and an update for the Java version comes out, will that still be updateable?

If you enable the server beta branch, it will only download the new version (i.e. unlike the game, it does not install both the Java version and the new version

I'm assuming...

force_install_dir ./path_name/

app_update 339010 -beta <betaname?>

• Oh Okay, I found Dedicated Server Setup [New Version]

But my question regarding Steam CMD and enabling beta still stand :)

Oh one more thing ;)

If you want to set up a custom header image, you can define a relative path to the .png or .jpg file at "Server_CustomHeaderImage".

Is there a file size limit on this? Optimal dimensions?

• But my question regarding Steam CMD and enabling beta still stand :)

Sorry for my late response, had some trouble getting the server online on Steam :drunk:

However, the beta branch for the new version is called unity, so you'll have to enter this command to download the new version server:

app_update 339010 -beta unity

But it seems like there are issues with the anonymous login package :thinking: It may take some time until this works, otherwise we have to contact Valve about that (since we have no direct control over this)...

If it doesn't work, you'll have to login with a Steam account which owns the game (as a temporary solution until this issue is fixed)

If the Unity version is installed on the same hardware as the Java version, and an update for the Java version comes out, will that still be updateable?

I'd recommend to install the new version server into a separate directory. Your assumption is correct, you can change the folder via force_install_dir ;)

Can I upgrade my hosting server? To download the Unity server?

The new server is available as a separate beta branch on Steam (unity). If you've rented a game server, you'll probably need to contact the hoster if you can't select a different branch there directly :|

Is there a file size limit on this? Optimal dimensions?

There is no file size limit but I'd recommend to keep the file size as low as possible (for users with slow internet connections). There is a download timeout of a few seconds, i.e. if the game cannot download the image within a few seconds, a "missing image" header is shown instead.

The dimensions should be 1024x512 (or a similar aspect ratio).

• But can't located server.properties - need to change the ports before I run the exe

Oh, yeah it's apparently missing in this branch... we'll change that! However, if you launch the server, it will create a new default server.properties file.

Alternatively you can find a server.properties file attached ;)

• Well it says Dedicated server is ready! But there's this error message.

Hmm... this is caused by the JDK (which is shipped with the server and will be needed for the plugin API in the future). Apparently the jvm.dll could not be loaded, it seems that it has some additional dependencies :thinking: We'll need to take a closer look at this...

But usually the server should still run, even if the JVM could not be loaded ^^

• Rising World Dedicated Server Version 0.3 (1) 2021-08-31 15:12

Windows 10 (10.0.17763) 64bit (Desktop)

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5677 @ 3.47GHz, 16 Cores, 3458 MHz

PowerEdge R710 (Dell Inc.) 32751 MB RAM

Commit: 2ecd3b8638ab77f80ae6d02cf849a17eb5646d2b

Branch: master JobID: 5400

_______________________________________________________________________________________

[ERROR] !!! UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION !!!

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

RisingWorld.Server.Main:HandleError(Exception)

RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication:UncaughtException(Exception)

RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication:Update()

[ERROR] DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'native'. Tried the load the following dynamic libraries: Unable to load dynamic library 'native' because of 'Failed to open the requested dynamic library (0x06000000) - The specified module could not be found. (WinError:126/0x0000007e)

RisingWorld.Native.NativeManager.Initialize () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Server.Main.InitDefaultSettings () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Server.Main.OnInitialize () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

Steamworks.ISteamMatchmakingPingResponse+ServerFailedToRespond.Invoke () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication.Update () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

ExceptionExtensions:PrintStackTrace(Exception)

RisingWorld.Server.Main:HandleError(Exception)

RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication:UncaughtException(Exception)

[WARNING] Exit (1)

• [ERROR] DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'native'. Tried the load the following dynamic libraries: Unable to load dynamic library 'native' because of 'Failed to open the requested dynamic library (0x06000000) - The specified module could not be found. (WinError:126/0x0000007e)

This indicates that one of the native library could not be loaded :wat: Either this file is missing or broken (it's the "native.dll" which should be located in /Data/Plugins/), or it requires some dependencies which aren't installed on that machine...

Maybe try to reinstall the server (in case the dll is just missing or broken). If it still doesn't start, please let me know.

• This indicates that one of the native library could not be loaded :wat: Either this file is missing or broken (it's the "native.dll" which should be located in /Data/Plugins/), or it requires some dependencies which aren't installed on that machine...

Maybe try to reinstall the server (in case the dll is just missing or broken). If it still doesn't start, please let me know.

ive reinstalled twice and verified files, same outcome. im wondering if it may be graphics card related.

• ive reinstalled twice and verified files, same outcome. im wondering if it may be graphics card related.

Oh, no, actually the server doesn't require a graphics card and runs in headless mode. The original error indicated that the native.dll could not be loaded (which contains our native code, i.e. the part of the game which is implemented in C++).

On Windows, it may be necessary to install VCRedist (if it's not yet installed). You can find it here (make sure to download "vc_redist.x64.exe"): https://www.microsoft.com/en-U…oad/details.aspx?id=48145

• server loads now. switched machines and forgot to install vc_redis. still has an error . can join and play the server tho.

[ERROR] DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '../Java/JDK/bin/server/jvm.dll'. Tried the load the following dynamic libraries: Unable to load dynamic library '../Java/JDK/bin/server/jvm.dll' because of 'Failed to open the requested dynamic library (0x06000000) - The specified module could not be found. (WinError:126/0x0000007e)

JIW.JNI.Wrapper.JNI.CreateJavaVM (JIW.JNI.Wrapper.JavaVM& vm, JIW.JNI.Wrapper.Env.JNIEnv& env, System.String[] options) (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.PluginAPI.JavaRuntime.Init () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Server.GameServer.LoadWorld (System.String worldname) (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Server.Main.InitServerContext () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Server.Main.OnPostInitialize () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

Steamworks.ISteamMatchmakingPingResponse+ServerFailedToRespond.Invoke () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication.Update () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

RisingWorld.PluginAPI.JavaRuntime:Init()

RisingWorld.Server.GameServer:LoadWorld(String)

RisingWorld.Server.Main:InitServerContext()

RisingWorld.Server.Main:OnPostInitialize()

Steamworks.ServerFailedToRespond:Invoke()

• james1bow Glad to hear it works now! And it's good to know that VCRedist is required ;)

About the other dll issue, it is the same issue as this one: RE: Upcoming Multiplayer Update

It seems to be another dependency (this time for the JDK, which is required for the Plugin API). The server will still run (and it's not a big deal atm, since the Plugin API isn't available anyway), but we'll definitely take a closer look at this

• Im having an issue.. im trying to get the server to show up/connect

it is not showing up on the list and I use ":connect to ip." it says can't connect, no errors, I enabled port forwarding on my router, this is the ONLY game Im having problems with, Firewall is ok,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!