Blueprinting Infinite Iron Ore and Giant Trees

• Not exactly a bug, but could be used to abuse things. But I have a player who discovered that its possible to blue print the iron ore rocks and place infinite copies of it for easy iron. They also discovered that you can blueprint tree saplings and resize the sapling blueprint to a bigger size and they then grow into massive trees. Not sure if that might cause performance issues if they create too many... :drunk:

• I guess the proper solution for this would be to make sure that you can't place blueprints for free (so you need the actual resources that would also be required to create the blueprinted elements). In case of the iron rocks, that would be iron ore accordingly, as mentioned by Yaromid ^^

We should make sure to add the resource requirement for survival in the near future, otherwise it's indeed too easy to exploit the game :saint:

• I guess the proper solution for this would be to make sure that you can't place blueprints for free (so you need the actual resources that would also be required to create the blueprinted elements). In case of the iron rocks, that would be iron ore accordingly, as mentioned by Yaromid ^^

We should make sure to add the resource requirement for survival in the near future, otherwise it's indeed too easy to exploit the game :saint:

If the blueprint contains more elements than player can have in inventory - it will be a problem to place it, what if blueprint will be placed as a "ghost" structure without collisions that will accept items from inventory by pressing interaction key? Something similar is implemented in some Minecraft mods (for example - schematica and litematica)

In this case structure can show player what resources are required and the player will be able to bring them during a long period of time (for example if you are building a skyscraper you will not need to have all materials in inventory at once - you can mine, farm and craft them and then bring to structure). This also makes structure placement not immediate, so it sounds more balanced for survival gameplay

• The original idea was indeed to have blueprints just create some sort of "construction site" in survival, either spawning a storage box to put the requires resources, or a "ghost" structure you can interact with ;) There was a discussion about that some time ago in the German forum section: https://forum.rising-world.net/thread/11576

An alternative approach that had been suggested was to have the resources as requirement to craft the blueprint (which could then be placed anywhere without intermediate steps).

Actually we're still not sure which approach would be better. The latter would be a bit easier to implement, so maybe we will stick to that approach for the time being. In order to fix the resource problem for bigger structures, we could add a chest to the blueprint table (where you could deposit the required resources), or maybe the blueprint table could use resources from nearby chests automatically. Not sure about that :thinking:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!