Discord

• Sorry if this is in the wrong channel! I was wondering what plans you have for a discord, red51

I am very familiar with(not only Rising World) discord and have owned a discord ever since 2018 or so, and would love to be a volunteer moderator/or community helper(player support) for the future Official Rising World discord!

Please let me know your thoughts on this! ☺️

• It was suggested before and the base line is that its too much effort for now. Effort that is better put into the game development. But i agree, that would be a really nice platform.

Though there are some players who dislike discord and not everyone would use it. So it would still be necessary to maintain steam and the official forum. In the end Discord is really additional effort, even with community helpers.

Maybe one day.. ;)

• i don't like Discord very much, but for players who don't like a forum Discord is a good alternative. Why not use both? In the meanwhile some players could join together and make their "Rising World Friends" /players Discord server until there is an official RW Discord. I think only one person has to start with it. ^^

• i don't like Discord very much, but for players who don't like a forum Discord is a good alternative. Why not use both? In the meanwhile some players could join together and make their "Rising World Friends" /players Discord server until there is an official RW Discord. I think only one person has to start with it. ^^

Or just use the already exisiting "Unofficial Rising World Discord Channel" ;)

• Some people mentioned that official discord will take a lot of time from game development, but from my own experience Discord will not consume development time - it is possible to chose some volunteers as moderators and allow them to do most moderation work. Discord is a good place for community to discuss things, and sometimes (but not always) it works better then forums. That's why some projects have both Discord and Forum (Minetest, for example, or some large mod projects)

I think only one person has to start with it

The problem with such approach is that the owner of server has a full control over it, and if he is not one of game developers - there can be consequences. For example he can abandon server, and if server don't have moderators - it will sink in spam, fishing links and other bad things. Or he can become mad at one moment and do something really bad with server or its members. The best solution is when the owner of the server is, well, same person as the owner of the game, and moderators are his trusted people who take care of server while dev is working on the game. In that case both problems will be solved together as in case of any conflict the server owner can easily solve it, and even if one of moderators will lost his control - effectively solve it

• Some people mentioned that official discord will take a lot of time from game development, but from my own experience Discord will not consume development time - it is possible to chose some volunteers as moderators and allow them to do most moderation work. Discord is a good place for community to discuss things, and sometimes (but not always) it works better then forums. That's why some projects have both Discord and Forum (Minetest, for example, or some large mod projects)

The problem with such approach is that the owner of server has a full control over it, and if he is not one of game developers - there can be consequences. For example he can abandon server, and if server don't have moderators - it will sink in spam, fishing links and other bad things. Or he can become mad at one moment and do something really bad with server or its members. The best solution is when the owner of the server is, well, same person as the owner of the game, and moderators are his trusted people who take care of server while dev is working on the game. In that case both problems will be solved together as in case of any conflict the server owner can easily solve it, and even if one of moderators will lost his control - effectively solve it

The thing is not to bundle the community (for that there is already an unofficial Discord server with mods). Its to communicate background-information, behind the scenes infos, planned features, estimated release dates, etc. So whoever is moderating the channel would need to get a deep inside view in those details. I understand that this is also additional effort for the devs and at the same time they open their internal schedules to someone they probably don´t know in person.

Nah, i get why Red is not opening such a channel. He would have to handle that one additionally to his regular tasks. But i really wish JiW would grow with the sales of RW so they can hire someone. Either for community works or to shove Red free for such tasks.

• If the Discord owner is willing to manage it why not? It takes time and work, but in the end it can be worth it. If you thought like having trouble, getting spam etc. nobody would ever open a server, gaming or ts3.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!